Ok, this is too much

Zanathax

Yes, I appreciate the active patching and the fact that BioWare is trying to eep things moving forward with fixing problems with the game. But I am up at night. Patching every frigging night this week is TOO much. I'm really sick and tired of this, BioWare. Patch once a week. Maybe twice a week. No matter what's going on with the game, patching constantly likethis is NOT the answer.

There has to be a better one.

This one STINKS!

EDIT: To be clearer, I am complaining about the servers being down for 8 or 10 hours a night, 3 nights in a row. It shouldn;t be necessary for them to be down for this long. If it is, BioWare needs to bring it some programmers with more experience in implementation, because no other MMO I have ever played has ever done this. Once a week to restart and maintain servers? Sure. 3 days in a row for 8 to 10 hours a night? Never, in the 15 or so MMO's I have been a part of the launch of has a game company done this.

So I'm complaining. I get to do that. I'm a paying customer. With out feedback, BW won't change. I want them to do so. Therefore.....

Edited by Zanathax

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate a daily patch, since it shows they're making some kind of attempt to fix the game, but that's a double-edged sword - a game that cost several hundred million dollars to make shouldn't need a patch a day for three days in a row. Edited by Abruptum

Yes, I appreciate the active patching and the fact that BioWare is trying to eep things moving forward with fixing problems with the game. But I am up at night. Patching every frigging night this week is TOO much. I'm really sick and tired of this, BioWare. Patch once a week. Maybe twice a week. No matter what's going on with the game, patching constantly likethis is NOT the answer.

There has to be a better one.

This one STINKS!

You've heard it guys! Zanathax is up at night.

MOVE THE MAINTNENCE WINDOW TO DAYTIME, GENTS!

Edited by Sykologist

The dudes in Bioware probably dont realise:

What is night for americans is day for europeans, so stop stealing our gametime pls.

Yeah, shouldn't you be at work or school during the day? I know I am here in the US, so I play at night.

Depending on your time zone and work hours the patch can be preventing you from playing at all.

Yes it only affects a minority but 3 patches in a row = 3 days without game for some

Wouldn't have been a problem if they'd alpha and beta tested properly - they didn't even check if emote commands made problems in combat? Now the players have to suffer.

You've heard it guys! Zanathax is up at night.

MOVE THE MAINTNENCE WINDOW TO DAYTIME, GENTS!

Nice. You are the definition of what is wrong with the internet. No game, no matter how new, should need 30 megs worth of patching 3 days in a row. I don;t want the patch time moved to days - that's just silly.

I just don;t want patches 3 nights straight interfering with my only time to play. It stinks. It's not cool. I don;t like it. It needs to stop.

I want to like this game. I'm trying to give it a chance. This is my last week to play before class starts for me again on monday. If you don;t like it, don't read the thread.

It's kind of sad that they have to patch so often, to be fair...

This your first MMO launch isn't it?

Seriously, it's a game. A game that can either be updated on a consistent basis to bring us the best quality product that can be offered, or updates can be pushed aside so that people like you are not inconvenienced ...

I guarantee that you will complain 10 times more if there was a bug preventing you to log in at all. Right?

That's what they're focused on right now ... your time zone has no bearing on the quality of this game. If you don't like it, go play something else.

Nice. You are the definition of what is wrong with the internet. No game, no matter how new, should need 30 megs worth of patching 3 days in a row. I don;t want the patch time moved to days - that's just silly.

Actually, your comment defines what is wrong with the internet. people with little or no knowledge of a topic, or how a system works proclaiming absolutes.

Seriously, it's a game. A game that can either be updated on a consistent basis to bring us the best quality product that can be offered, or updates can be pushed aside so that people like you are not inconvenienced ...

I guarantee that you will complain 10 times more if there was a bug preventing you to log in at all. Right?

That's what they're focused on right now ... your time zone has no bearing on the quality of this game. If you don't like it, go play something else.

Yeah this damn emote bug could totally ruin my game experience. Thanks Bioware for patching the same bug for 3 days straight, i dont care about my vacation running out. But now i can (wow) /fart while mounted.

I just don;t want patches 3 nights straight interfering with my only time to play. It stinks. It's not cool. I don;t like it. It needs to stop.

I want to like this game. I'm trying to give it a chance. This is my last week to play before class starts for me again on monday. If you don;t like it, don't read the thread.

Actually you are the definition what is wrong with the game industry. You can't play when you want to play, therefore they need to stop patching during your time, or only fix bugs once a week. So you need to make a forum post protesting your anger in hopes that, in this sesspool of complaints, BioWare will come to the rescue, post in your thread, saying "You got it!"

And because the world revolves around you, the understanding that other people play at different times then you. Or the patience AND understanding, that game breaking exploits were found, and hotfix'd in record time before it could completely obliterate the in-game economy, goes out the window.

Edited by Sykologist

I appreciate a daily patch, since it shows they're making some kind of attempt to fix the game, but that's a double-edged sword - a game that cost several hundred million dollars to make shouldn't need a patch a day for three days in a row.

This shows your complete ignorance of the process of creating a piece of software. Find me 1 bug free piece of software and i will fly to wherever you are and hand you $100.

Seriously, it's a game. A game that can either be updated on a consistent basis to bring us the best quality product that can be offered, or updates can be pushed aside so that people like you are not inconvenienced ....

You seem to be confused - I wasn't even complaining about the time zones, in fact, I think complaining about time zones is pointless because it'll always interfere with someone's playing somewhere in the world. I don't like what's having to be patched though - seriously, they didn't check what emotes did in combat? They didn't check what emotes did on vehicles? They didn't make sure AA and textures worked? The things they're patching should have been working before release, they're the sort of thing you'd think they'd check first.

This shows your complete ignorance of the process of creating a piece of software. Find me 1 bug free piece of software and i will fly to wherever you are and hand you $100.

As I said above, I never said it should be bug free. WoW still isn't bug-free nearly a decade after release. But TOR has some big bugs that shouldn't be happening if alpha and beta testing had been done properly.

From the brain of a "fan".

Analysis complete. Negative sentence. A well made game should not leave as many bugs open as to cause three downtimes in three days.

Problem: Someone stated a fair point that can not be bashed as easily.

Solution: Kill the persons credibility.

Answer calculated. Execute.

No. It's about my 15th MMO launch. Going to bac to Ultima Online. Most of them didn't do this at launch. They might bring the servers down for an little while(30 minutes t o2 hours) but 8 or 10 hours for a patch? 3 nights in a row? Nope. You claiming that this is necessary or normal for MMO launches shows your ignorance. It does NOT take this long to patch an MMO. This is a policy decision from BW... and it's a poor one.

So I;m complaining. I get to do that - Freedom of Speech and all that. If someone doesn't they won't change.