What would you like to see for the future of SWTOR?

dragonczarxi

for me i would like to see a few things added to swtor:

perhaps a new class for imperials like a stormtrooperish class? i know the stormtrooper and clone troopers have not gone imperial yet in the time line, but the imps have to have frontline grunts to... a BH army would just be to expensive

combat engineer? perhabs have the jawas as a playable race, and have a class the would like summon droids as a bulk of dmg, even have like a tank, a dps, and healer droid out, while actual char is pretty weak without his pets/summons??

Class diversity: i know the stories are diffrent from class to class, but i have a hard time getting into classes from the oposing side, (jedi knight/sith warrior for example) feels like im leveling the same thing all over. (same abilities and talents, only the names have changed)

for me i would like to see a few things added to swtor:

perhaps a new class for imperials like a stormtrooperish class? i know the stormtrooper and clone troopers have not gone imperial yet in the time line, but the imps have to have frontline grunts to... a BH army would just be to expensive

combat engineer? perhabs have the jawas as a playable race, and have a class the would like summon droids as a bulk of dmg, even have like a tank, a dps, and healer droid out, while actual char is pretty weak without his pets/summons??

Class diversity: i know the stories are diffrent from class to class, but i have a hard time getting into classes from the oposing side, (jedi knight/sith warrior for example) feels like im leveling the same thing all over. (same abilities and talents, only the names have changed)

As much as I think a storm trooper class for imps or SIS agent for republic, its not gonna happen. Well i doubt it anyway, not for a long long time. As for the Jawas, this is a confirmed no. To me, jawas would take the game in a more WoW direction with gnome engineers and stuff like that. Thats just my opinion, but like I said they have been asked and its been said no, along with Wookies and other none basic speaking species. Now to have a stim/buff that transforms the user into a wookie/jawa for 2 mins. Id live with that.

OPS that are a challenge... this crap of walking in and 3 hours later full clearing the newest hardest content is boring.

Not everyone is in a hardcore pve ops guild with full tier gear in the first 3 days of new content release. Maybe to set a challenge for you're self to leave you're amazing guild and join a mediocre guild and try clearing it on that. Problem solved.

i can understand not having any non basic speaking races, but i would like to see a little more diversity in the classes, even if its one or two abilities that the other faction dont get. Far as ops go not too sure, i have a jk but no guild that has been able to run anything, so i have yet to personaly finish one. course on the pay to win side, i would like to see a nice set of mando armor on cartel market place. not really liking any of the bh armours pre 35ish. though reflecting on all my game years, i miss the necromancer from dark age of camelot. where everything came from the pet, and if pet died player lost 99% health.... sith mind controller =P

I would like to see the items from my sig, and a few new ones as follows (note that a few items might be repeated)....

Group Play

My suggestions for Group play and Group UI improvements....

Group summon tools

Encourage re-running old content...

Suggested improvements to the LFG and Flashpoint system

Heroics

Heroic Kiosk by starport on every planet...

Improvements to grouping for Heroics

Solo mode for heroics...my thoughts

Abilities

General changes to alignment and added ability list

No droids or Jawas for creatable characters...but what about disguises?

Cartel Market

My suggestions for the market....

More suggestions for the Cartel Market

Add mechanic to allow subscribers to earn CC in game.....

Alteration of current market XP buffs

Class storylines/progression

How about advancing class stories without level increases...using companions?

Minigames

My ideas for Pazaak

How I think swoop racing could work...PVE and PVP

Alignment

Suggestion for force alignment...change in recharge and weapon use

Legacy

My suggestions for legacy changes and/or additions...

Small change to original suggestion....Legacy Cargo/Bank

Quality of Life

General QoL suggestions

Suggested changes to social point system

What constructive changes could be made to Customization, Collections and Dyes?

Companions

New Droid and Animal companion suggestion

What if we could change our companions appearance using the kiosk?

Are there any changes that can be made to current companions to give them more appeal?

Crafting

Add dye slot to weapons and speeders....

Suggestion to make every profession viable

Should there be ways to boost critical chance when crafting?

Armor

Convert all in game drop and reward armor to have the ability to be reverse-engineered...

PVP

What could make PVP more appealing overall?

An idea for PVP based on the SSSP GUI......

Subscribers

Add value to subscription suggestions

UI changes

What changes could be made to the UI to make it more appealing?

General

General idea list for game improvements

I may add more later to the list.

Edited by LordArtemis

More guild tools including a much needing increase on the guild cap of 500 where one player can have 22 characters. For larger guilds like us, despite guild management we are no longer able to recruit members as we are full (petition on suggestions forum) http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=603918&page=1

More ingame social features. Pazaak, interactive cantina's, racing.

Ability to decorate/add items to ship to make it feel like a home. Better still guild ships with rooms for members (like housing)

i would like to see a few things in the game. maybe something like a pod racer mini game. maybe something like tournament type against player and/or CPU. and vehicles that would be upgradeable like your ship. customizable colors and look.

classes:

creature handler: someone that can tame and control a beast. for that class they would replace the companion character. they would have to have the same amount of abilities so it would be fair for everyone that isn't playing that class. they could have some attacks, but would be able to buff their beast's.

martial artist of some type: hand to hand combat. maybe uses chi or even the force. could also be a special race that could only be that class.

profession classes:

chef: to make food that gives some sort of buff. could be more hp, str, regen effect etc.

bio-engineer: someone that can take samples of creatures and possibly make them as either pets or creatures that can be used with the creature handler class.

engineer of some type. someone that can make useless but fun items to either show off or just to have fun. or maybe just add some to the profession classes that already exist.

Space not being a mini game starwars not ground wars

70 of the original trilogies 390 minutes involves space, or 18%. So statistically Star Wars is primarily ground based.

As to the OP:

Playable togruta

A full and complete Codex system

More space missions.

Weekly unique class missions that have a space mission component.

Lesbian romances as far as the eye can see.

• 2 months later...
Lesbian romances as far as the eye can see.

Don't hold your breath. Been waiting since launch, still no lesbian romances except for one that is Republic exclusive, so that doesn't even really count imo. One flirt line on Empire does not a lesbian romance make. There's a thread that's been going on for hundreds of pages on the forums here, and there's very little in terms of updates.

More guild stuff.

Guild Ships (I also want to dye my ship my guild colors)

Guild Dyes- (Such as in we make our own dye color and usable to all guildmates)

Cross Guild Faction Guild Chat (Linking up your guild's Sith Alt guild and your main guild, vise versa.)

Guild Levels- Bonuses when gaining achievements and dailies within a guild.

Maybe an upgrade to the guild window- it still glitches on me

Guild Recruitment Window

I would love more space combat things- and being able to group up and do it. It can be boring by yourself.

Cross Guild Faction Guild Chat (Linking up your guild's Sith Alt guild and your main guild, vise versa.)

This is one that puzzles me. Why this isn't an option, even for CUSTOM/private chat channels? The effort to allow that would be next to none yet improve the quality of the game considerably. Tons of guilds exist on both sides with largely the same members who need to communicate.

• 1 month later...

Latest list of suggestions with a few recent additions....

Group Play

My suggestions for Group play and Group UI improvements....

Group summon tools

Encourage re-running old content...

Suggested improvements to the LFG and Flashpoint system

Heroics

Heroic Kiosk by starport on every planet...

Improvements to grouping for Heroics

Solo mode for heroics...my thoughts

Space combat

Galactic Starfighter....suggestions to give it wider appeal, short and long term

Abilities

General changes to alignment and added ability list

No droids or Jawas for creatable characters...but what about disguises?

Cartel Market

My suggestions for the market....

More suggestions for the Cartel Market

Add mechanic to allow subscribers to earn CC in game.....

Alteration of current market XP buffs

Class storylines/progression

How about advancing class stories without level increases...using companions?

Minigames

My ideas for Pazaak

How I think swoop racing could work...PVE and PVP

Alignment

Suggestion for force alignment...change in recharge and weapon use

Legacy

My suggestions for legacy changes and/or additions...

Small change to original suggestion....Legacy Cargo/Bank

Quality of Life

General QoL suggestions

Suggested changes to social point system

What constructive changes could be made to Customization, Collections and Dyes?

Companions

New Droid and Animal companion suggestion

What if we could change our companions appearance using the kiosk?

Are there any changes that can be made to current companions to give them more appeal?

Crafting

Add dye slot to weapons and speeders....

Suggestion to make every profession viable

Should there be ways to boost critical chance when crafting?

Armor

Convert all in game drop and reward armor to have the ability to be reverse-engineered...

PVP

What could make PVP more appealing overall?

An idea for PVP based on the SSSP GUI......

Subscribers

Add value to subscription suggestions

UI changes

What changes could be made to the UI to make it more appealing?

General

General idea list for game improvements

I may add more later to the list.

Edited by LordArtemis

Leveling gear. I hate micromanaging gear, and this game is NUTS with it, having not only the 6 standard armor / weapons slots, but also 3-4 mods per piece. It would be nice to have mods that increase skills as I level so that I don't have to worry about it and can just play and enjoy the story.

I want more *individual* class and companion story.

I want player housing and the ability to decorate said housing the way I'd like.

I want new classes, cause I've played out every aspect of the existing ones.

Some more new romanceable companions.

And more character slots, I'm at my limit for the server I'm on, but playing on another server just isn't the same for me. I like the one I'm on.