Companions can't use Reputation Gear? Or bug?

Noremacv

So, I have a bit of an issue, one I'd like clarity on asap.

I tried buying some of the Section Guardian reputation gear from the vendor in Section X. I have the necessary reputation to buy it and wear it myself if I so wish, but I am unable to equip it on companions. It's adaptive, so that shouldn't be an issue. When I try to equip the item on someone like Ashara, for example (and also tried it on Vette just moments ago, sparking this thread), I get a message pop-up saying "You do not have the required reputation rank to use that item." Clearly I do, or I couldn't have purchased it to begin with.

Is this an intentional design choice, or is this a bug? Rather hoping this is a bug and not a design choice, as I have used the Gear Preview on this set of gear for some companions, and I think they look rather amazing in it in some cases. I will be rather disappointed if I cannot equip this gear on companions.

Anybody know if other reputation gear, such as that from the Gree event, can be equipped by companions? I'd like to know if this is an issue isolated to the Section Guardian set, or across all reputation gear.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post! :jawa_biggrin:

It's been reported as a bug. Since they are redoing the event with tomorrows patch I wouldn't be surprised if the fix for this is included.

Bug.

The fix was said to be in 1.7.2 so it should be fixed tomorrow.

Ah, cool. Must've missed that memo. Looked up on the forums for any posts about the same bug; saw nothing.

Thanks for the clarification! :)