PvP Training Sessions + Development

UlaVii

My guild Stroke my Wookie are running a weekly PvP training session each Sunday at 19:00 GMT/UTC. These video tutorials are aimed towards players of all skill levels including those who have never had the pleasure of slaying a foe in PvP 💀

I am posting this in the General forum because we want to encourage people to try out PvP or improve their existing skills and those that frequent the PvP forum are usually already savy with how things work.

Each Sunday Shinra, Snave and Xyzine will cover a different topic by going into a challenge mode Warzone where they can teach you without the chaos of a real Warzone exploding all over the place! They will be answering questions about the topic throughout and anything else PvP related towards the end during the Q&A.

Questions

Each Sunday you can post questions in Snave's Twitch stream chat or join us on our Teamspeak server to ask in voice chat. We'll give out the connection details on the night. If you have any questions about a previous session then post it below and the team will do their best to answer it.

Weekly Schedule, Twitch & YouTube

Snave will be streaming each session so you can tune in and ask questions via chat and then afterwards he will upload it to YouTube so there will be a collection of PvP training videos for people to learn from.

• Snave's Twitch Channel
  • Week 1: PvP 101 - The Basics - Aired On Sunday 20th January -

• Week 2: Huttball - All Maps - Aired On Sunday 27th January -

• Week 3: Civil War & Yavin - Aired On Sunday 3rd February -

• Week 4: Voidstar - Aired On Sunday 10th February -

• Week 5: Ancient Hypergate - Aired On Sunday 24th February -

• Week 6: Novare Coast - Will Air On Sunday 3rd March At 19:00 GMT/UTC

[*] Week 7: Odessen Proving Grounds - Will Air On Sunday 10th March At 19:00 GMT/UTC

Edited by UlaVii

I thought Snave had quit the internets forever.

Seriously though, these kinds of events are fantastic. I'm legit impressed that some people can still muster the willpower to promote the game and do community building after being mistreated and ignored by BW patch after patch. I'll be checking out the stream for sure.

Hats off to you and best of luck.

Edited by Unperson

I’ve some suggestions for one of your sessions.

What is a defensive cool down and when to use it and when to wait.

What is a crowd control ability, what does it look like and when to use it and also not to break them

When to Spam cap and when to let one person cap while the rest can cc, stun, slow and keep the other team at bay.

What is resolve and when not to apply it.

I’ve some suggestions for one of your sessions.

What is a defensive cool down and when to use it and when to wait.

What is a crowd control ability, what does it look like and when to use it and also not to break them

When to Spam cap and when to let one person cap while the rest can cc, stun, slow and keep the other team at bay.

What is resolve and when not to apply it.

Most of this will be covered on the objective section of each warzone. We've already covered resolve in the first episode but we'll be going into more specific around it on the relevant warzones.

This week the team will be covering Civil War & Yavin. The session will be broadcast on Sunday 3rd February at 19:00 GMT/UTC on Snave's Twitch stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/snave

I'll update the main post with the YouTube video for that shortly afterwards.

You can check the stream time in your own timezone here:

https://everytimezone.com/#2019-2-2,1860,b8jj

If you have any questions about the previous sessions then please post them and the team will try their best to answer them.

Enjoy :w_cool:

I've added the YouTube link to the main post:

Week 3: Civil War & Yavin - Aired On Sunday 3rd February -

Next Sunday (10th Feb) we will be airing the Voidstar episode. Should be shorter than the others but still packed with goodies! See you there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the first post with the video links for the previous session and the updated schedule for the next 3 including this Sunday's Ancient Hypergate session :csw_redsaber:

• Snave's Twitch Channel
    • Everything you need to know to be ready for a Warzone. A lot is covered so even if you think you're a rootin' tootin' player slayer it's still worth checking out in case there are any tips you don't know 😉

[*] Week 2: Huttball - All Maps - Aired On Sunday 27th January -

[*] Week 3: Civil War & Yavin - Aired On Sunday 3rd February -

Week 4: Voidstar - Aired On Sunday 10th February -

[*] Week 5: Ancient Hypergate - Will be broadcast on Sunday 17th February at 19:00 GMT/UTC

[*] Week 6: Novare Coast - Will be broadcast on Sunday 24th February at 19:00 GMT/UTC

[*] Week 7: Odessan Proving Grounds - Will be broadcast on Sunday 3rd Match at 19:00 GMT/UTC

Edited by UlaVii

This week the team will be covering Ancient Hypergates. The session will be broadcast on Sunday 24th February at 19:00 GMT/UTC on Snave's Twitch stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/snave

I'll update the main post with the YouTube video for that shortly afterwards.

You can check the stream time in your own timezone here:

https://everytimezone.com/#2019-2-2,1860,b8jj

If you have any questions about the previous sessions then please post them and the team will try their best to answer them.

Hey all,

for last Sunday's Ancient Hypergate session aka PvP Math Basics 101 :D Make sure to tune in this Sunday for Episode 6: Novare Coast which airs on Sunday 3rd March at 19:00 GMT/UTC (20:00 CET).

Here's all the previous sessions and the link to Snave's Twitch channel where the next episode will be broadcast:

• Snave's Twitch Channel

• Week 2: Huttball - All Maps - Aired On Sunday 27th January -

• Week 3: Civil War & Yavin - Aired On Sunday 3rd February -

• Week 4: Voidstar - Aired On Sunday 10th February -

• Week 5: Ancient Hypergate - Aired On Sunday 24th February -

• Week 6: Novare Coast - Will Air On Sunday 3rd March At 19:00 GMT/UTC

[*] Week 7: Odessen Proving Grounds - Will Air On Sunday 10th March At 19:00 GMT/UTC

Apologies, something last minute came up and we have had to postpone tonight's episode until next Sunday. We'll do a double episode which includes Novare Coast and Odessen Proving Grounds.