your opinion on cantina rp

Gguyrules

i personally find it the most depressing thing one could see,like..seriously.

Like, it just makes me want to put a blaster bolt to my head. When i try to go to a cantina,i try to have a nice conversation where both characters can get to know each other,have some fun (And the players get to appreciate the characters) . In return,i get a boring conversation,get my character mocked as soon as the conversation starts,not even get a response or have the person act like a total a-hole (not to mention that almost everyone i meet ends up acting like they are the center of the universe and that i'm a nobody). I just want to have a nice chat,meet some characters that i could get further involved with in any future rp events i come up with.

Like,people should appreciate each others characters for a change. Every single character (almost) you interact with ends up being a complete selfish jerk to your character.

If i came to this dude and told him i'm a business owner,they would simply ask more about it and we would get to know each other (Though if i did so ingame,they would just mock me,tell me i'm making stuff up and insult me)

Edited by Gguyrules

BaRP is pretty horrible, far as I can tell. Always seems to go

Xxawesumdood casually approaches the bar and orders a whiskey.

Xxawesumdood tosses down the drink in one go, but seems entirely unaffected. With a disappointed grunt he orders another.

"Can't get a decent fight these days, much less a strong drink."

And that pretty much repeats, drinking half the bar's stock and basking in their supposed superiority to everyone else. Maybe it's different in stronghold based cantinas, but at least in public ones on the questing planets this seems to be the case.

BaRP is pretty horrible, far as I can tell. Always seems to go

Xxawesumdood casually approaches the bar and orders a whiskey.

Xxawesumdood tosses down the drink in one go, but seems entirely unaffected. With a disappointed grunt he orders another.

"Can't get a decent fight these days, much less a strong drink."

And that pretty much repeats, drinking half the bar's stock and basking in their supposed superiority to everyone else. Maybe it's different in stronghold based cantinas, but at least in public ones on the questing planets this seems to be the case.

On that progenitor server,the only place i actually enjoyed myself was "Wuster's marketplace cantina" ,a decent guy running a cantina and having a weapons trade background. It was the only place i went to and actually felt like i am in good company. Came in with my interstellar regulator mercenary,talked to the owner,told him about some of my character's previous jobs (Which he liked and responded with interest).

Don't make me even start with the velvet pearl,those guys have nice decorating...but the staff is soooo dull. They are pretty much never want to involve outsiders to rp,they don't know how to make a conversation and they think they overpower pretty much everyone everywhere.

Edited by Gguyrules

From time to time I enjoy taking my one character into cantina RP, an Imperial Guardsman that has suffered so much damage he is mostly droid parts. He doesn't tell his war stories unless asked and spends most of his time listening to the conversation and making comments, slowly getting to know everyone around him. Doesn't flaunt his rank, and is there at the cantina to relax not stir up trouble (which is the usual reason people go to a bar, yet in TOR it seems everyone goes to start something, bleh).

i like telling the stories and tales of my character,though its hard to find a character that actually appreciates listening to a good story and would instead just go to you and mock you (have an attitude of an immature 10 year old)

Like for the love of my chopper,i have better conversations with bartenders at actual bars XD,be nice if folks were more into socializing. Socializing is the point an mmo.

Edited by Gguyrules