Why is Esseles the only well put-together Flashpoint?

We get suckered in with a well-paced, adequately written dungeon dive with lots of unique characters and tons of dialogue that displayed all of that wonderful voice acting and characterization, only to have it followed by a dozen bland corridor-filled loot pinatas.

I first noticed the huge gap when I wanted to farm social points with a friend in a higher level FP, only to find out that there were only about 3 dialogue sessions and 2 of them were with a console opening some door. Each FP was graced by a generic FP "kill or don't kill this group of scientists, doctors, or technicians" choice for light/dark points.

Even the enemies in these FPs are boring, and require less effort and coordination than your average H2-4. The bosses typically have no personality, and I have no idea who 95% of them are.

Edited by Zakaan

Everything after Esseles until you hit 50 may as well not exist. I'd say that was a problem. Even the Jedi prisoner was boring, as 99% of the two-part flashpoint was mindless trash spam, and the rest was a 30 second conversation with and about the guy you were rescuing.

No matter how you look at it, it's pretty disappointing.

Edited by Zakaan

Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought Esseless was what flashpoints were gonna be like, with lots of plot and a chance to earns tons of social points as I progressed through them. I get like 6 social points from the later flashpoints which makes me wonder how I get to other social tiers. Plus they are AWFUL!!!! They are like drawn out versions of regular heroic quests but with less plot.

Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought Esseless was what flashpoints were gonna be like, with lots of plot and a chance to earns tons of social points as I progressed through them. I get like 6 social points from the later flashpoints which makes me wonder how I get to other social tiers. Plus they are AWFUL!!!! They are like drawn out versions of regular heroic quests but with less plot.

The best way to gain social tiers seems to be to spam Esseles runs. I've quested through two entire planets with a partner, ran several flashpoints, and I'm still only rank one. It seems as though the only way to gain the points is through dialogue rolling, which is an extremely minute part of cooperative play.

lvl 50 (and near 50) flashpoints are just awesome.

I'm doing most of them on daily basis and not getting bored. Spacebaring dialogues, yeah, but both fights and voice acting during fights is just cool.

FE could be bit shorter though, too much trash for my taste. Last fight tho - great fun.

lvl 50 (and near 50) flashpoints are just awesome.

I'm doing most of them on daily basis and not getting bored. Spacebaring dialogues, yeah, but both fights and voice acting during fights is just cool.

FE could be bit shorter though, too much trash for my taste. Last fight tho - great fun.

How can you say lvl 50 flashpoints are awesome

I did directive 7 and battle of ilum and it was just trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash and even more trash and a few bland bosses.

How can you say lvl 50 flashpoints are awesome

I did directive 7 and battle of ilum and it was just trash trash trash trash trash trash trash trash and even more trash and a few bland bosses.

The False Emperor also fits that description - a handful of moments of dialogue between bosses with simplistic, outdated mechanics and way too much trash.

Maelstrom Prison (flashpoint) is easily the most significant lore event in this entire game. It did have a lot of trash, but there were several excellent dialogue moments, plus the main plot of the flashpoint was :mindblown: Edited by Parrothead

I think they need to consider this for future content. We need more FPs like the first ones. That is not to say that there needs to be as much dialogue in every dungeon. I would like something in between BT/Esseles and the others for most content, with a few FPs with a lot of dialogue like BT/Esseles.

Honestly, there's only so much voice acting they can put in the game. Be impressed with what all they've done. They've got eight unique class stories, a unique story line for every planet, and unique story lines for flashpoints. Something's gotta give somewhere.

Also, the flashpoints higher up in levels get better. Maelstrom Prison is my personal favorite and is very nicely done with an interesting and unexpected twist.

diologue in heroic instances are just ********. i wish there would be a button to skip the lore or they should just disable it on heroic difficulty. after the first run those storys are anoying.

There is a button, it's called SPACE BAR. Of course, everyone else has to press it too.