[Help needed] Lost lead of my guild, customer support is unresponsive

Liep

So, long story short; I ****ed up. My sub ran out as i swapped creditcard, and leader got passed to an inactive member. I tried writing him several times, sending numerous mails and my contactinfo outside of the game. He logs back in now and then, refreshing the 30day timer, but doesent seem to respond to my mails. He has not taken anything from the guild, so I have a splinter of hope he is not malicious, and will pass leader back to me eventually. - Alas, I am completly hamstrung in terms of running my guild. - I wrote an ingame ticket the 7th of February, called customer support numerous times (cant help regarding ingame issues..), supposively there is a huge backlog of tickets, and absolutely no help to get. - I know it was my own fault, and I beat myself for it, but being unable to get assistance with issues, even those of your own making, is simply horrible.

So what are my options? - Ive contacted the player with lead, awaiting him to reply. I have submitted numerous ingametickets, tried customer support by phone. To me, it seems ive done all that i possibly could to resolve my issue myself. Anyone with ideas?

Thank you

Based solely on reports of past responses from customer service they will not take any action in these kinds of situations. You've done all you can to communicate with the other player, so all you can do now is wait to see if he does finally reply or wait it out for him to go inactive for 28 days and hope the leadership passes back to you.

So, long story short; I ****ed up. My sub ran out as i swapped creditcard, and leader got passed to an inactive member. I tried writing him several times, sending numerous mails and my contactinfo outside of the game. He logs back in now and then, refreshing the 30day timer, but doesent seem to respond to my mails. He has not taken anything from the guild, so I have a splinter of hope he is not malicious, and will pass leader back to me eventually.

Are you someone from my guild? I have the exact same story. Mentioned it several times on this board. Won't repeat it again. :p I know how you feel.

So, long story short; I ****ed up.

He has not taken anything from HIS guild

Alas, I am completly hamstrung in terms of running HIS guild

I know it was my own fault

Why would he steal anything from his guild? At this point, move on. Customer support can't/won't help you. Start a new guild. Start over. Big lesson learned.

Or wait, for who knows how long if he'll give it back.

Sorry. :(

Edited by Zerileth

My sub ran out as i swapped credit card, and leader got passed to an inactive member. ...

So what are my options?

The fact that your sub ran out has nothing to do with it - it's whether or not you log in that matters; even if you** have to log in as "preferred" or "F2P".

You can either hope the guy responds and hands the GM back to you, or hope that he/she doesn't log in for a long enough time.

For future reference - if you're the GM, make sure you** log in at least once a month to maintain your GM status.

** "You" meaning specifically the character that is the GM.

Edited by JediQuaker

If leadership has passed to an inactive player, your best chance to get the guild back is to keep logging in until that person goes inactive for 28 days. At that point, he will be automatically removed from leadership and it will pass to an active player.

This doesn't guarantee that you will be the next person promoted, but it will definitely go to someone that has been active within 28 days, so it will at least be someone with whom you should be able to negotiate.

Edited by MorseGod

The fact that your sub ran out has nothing to do with it - it's whether or not you log in that matters; even if you** have to log in as "preferred" or "F2P".

You can either hope the guy responds and hands the GM back to you, or hope that he/she doesn't log in for a long enough time.

Foe future reference - if you're the GM, make sure you** log in at least once a month to maintain your GM status.

** "You" meaning specifically the character that is the GM.

Unless something has changed, and I admit I am not a guild leader so can't speak from experience, but according to the EA help page on guild management only active subscribers can be leaders of a subscriber guild.

If that is still the policy then their subscription status would most definitely be a factor.

Again, this may have changed (I would not be surprised if the help pages are out of date). This comes from the F2P FAQ page.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-free-to-play-faqs/

Free-to-play guilds

What is a Free-to-Play Guild?

When we introduced the Free-to-Play option, we wanted to be careful to preserve the social experience provided by guilds in Star Wars: The Old Republic, regardless of whether a player is a Subscriber, a former Subscriber or a new Free-to-Play player.

To do this, we made Free-to-Play guilds available as an option for non-Subscribers who would like to enjoy a more social environment.

Free-to-Play guilds offer all the social aspects of guild membership familiar to our players, but they do also have a smaller number of features available to them.

Players who would like to create or join a Free-to-Play guild should be aware of the following:

Members of Free-to-Play guilds may not choose when their Guild Tag is displayed.

Guild leaders of Free-to-Play guilds may not personalize Guild Rank Names or alter the default rank permissions for their Guild members.

Guild members (including the guild leader) may not access the guild bank unless they choose to spend Cartel Coins to unlock access.

As a Guild Leader, if I switch to Free-to-Play, what will change?

The most important thing for you to be aware of as a guild leader is that only Subscribers may be guild leaders of Subscriber Guilds in Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you plan to become a Preferred player, you should prepare your guild for the transition by passing your leadership on to a guild member that plans to remain a Subscriber.

If you do not do this prior to your account status changing, the system will automatically pass guild leadership on to the highest ranked active Subscriber in your guild once your account changes to Preferred. You will remain a member of your guild and will have Preferred player access to guild features.

As a guild member, if I move from a Subscriber to the Free-to-Play option, what will change?

If you are not the leader of your guild, then choosing to switch to the Preferred option will not affect the status of your guild. However, you will have limited access to certain guild features. Please be aware that Cartel Coins can be spent to expand Free-to-Play features, including unlocking guild bank access.

If my guild becomes a Free-to-Play guild, what will happen to the items in our guild bank?

The items in your guild bank remain as before, and will be accessible to all guild members who have used Cartel Coins to unlock guild bank access for their character(s), and who have the correct rank to withdraw items according to the permissions set by the guild leader.

How can I tell whether I belong to a Subscriber or Free-to-Play guild?

If you are a member of a Free-to-Play guild, you will see a message informing you of this on your guild window. Press to open your guild window at any time. If you have bound your key to another action, you can press to open the social window, and click on the Guild tab there instead.

If one of our guild members becomes a Subscriber, will our guild become a Subscriber guild?

If the guild leader becomes a Subscriber, then yes, the guild will be automatically become a Subscriber Guild. However, this does not apply if other guild officers or members become a Subscriber.

Unless something has changed, and I admit I am not a guild leader so can't speak from experience, but according to the EA help page on guild management only active subscribers can be leaders of a subscriber guild.

If that is still the policy then their subscription status would most definitely be a factor.

Again, this may have changed (I would not be surprised if the help pages are out of date). This comes from the F2P FAQ page.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-free-to-play-faqs/

Free-to-play guilds

What is a Free-to-Play Guild?

When we introduced the Free-to-Play option, we wanted to be careful to preserve the social experience provided by guilds in Star Wars: The Old Republic, regardless of whether a player is a Subscriber, a former Subscriber or a new Free-to-Play player.

To do this, we made Free-to-Play guilds available as an option for non-Subscribers who would like to enjoy a more social environment.

Free-to-Play guilds offer all the social aspects of guild membership familiar to our players, but they do also have a smaller number of features available to them.

Players who would like to create or join a Free-to-Play guild should be aware of the following:

Members of Free-to-Play guilds may not choose when their Guild Tag is displayed.

Guild leaders of Free-to-Play guilds may not personalize Guild Rank Names or alter the default rank permissions for their Guild members.

Guild members (including the guild leader) may not access the guild bank unless they choose to spend Cartel Coins to unlock access.

As a Guild Leader, if I switch to Free-to-Play, what will change?

The most important thing for you to be aware of as a guild leader is that only Subscribers may be guild leaders of Subscriber Guilds in Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you plan to become a Preferred player, you should prepare your guild for the transition by passing your leadership on to a guild member that plans to remain a Subscriber.

If you do not do this prior to your account status changing, the system will automatically pass guild leadership on to the highest ranked active Subscriber in your guild once your account changes to Preferred. You will remain a member of your guild and will have Preferred player access to guild features.

As a guild member, if I move from a Subscriber to the Free-to-Play option, what will change?

If you are not the leader of your guild, then choosing to switch to the Preferred option will not affect the status of your guild. However, you will have limited access to certain guild features. Please be aware that Cartel Coins can be spent to expand Free-to-Play features, including unlocking guild bank access.

If my guild becomes a Free-to-Play guild, what will happen to the items in our guild bank?

The items in your guild bank remain as before, and will be accessible to all guild members who have used Cartel Coins to unlock guild bank access for their character(s), and who have the correct rank to withdraw items according to the permissions set by the guild leader.

How can I tell whether I belong to a Subscriber or Free-to-Play guild?

If you are a member of a Free-to-Play guild, you will see a message informing you of this on your guild window. Press to open your guild window at any time. If you have bound your key to another action, you can press to open the social window, and click on the Guild tab there instead.

If one of our guild members becomes a Subscriber, will our guild become a Subscriber guild?

If the guild leader becomes a Subscriber, then yes, the guild will be automatically become a Subscriber Guild. However, this does not apply if other guild officers or members become a Subscriber.

Yea, this happened to my guild January 2018. My sub dropped for just very short while (i forgot i had removed credit card details from the account earlier)but it transfered the guild right away to other member who happened to have sub active atm. This was not a problem with us cause our guild is just irl friends and family so my brother-in-law who got the leadership just passed it back to me. But that did left me wondering how easy it would be to lose the guild with some some payment problems.

This post is correct. I was GM for a guild, I dropped my sub, the next day the GM went to the next active player who was subbed. Being active is ONE criteria, being subbed is another.

I notice there is a great deal of misinformation on this forum touted by people who clearly have never been unsubbed but still think they have expert knowledge about this subject.

Edited by Ardrossan

Thank you for all of your replies, I was quite confused about the sub vs pref, and activity. - Its a very harsh lesson to soak up, and all i can hope, is that someone can use this thread before its too late. For me, its been a good amount of years and its time to cut loses. Ive always felt that Bioware did a stellar job on SWTOR, but EA was the major downfall that would eventually end the fun. I understand that some processes has to be automated, and in terms of guildmanagement, that its passed on. Fair enough. Alas, the complete absence of customer support and willingness to help players, doesent give me much reason to keep playing. - Again, thank you for your replies, thank you to the many people who ive played with over the years, and finally a huge thank you to Bioware for creating one of the best storydriven games of all times. May the force be with you all :)