Question about Modable gear/weapons

Daedricshots

I plan on finding a good modable piece of gear for my latest alt but i have a question regarding modable weapons.

On modable weapons there is a damage stat say..60-100 for damage. Now if i find another modable weapon with higher damage than that one should i even trade up? I was told to just keep my current modded weapon but put the best mods in it i can find and it will outweight even a higher damage modable weapon.

Is this true? Any advice is appreciated.

Orange Items have no base stats, the damage range is completely decided by the damage rating of the Barrel mod you put in your weapon. Upgrade the barrel for more stats and more damage, and the other mods for more stats only.

Hope that helps.

Orange Items have no base stats, the damage range is completely decided by the damage rating of the Barrel mod you put in your weapon. Upgrade the barrel for more stats and more damage, and the other mods for more stats only.

Hope that helps.

Ok that makes sense. So orange items without any mods are blank but when the mods are added its what determines the damages. Most of the modded gear ive found (or bought with pvp) already had the mods in it and i just recently got a pattern for synthweaving that had a modable peice of gear with zero stats. Making more sense now, thanks!

So orange items without any mods are blank but when the mods are added its what determines the damages.

Yes that's correct, for guns the barrel mod will determine the damage and level of the item. For melee weapons its the hilt mod, and for armouring its the armouring mod.

You can pull the mods out of a piece of gear, just be prepared to spend a pile of credits doing it.

Also, just like your crew skills are shared across all your characters, your bound equipment is too. You can unequip a weapon or armor from your main and give it to a companion.

Greetings-

Armor ratings from moddable armorings being put into customizable gear will be affected by the type of armor that you are inserting it into (light, medium, or heavy). As an example, a light armor chestpiece with commando armoring 15 will have less armor than a heavy armor chestpiece with commando armoring 15. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Androvis