The Game Has Improved SIGNIFIGANTLY

WaveRun

So now we get to the root of the issue, eh? It doesn't matter what they do, because FotM has always, and will always be a thing where one can build their own classes. There will always be those players that take the system they are given and milk every possible advantage out of it. It's interesting to note, however, that the gearing system has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's not like there weren't nerfs to classes before 4.0 in an attempt to combat just that, right? "(Insert class here) is OP and needs to be nerfed" has been a rallying cry in games with classes and PvP since it was introduced as a whole, let alone in swtor.

Wrong. There is no current FOTM, so your premise is flawed.

In regs, Snipers, Mara's, Sorcs and Mercs are all considered very strong. Juggs and Ops can be pretty good too, but generally behind the others, except for jugg tank which is probably the preferred pvp tank. Sins and PT's are behind the other classes but a good player can be very effective with the right team comp.

The state of balance in pvp right now is probably the best its ever been...but it took 2 years to get here (and I'm not saying its perfect or can't be improved). So the root of the issue is that they are adding an extra layer of complexity that I don't think they can handle.

Edited by FourPawnBenoni

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. There is no current FOTM, so your premise is flawed.

In regs, Snipers, Mara's, Sorcs and Mercs are all considered very strong. Juggs and Ops can be pretty good too, but generally behind the others, except for jugg tank which is probably the preferred pvp tank. Sins and PT's are behind the other classes but a good player can be very effective with the right team comp.

The state of balance in pvp right now is probably the best its ever been...but it took 2 years to get here (and I'm not saying its perfect or can't be improved). So the root of the issue is that they are adding an extra layer of complexity that I don't think they can handle.

So your post that I quoted for this reply should be ignored as misinformation, since you close it out complaining about FotM. Pick a side of the fence and come down on it, you can't have it both ways.

Improved is a relative term. Better then it was pre-5.0? No, not even close to as good yet. Better then the start of 5.0....ok sure. The story writing is still at best fair and often bad. The crates are still around and that is a negative to me. Honestly its in my view in a holding pattern, 6.0 is the key. If it re-ignites my enjoyment great if not I don’t know that I will wait for another “fix”. I have had enough “fixing” since 5.0. But I am hopeful so in a way thats better. Its been a long time since I had hope that game would find its way back.

In 6.0 Galactic Renown won't be the primary means to acquire gear. It won't even be a secondary means to acquire gear. GR will be completely and totally ancillary. You can ignore it entirely if you like and still acquire BIS gear because direct drops and purchases with the new currency (Chuck Bucks, Charles Coins, or whatever they're going to be called) will be the primary means to acquire gear. Further, if the values for a GR level stay the same as what they were the last time I was on PTS (haven't been on since the recent update) then grinding out GR levels for gear boxes will be completely inefficient (it was something like 60k per level). At this point, with what we've been told about gearing in 6.0 and with what's on the PTS, the continued rants about Galactic Command sound fairly irrational. Everyone who hated GC, and hated that GC was the way to get gear, got their wish. Galactic Renown will not matter in 6.0.

This is very sad. It will completely ruin the game for me. With Galactic Command i could play the game the way i wanted, including such modes as GSF that doesn't drop anything at all, and still recieve adequate gear.

Without Galactic Command in it's current state and form the game will become endless boring-to-death grindfest. It will pretty much kill the game for many current subscribers.

Hmmm

I do have a couple of points / questions..

1. Most players who disliked GC and the grind fest that was there usually were looking for something in a more positive direction. Something more efficient. Granted: I have not been on the PTS .. sooooo I'm kind of at the mercy of what is being posted.

2. Just exactly how is the new system that bad ? I'm not upset or going thermal on anyone … but I am understandably curious.

I agree that whatever is new in 6.0 should be more efficient and helps players to get more of what they are looking for in game.