Any conquest changes coming?

MacCleoud

Any word on any conquest updates coming along?

Why not propose what you feel needs adjusted or changed so there is a starting point to discuss it... Otherwise open-ended posts with no real request are even less likely to be given attention.

Your request is to broad and needs a focus point...

Edited by Lhancelot

Well, maybe because there are already numerous threads on what could be changed, really no point in starting new. BW, despite repeatedly saying they will listen to the community, has completely ignored the community's suggestions and done jack to improve conquest.

Why not start by being honest and telling them the only repeatable conquest content people are doing together as guilds is the bugged repeatable rampage quests?

If people suffer through these monotonous awful repeatables just to be able to grind conquest content together in guilds it's clear people love to group for repeatables and the devs ought to really consider opening up conquest so this can be a thing.

The activity of choice for conquest driven guilds should add some leverage to how conquest is played and how it ought to be developed, honestly speaking. The devs can make this happen it would not be hard for them to make heroics repeatable and whatever else people enjoy doing together.

Without giving them exact wants and needs in a post though, you will get nothing because there's nothing to consider. They have responded favorably to all of the PTS changes so far, reverting and altering stuff based on what people are given them as feedback, so there's a chance they will consider conquest requests too.

Perhaps after this big patch is added, they can rework and fine tune conquest more, but people need to give them feedback. Again.

Why not propose what you feel needs adjusted or changed so there is a starting point to discuss it... Otherwise open-ended posts with no real request are even less likely to be given attention.

Most of my guildies have lost the interest for conquest because we do not have any chance of winning planets any longer. What is the point of grinding objectives for rewards that you can easily buy from the GTN?

What made conquest interesting was competing for the honour of conquering a planet (or sometimes just the struggle for a spot on the top ten list), but these days the same large guilds take turns on choosing planets to win (except on the smaller servers where there is slightly more variation---check out the statistics I have added to this thread). It seems as if the devs had completely misunderstood what the driving force for conqeust participation was when they changed the system.

Thanks for the new interface and fixing the rewards bug, althoug neither has much value when the interest to participate is killed.

Most of my guildies have lost the interest for conquest because we do not have any chance of winning planets any longer. What is the point of grinding objectives for rewards that you can easily buy from the GTN?

What made conquest interesting was competing for the honour of conquering a planet (or sometimes just the struggle for a spot on the top ten list), but these days the same large guilds take turns on choosing planets to win (except on the smaller servers where there is slightly more variation---check out the statistics I have added to this thread). It seems as if the devs had completely misunderstood what the driving force for conqeust participation was when they changed the system.

Thanks for the new interface and fixing the rewards bug, althoug neither has much value when the interest to participate is killed.

If they made heroics repeatable, would that be enough to give smaller guilds a chance to compete, or what else would need to be changed?

If they made heroics repeatable, would that be enough to give smaller guilds a chance to compete, or what else would need to be changed?

I don't think repeatable heroics would make that much difference. The chance we had in the old system were crafting weeks with more than three planets up for conquest (in particular Total Galactic War), where we could push out millions of conquest points on a planet without too heavy competition.

I have already suggested several ways to fix this problem in the thread I was referring to above, but maybe I should simply repeat them here:

• Return of the crafting week. Some people might not have liked crafting weeks, but I don't see what is wrong that dedicated players gather crafting materials fpr a long time and then generate a huge amount of conquest points in one particular conquest week (which does not need to recur that often).
  • Total war means total war. Pre 5.8 total war meant that all planets in the conquest system (currently 19 planets) were up, which means that a lot of guilds got the chance to win.
  • Conquerors are busy after conquering a planet. Another way of opening up for other guilds to win would be to block the winner of a planet from participating in the competition of other planets until their planet is up for conquest again. These guilds should still get guild rewareds if they reach the guild target during the following weeks, but they should not be included in the top ten list.
  • Fight for honor. Competition is pointless if one team has a huge advantage, whereas fighting against an opponent on your own level can be---dare I use this word?---exciting. The difference between large and small yield is obviously too small to motivate large guilds to compete with other large guilds. Increase the difference, for example by adding more rewards to large yield and drastically reduce the rewards for small yield---or maybe even introduce an honorary yield where the only reward the guild get is the achievement if they win a planet.
  • Small groups of heroes that make a difference. The placing in the top-ten list does not need to depend on the total conquest points for a guild. Another option would be to use the average number of conquest points for the 5 best players in the guild (small yield), 20 best players (medium yield) or 100 best players (large yield). This would allow small groups of heros to fight a much more numerous opposition (in true Star Wars spirit) on low yield planets.
  • Force persuade. A more drastic measure to make guilds of similar size compete is to add a maximum guild size (for example counted as active accounts) for a guild to invade planets with lower yield.

Some of the suggestions above obviously require that the yield of the planets are rotated between conqeust weeks, so that for example Alderaan is not forever a large yield planet.

Here's my list of requested changes:

Critical Missions: (Any Planet): Change from Daily Repeatable to Infinitely repeatable.

Operation: Take Them Down: Remove this. With the variable difficulty of the various operations there is no incentive to do anything other than EV and KP for this since any other operation is too difficult for the casual player for the rewards. Instead break it up into multiple objectives with specific operations the objective. To motivate players to do all bosses in an operation, make the objective per boss and Infinitely Repeatable. This will make longer operations such as Scum and Villainy more appealing. Also increase the points rewarded for the more difficult Operations such as TOS, Ravagers, and Gods of the Machine.

War Supplies: Crystal Capacitors, Holocron of Strategy, Starship Weapons, Armored Vehicles, Infantry Supply Kits:

1. Add the construction of these to list of objectives.
  2. For Non-crafting week, objective should be one per character per day. For crafting week, infinitely repeatable.
  3. Reduce the material requirements to make these. Preferably return to pre 5.8 schematics. If this is unacceptable, then reduce the number of Attachments, Grafts, etc to an equal number of each. Also for Supplies requiring Grade 3,5, 7 components, remove the Grade 8 component requirement; Sim for Grades 2,4,6, remove the Grade 9 component requirement.

• Return planetary bonuses. If a guild is going for Tatooine for example, increase Tatooine Rampage rewards by 25-50%.
  • More Planets! With just three planets the three/four largest guilds are the only guilds capable of competing and winning the planets.
  • Get rid of the Small/Medium/Large Yield planetary rewards and make amount of rewards based on conquest points earned. I.E. this week's planets are Tatooine, Rishi and Section X. Fix such that guilds making between 200,000 and 549,999 get the Small rewards; 550,000 to 1,129,999 get medium level of rewards, 1,130,000 to 4,999,999 get Large level rewards, 5,000,000+ get more rewards (Large Box of Grade 10 Augment Components a given rewards instead of choice, and 2x Flagship Plans)

Edited by Aberd
Making more readable.

I hope they FINALLY fix the 2 still existing very game/fair competition affecting bugs/exploits but apart from this no changes are necessary. It's a big improvment compared to the system before. It's not almost always the same each week, needs more brain cells/planning to optimize, etc. pp. A plus for gameplay in general/real gamers as opposed to those who prefer to do the same ol' stuff brainlessly over and over every week without any need to think for a second at all. Edited by Khaleg

I hope they FINALLY fix the 2 still existing very game/fair competition affecting bugs/exploits but apart from this no changes are necessary. It's a big improvment compared to the system before. It's not almost always the same each week, needs more brain cells/planning to optimize, etc. pp. A plus for gameplay in general/real gamers as opposed to those who prefer to do the same ol' stuff brainlessly over and over every week without any need to think for a second at all.

There are a few one-time objectives that are varying each week. Besides that, it is mostly once per day rampage objectives on different planets. I cannot think of anything more boring and repetitive than killing a lot of trash over and over again.

No changes coming that we know of, but if they fix the outstanding "bugs", it'll result in an even worse situation than we have now.

The once per Legacy crap needs to go. Operations are already restricted by weekly lockouts...making an Operation once per Legacy, for points, is harming participation in them. Same for FPs.

Lhance, I have given some pretty detailed thoughts on the conquest structure and how it could change to better Alt play and still keep things in a place that they are not completely abused in a couple of threads. I was just asking the general question because there has been little to no communication since the last set of "We will watch and see" changes made.

I perhaps should have asked, "Are we still in watch and see mode or are you done making changes to conquest?"

Here is a detailed post I have put up a couple of times.

Issues:

Once per Day per Legacy items.

Lack of repeatable "Critical Missions"

Rewards need more tweaking

Loss of planetary bonus is huge against the numbers.

Now, before getting into any fixes, I will admit that I think it was a little too easy to rack up points some weeks, and with the change to only needed 200/550/1130k for guild rewards, something had to be changed a bit.

Fixes

Once per day per legacy items changed to once per day per Toon, and the numbers dropped a bit. (I know... Heresy!!!)) While i like the idea of being able to cap a toon with the things that were added as once per day per legacy, With some of the other additions I am going to suggest, it would be too easy to get there.

Critical Missions added back in as infinitely repeatable (they are only able to be completed once a week per toon because of the quests)

Change the once a week per legacy to once a week per toon (and again... drop the rewards some....more heresy!!!!) Many of these things already have some sort of quest in game for them so just make the quest itself what triggers the CP's.

So... let me give you an example....which I have done in another thread as well, but just for making sure it is out there.

Infinitely Repeatable items would be broken into solo/group/pvp

solo 150/225/300

Crafting inventor (cause it is a thing now......) 150

Story Mode FP/Planetary Heroics 225 (tied to conquest planets)

Aid War Effort 300 (Change to 10 of any supply not Invasion force. Coupled with Crafting Mentor would give crafter a way to get there)

PVE Group Content All through Activity Finder

200/400/600/800

Uprising Story 200

Uprising Vet 400

FP Vet 400

Uprising MM 600

FP MM 600

SM OP (Last boss) 800

PVP

150/225/30

Play a game. 150

Unranked win 225

ranked win/gsf win 300

Once per day per toon items.

These would be 400/600/800/1000 point categories.

400 pt items would consist of:

Complete Daily Planetary (tied to conquest planets)

KotFE/ET Chapter

Craft War Supply

Planetary Rampage 1

Socialite 1

600 Point items

Socialite 2

Crafting Invasion Force

Planetary Rampage 2

Master Mode FP Bonus Boss (corresponds to Conquest planet)

800 Points

Planetary Rampage 3

1000 points

SM Op full run (This would stack with the L/O infinitely Repeatable once per day)

Once per week per toon (Would need to add a few quests for some of theses

1000 1500 2000 3000

Critical Mission Warzones and Story mode Uprisings1000

Criticial Mission Vet FP's, Vet Uprisings, Ranked WZ and GSF 1500

Critical Mission MM FP's and MM Uprisings 2000

Kill world boss/enemy commanders/enemy guards 2000

Weekly Operation 3000

Get rid of once per legacy per day completely.

Well, they have apparently made one change at least: Total Galactic War is once again Total Galactic War!

Thanks devs, much appreciated!

Yes this looks good, and there's more activities it appears.... I think they should do this many planets every week. Slight migraine today but this is starting to look like the old Conquest. No?

Edited by Zerileth

Lhance, I have given some pretty detailed thoughts on the conquest structure and how it could change to better Alt play and still keep things in a place that they are not completely abused in a couple of threads. I was just asking the general question because there has been little to no communication since the last set of "We will watch and see" changes made.

I perhaps should have asked, "Are we still in watch and see mode or are you done making changes to conquest?"

I just think it's good to keep dialogue going I realize people are very frustrated with the present state of conquest, but by asking detailed questions and offering ways to improve upon the system will go further especially seeing they have been very receptive lately to feedback.

Already in this thread there are some detailed answers and if the thread keeps going I wouldn't be surprised to see more changes incoming to conquest with so many great ideas on how to improve conquest further.

Yes this looks good, and there's more activities it appears.... I think they should do this many planets every week. Slight migraine today but this is starting to look like the old Conquest. No?

No, not even close.

Pre 5.8 1.5k conquest points for EACH heroic and MULTIPLE toons if you invaded the correct planet AND had full SH bonus.

Post 5.8 Once per day points for ONE heroic mission, no planet bonus, gets you between 330 - 800 points depending on SH bonus.

That's just off the top of my head.

I've been able to do decent conquest with multiple toons ONLY because of glitches with the current system that aren't even the same from player to player.

I got to 15k points on 19 different toons last week (split between 2 accounts). If it worked the way they said it was supposed to work, then I think I would have stopped at 2....meaning one per account.

And if THAT is what the dev's goal is, I'll just stop doing conquest.

I got my Galaxy Conqueror title a few weeks ago. That was pretty much my final main goal.

I just unlocked a CM armor set that allows me to make a pretty good approximation of Snake-Eye's (G.I.Joe) outfit, which has been a low level long term goal.

My next goal is to break the Billion Credit mark. I never really cared about that until about 3 weeks ago.

I'm not far off.

Weeks with two rampages are fairly easy to hit Conquest on one toon a day (Without using the reset bug) assuming you have 150% SH Bonus.

do both rampages and 5 GF Flashpoints should be your 15K.

I do agree that it sucks that I can't get all 18 of my toons to PC by spamming heroics, but I think that was a little too easy to get to PC. There was a time when heroics were weekly, then they were daily, then they were weekly again...now they are daily again. No one complained when they were weekly because 1 set of heroics could get you 1/2 way to PC with the right planet, then a couple Daily FP's to get there.

Now, they are trying to make people do more things instead of allowing us to just run heroics/craft. I have thrown out numbers that I think would allow them to keep their idea of preventing 1 person from putting up the numbers of 10, but still allow that 1 person to get more than 5 alts across PC a week.

Weeks with two rampages are fairly easy to hit Conquest on one toon a day (Without using the reset bug) assuming you have 150% SH Bonus.

do both rampages and 5 GF Flashpoints should be your 15K.

I do agree that it sucks that I can't get all 18 of my toons to PC by spamming heroics, but I think that was a little too easy to get to PC. There was a time when heroics were weekly, then they were daily, then they were weekly again...now they are daily again. No one complained when they were weekly because 1 set of heroics could get you 1/2 way to PC with the right planet, then a couple Daily FP's to get there.

Now, they are trying to make people do more things instead of allowing us to just run heroics/craft. I have thrown out numbers that I think would allow them to keep their idea of preventing 1 person from putting up the numbers of 10, but still allow that 1 person to get more than 5 alts across PC a week.

That's fine if you like to play all aspects of the game.

I don't.

FP's are hit or miss if you use GroupFinder. How many threads are there on a regular basis reporting horrific experiences of getting 4 DPS on FPs where you really NEED the "trinity" format unless you do a premade of VERY experienced players?

Making the best of the situation is why we haven't had any comments on conquest these last few weeks. Some of the people that were the most upset left. Others stayed for various reasons.

Honestly, I don't sense that the same "mood" of anger exists about it right now, so I doubt anything else will get done.