Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HELP: want PvP tips for MM sniper

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
HELP: want PvP tips for MM sniper

darthgamer
04.08.2013 , 05:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BambulaGTS View Post
Rly, i mean O RLY?

Bad luck Bryan:

Tried to Cull under diversion

INTERRUPTED
Your assuming a lot of ppl use interrupts and surprisingly they dont
Squadron 11-11-11

Atramar
04.08.2013 , 05:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DesmoLegacy View Post

When I play my other chars, I ignore MM snipers because I know deep down inside that any PvPer playing as MM isn't worth a crap and are probably not a threat.
Now that just hurts my feelings... but then again, being ignored is my favorite position in a warzone, while I hump your healers.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Taerrik
04.08.2013 , 11:53 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Now that just hurts my feelings... but then again, being ignored is my favorite position in a warzone, while I hump your healers.
The problem is most MM snipers are horrible, not that the spec is bad, too many of them use snipe spam

Mostly I play engineer, because it has so much control and denial and is easily the most survivable spec for a game based around node defense. however I frequently respec based on what I am playing, and if I am facing a team that doesnt have a lot of stealth or has a lot of smash monkeys, I default to MM, if theres enough tanks and I dont need the control I use lethality

This 'fotm sniper phase' I dont expect to last more than a week at most, because snipers are max level are
1) hard to play well compared to other classes
2) LoS is huge, most people arent patient enough to hold thier ground when you force someone to los you (this means you now control the area they left btw)
3) 7k smash is fun, double sabre throw is more fun
Pot5
High Council
Tae'vin~ Gunslinger

Nyysjan
04.12.2013 , 12:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Taerrik View Post
This 'fotm sniper phase' I dont expect to last more than a week at most, because snipers are max level are
1) hard to play well compared to other classes
2) LoS is huge, most people arent patient enough to hold thier ground when you force someone to los you (this means you now control the area they left btw)
3) 7k smash is fun, double sabre throw is more fun
4) snipers need a group to support them.
(not 100% true, but solo snipers can be very vulnerable, moving ones even more so)

Mind you, i suck at pvp, so anything i say should be taken with a mountain of salt.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."