Good ol fashion f**king Blood Hunt man...

probably a "no one can kill jos and valk" which is true people don't seem to be able to kill them on tactical

it also could be the fact that no one can do the HM.

Yeah, this.

Not much to say, I tried to do it in HM and it was a disaster, and last night I did a select all for tactical (for conquest points) and got BH and we wiped repeatedly on the jos and valk part fight - I got stuck on Kolto duty and was getting supppper unlocky, running to kolto for my team and getting knocked off the arena made me wanna chuck my keyboard at my monitor. Grrf!

Just make the knockback range alot shorter in tactical and move the koltostations ½ way into the arena so you cant get knocked out of the arena when you're at a koltostation. That alone would make the fight alot easier and less agravating. Even just moving the koltostations close to the center might be enough, but personly i think a reduction of the knockback in tactical is fine too.

probably a "no one can kill jos and valk" which is true people don't seem to be able to kill them on tactical

I've seen groups wiping there a lot of times when it was still bugged ... I hardly ever did this at all, only a few times ... I never did its HM version so far.

Hmm,

easier way to do it is to have the person who gets knocked out towards the edge hit the nearest kolto before coming back in ... then no-one should get knocked off because they're on "kolto duty" ... and all can stay in the middle and avoid getting knocked out.

even if no-one needs serious healing at the time it keeps everyone topped off

• 2 weeks later...

Ironically, Blood Hunt HM is actually a lot more doable than the tactical version atm, I think they mixed up the Jos and Valk fight, the HM version has reduced knockbacks, and less damage. The only real problem is finding competent level 58+ dps for the first boss, and a competent 58+ healer for torch. Jos and Valk is a cakewalk on HM, even with horrible framerate drops due to BH being practically designed as a performance benchmark (The place looks awful without shadows, but even minimum shadows makes the game stutter for me from the fire effects and stuff :(. It also suspiciously didn't do that before the "performance improvements" in 4.0 ).

Honestly, you should be a LOT more concerned about Lost Island, Savrak is brutally unforgiving. Kyramla was broken for about 8 months after 4.0 dropped due to changes in the add spawn rate unintentionally bleeding over from tactical, making it equivalent to a NiM op dps check. If it had not been fixed, I would agree with you, but Blood Hunt is finally no longer King of the Hill in HM fp difficulty (which it had been since its incarnation).

Edited by KEVHOUSTTWO

Hmm,

easier way to do it is to have the person who gets knocked out towards the edge hit the nearest kolto before coming back in ... then no-one should get knocked off because they're on "kolto duty" ... and all can stay in the middle and avoid getting knocked out.

even if no-one needs serious healing at the time it keeps everyone topped off

The problem is, that without a full-time healer or a true tank you may melt faster than the "kolto duty" person could do his thing. It's a good tactics, but in any case BH tactical in its current state is a pain even for a high level group. And, as you know, you may as well be put into a group with 3x L25.

Best way to kill any desire to do any group content in a new players.

Funny thing is, i have no problem doing BH HM, but i try to avoid tactical like black plague. Even LI is easier in my opinion.

seriously, Jos and Vaulk are just way too hard for it being tactical. I have yet to get a group who can clear them. some groups have been bad, but a couple were pretty good 50+ with standard tank, heals, 2 dps make up and we still can't get thru. Vaulk's KB is way OP for a tactical, and Jos' stacking debuff can end it in the third phase when he lays into someone, then drops his fire, AND Vaulk pops the red circles at the same time. if this was HM I might understand, but as it is now tactical mode is just not do-able unless you're with accomplished players in raid gear... maybe not even then. :rod_frown_p:

side note, I do kinda like the change that you can't just rez and run back for any fights anymore. means you have to co-ordinate a little to succeed.

The problem is, that without a full-time healer or a true tank you may melt faster than the "kolto duty" person could do his thing. It's a good tactics, but in any case BH tactical in its current state is a pain even for a high level group. And, as you know, you may as well be put into a group with 3x L25.

Best way to kill any desire to do any group content in a new players.

Funny thing is, i have no problem doing BH HM, but i try to avoid tactical like black plague. Even LI is easier in my opinion.

Im affraid you are correct on this.

Ill give another example: Battle for Illum - sniper (gunslinger) boss. Unfortunatly i don't remember his name.

This guy is literally MELT people. And im a a tank in a full-set OP gear. He can kill me in a few SECONDS.

Damn, even Malgus "absolute power" doesn't inflict so much damage.

Im affraid to think what's happening with DPS, who was "lucky" enough to tank him...

What im saying is Bioware is seriously messed up with difficulties on FP.

But they not gonna even bother to try fix things up. They are lazy.

It won't get "fixed" til 5.0. It is pretty much impossible to get past Jos and Vaulk without a healer. And the fact that Vaulk will randomly target someone with her OP knockback is beyond annoying. Have someone about to die from Jos so you run to the kolto station and then Vaulk punts you off. It's so stupidly overtuned.

With DvL event.. .why, just... why?

Run it in solo its cake walk in solo. I won't do it in tactical as its not something you can complete without the triad in place and a competent healer/tank.

HM is fine as long as again you are in right group composition.

Run it in solo its cake walk in solo. I won't do it in tactical as its not something you can complete without the triad in place and a competent healer/tank.

HM is fine as long as again you are in right group composition.

It is indeed a cake walk as long as that fight doesn't bug out and reset. I've had it bug a few times throughout my alts--the absolute worst was three straight resets in the same instance. And then a guildie last night had it reset four times on him.

For as long as this bug has been around, it boggles the mind that it has not yet been fixed. I shouldn't have to deactivate both the GSI droid and my comp to ensure no resets...I'm sure that's not an active mechanic, unless...:rak_02:

I was able to beat the fight as a tankspec assassin with three dps, but I'd say they were above average, and at least one of them was a sorcerer, so they could use the phase walk to recover from a knockback.

I will agree that the knockback is BS. If both of them target you for this at the same time, even players in the centre will go over the edge.