Came back, then MIA

Evolixe

Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know what's going on right now and why I came back.. only to be pretty much mia since the expansion hit.

There are a couple of reasons for that, and some of them are something from which I hope Bioware will learn.

To the point.. I haven't logged into the game in the past 2 weeks at all. Period.

My reasons are that since I was put on a 1 >week!< hold when the expansion launched, I lost a lot of interest because of how quickly that meant I (and many others with me, of course) got behind.

Basically at the time I reached level 65, there were already people running warzones with full tier 2 pvp gear.

It's huge, and it's dumb. Why punish long time players just because there weren't subbed 2 months earlier?

It makes no sense and doesn't really sound that great from a marketing perspective.

That isn't everything though. I got a new job, first fulltime. And it takes up some 55-60 (more if I work on saturday too like yesterday) hours a week of my time.

Besides that I do PvE raiding in WoW of which at the end of each raid (Midnight CEST).. I pretty much fall over backwards straight into sleep. Only to have my alarm go off at 5:30am again. So on the days I'm doing that (wed/thu/sun) I basically don't have any free time.

On the remaining hours, I just want to sit back and relax.

I usually watch a series or a movie, play a little GTA with no strings attached. Anything mindless pretty much.

Anyway that's pretty much it. Have a good one.

Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know what's going on right now and why I came back.. only to be pretty much mia since the expansion hit.

There are a couple of reasons for that, and some of them are something from which I hope Bioware will learn.

To the point.. I haven't logged into the game in the past 2 weeks at all. Period.

My reasons are that since I was put on a 1 >week!< hold when the expansion launched, I lost a lot of interest because of how quickly that meant I (and many others with me, of course) got behind.

Basically at the time I reached level 65, there were already people running warzones with full tier 2 pvp gear.

It's huge, and it's dumb. Why punish long time players just because there weren't subbed 2 months earlier?

It makes no sense and doesn't really sound that great from a marketing perspective.

It's not my business to judge the fact that you feel competitive only when you're in full ranked against the people that subed for half year strait to get 7 days of buggy gaming, or that you need to not be "behind" other in terms of gear in a game, but I'll clarify this for you. The people who got full 2nd tier gear when you got into KotFE would have probably had full ranked even if they were starting 7 days later like you did. Most people didn't make comms in the 7 days of buggy early access, but saved a lot from before 4.0 to be able to get a full set when they start playing. So don't kid yourself that the 7 days of early access made any difference, 'cause that's not true.

"Relax, take a breath and enjoy the game progression against tougher opponents while the challenge lasts" would be my advise. But I guess that wouldn't work with the limited time that remains for you to play this (with the other games you play taken into consideration), I can understand that. It's all about the choices you make - real life rpg.

Edited by DarenLoot

You can do midbies to get comms then transfer the comms over to your 65. Gear is cheap now and doesn't require nearly as much time as it used to. Even the MH/OH (which you can easily share on many characters) only costs 2000 wz comms (not ranked, but wz) each.

Also I would recommend you have some fun in midbies right now as 65s are full of alliance farmers who mostly just sit at the node and do nothing for the wz while midbies actually has people who like or are interested in pvp.

It's not my business to judge the fact that you feel competitive only when you're in full ranked against the people that subed for half year strait to get 7 days of buggy gaming, or that you need to not be "behind" other in terms of gear in a game, but I'll clarify this for you. The people who got full 2nd tier gear when you got into KotFE would have probably had full ranked even if they were starting 7 days later like you did. Most people didn't make comms in the 7 days of buggy early access, but saved a lot from before 4.0 to be able to get a full set when they start playing. So don't kid yourself that the 7 days of early access made any difference, 'cause that's not true.

"Relax, take a breath and enjoy the game progression against tougher opponents while the challenge lasts" would be my advise. But I guess that wouldn't work with the limited time that remains for you to play this (with the other games you play taken into consideration), I can understand that. It's all about the choices you make - real life rpg.

It really doesn't matter if that was the case or not. It's the mental effect which has clearly been demonstrated in practise on myself. Playing with no gear at all isn't any fun, I suggest you to try it to feel how that is.

Then come back and tell me you wouldn't feel demoralized if that was the only option you had to play.

The point is that I can guarantee you I would feel more attracted to the game right now if there wasn't a 7 day setback earlier. And that is hardly something you can argue.

Edited by Evolixe

I honestly don't think anyone cares whether you play this game or not. It's not any different without you. I've seen you in some matches before, and frankly you're not a nice player. Stay out of the game and forever complain on the forums. I don't give a ****. It's better not having bads wanting **** handed to them anyways.

It really doesn't matter if that was the case or not. It's the mental effect which has clearly been demonstrated in practise on myself. Playing with no gear at all isn't any fun, I suggest you to try it to feel how that is.

Then come back and tell me you wouldn't feel demoralized if that was the only option you had to play.

The point is that I can guarantee you I would feel more attracted to the game right now if there wasn't a 7 day setback earlier. And that is hardly something you can argue.

I played and got pretty good results on my sage at 65 with mostly first tier 60 pvp gear. It's true that it was augmented from before (with lvl 60 augments), and that might make a difference, but even so, no one stops you to use your lvl 60 gear. And it's not like I had the best gear since forever. We all started at some point behind others, but even so there are still a tone of people who don't even know to play let alone have the necessary gear.

In regs most of the time you'll get at least a couple of pve-ers who not only have no gear also have no idea how to play. And as for the majority of the average people or puggers, you just need to be better then them, that is all. You need to spec the way you feel best and it gives you the most advantage for your play style, use the bolster and get your gear, or if you want to do that - as someone else mentioned - get your comms in lowbies or midbies with some other char and send them to you. Trust me all over the RotHC I played midbies since I was f2p. Even then I was able to 1v1 lots of 55s in duels, with my pve gear on (the 50 pvp gear was removed). When I finally got to 55 I started from scrap myself, wasn't that bad, actually I would have liked it to last a bit longer. I've played a bit at 55, then in 1 month or so the cap switched to 60 and had to start anew again.

I wasn't part of early access at 4.0 either. And trust me, I won't have any problem getting new characters into pvp and when I'll get the time and feel like it I'll just go for it. So as I said, use your 60 pvp gear until you get what you need, and trust me it's a fairly solid deal.

Edited by DarenLoot

I still don't think you understand. There isn't any problem dealing with this, it's just less fun to the point where it makes one play the game less. That is the entire point im trying to make, which you still don't seem to get. Edited by Evolixe

I still don't think you understand. There isn't any problem dealing with this, it's just less fun to the point where it makes one play the game less. That is the entire point im trying to make, which you still don't seem to get.

Yeap, I sort of don't understand, or I don't feel the same about it. but I guess I could view it your way if I'd override swtor with wow. Haven't played it in a long time, and when I did I was only mmo beginner. Still I went up to the point of doing pair arenas after a while. Well, not being there in a long time I realize I've forgot a lot of the vast amount of tricks of the trade you could use in that game, suffice to say since cata I have no idea what did change. Anyways I know that the pvp there is for veterans an i would need lots of time to get going again there.

What I'm saying is there are lots of things I forgot and also probably lots that I'm not and was never aware of in that game. The people who know that stuff will always have an advantage and it would probably be not fun to get myself going...

Edited by DarenLoot

Can't take stuff like this seriously, I mean what about new players then? Going in with absolutely nothing and still managing to end up on top of the food chain.

Well, what can I say. Some only like the fruits of victory, others like the battle itself.