Spaceship Upgrades- Lvl50

I was curious to check the opinions of people who fly their space missions often. What do you think of the new Concussion missiles compared to the Kuat Drive launchers?

Is the 500 damage of the Concussion worth the sacrifice of 50 missiles? I haven't checked them side by side yet, but it seems that on some missions it's MORE beneficial to have a higher payload that deals less damage.

What do you think?

I don't have them yet, but given how tough the satellite on New Cov Ice Field is, it seems almost like you are meant to have the new missiles in order to be able to destroy it. So yes, I would say there are definitely times where they are preferable to the old magazine.

That being said though, certain missions, particularly ones where you have to destroy frigates, seem to call more for sheer numbers of missiles than damage, since you need to do a moderate amount of damage to a large number of targets, rather than dealing a large amount of damage to few targets.

Edited by Taleek

I've made the switch to the concussion launcher and haven't run out of missiles yet. They do pack more of a punch (seemed noticeable to me) and I'm pretty liberal with my use of them. I'm missing one bonus completion (forget which one...) but as I say, I've not run dry on them yet.

Feels worth it to me.

The only mission I run out of CMissiles on is the station defense where you have to down 30 bombers. Those guys are very hard targets and you've got a ton of frigate points to hit as well.

Disagree on amount of damage being overkill though...a new missile will NOT take out a turret on a new frigate by itself. You can blow out the forward batteries with guns alone depending on your approach angle but you do a lot of turning fly-bys where this is not as possible. Old missiles take FOREVER to break down the shield generators, which are the only target where you absolutely must have them. Basically you need pass 1 on a frigate to clear out all the turrets around the generators so that you can target them more easily with full volleys on pass 2...or you need to eat a ton of damage flying straight through their forward fire to down them all with guns. Either way, new missiles rule for new frigates.

(Old frigates are a joke of course)