Soloing the Exarch in unbuffed, heroic mode. One for all Achievement.

I’ve read a lot of posts about people that have done this and say that it was “easy”. This is my experience.

Star Fortress (H2): Voss

Player class/role: BH, Healer

Gear: All 216 mods and enhancements, 192 bonus armorings, 220 implants and offhand

Companion: K’Krohl, Influence rank 44

First 3 fights

Companion in Healing mode while I was spam healing it. The Exarch kils it in about 10 to 15 seconds. And no, it wasn’t an uninterrupted impaling strike. What killed my companion is a couple of normal hits.

Next 3 fights

Companion in Tank mode while I was (again) spam healing. The Exarch kils it in about 20 to 30 seconds. Once again, it wasn’t an uninterrupted impaling strike what killed my companion. The very weird thing is that my level 44 companion in tank mode was unable to stand more than 3 or 4 hits before dying. Once the companion died, I wanted to check if the Exarch would insta-killl me, considering that I was a poor healer in 192 armorings. But, surprisingly, even if I didn’t heal myself (not even once for test purposes) the exarch took way longer to kill me than he did to kill my rank 44 tank companion while I was spam healing it !!!!!!!

Next 3 fights

Companion in Dps mode while I was (again) spam healing. I Start the fight kiting around and healing myself and the companion to build aggro. When I release he companion, it started to hit the Exarch while I try to keep us alive and almost 10 seconds later the Exarch changes its target to hit the companion and kill it in 5 seconds.

Next fight

Companion in healing mode and me in Dps mode. Impossible to keep aggro on me longer than 5 seconds. My companion dies again in less than 10 seconds.

Next fight

I change my rank 44 companion for another one of rank 10 and do the same test. The final result was the same, but surprinsingly the rank 10 companion stood alive longer than the rank 44 one, and was even able (while in heal mode) to keep me at full health way longer too.

So, what the hell is happening here?

Why is this fight easy for some players, and impossible to other players?

Any help?

Been there, done that. I can totally relate.

I tried the Voss SF as a Scoundrel Healer at first. It didn't matter what role my companion had. First the companion (Influence level 40+) got wasted by the Exarch faster in less than 30 seconds, then I followed quickly.

I think soloing this as a Healer is near impossible.

I then tried it with my Shadow Tank alt and a Healer companion (Influence level 30+). The whole run seemed like a walk in the park. No critical moment whatsoever. Even the last fight with the Exarch was no problem at all. It just took a while longer than expected, because he was healing himself more often than I could interrupt him. But my health never dropped below 70%, and I think my companion never pulled aggro from me, so he never dropped below 80% (he took some AoE damage, but nothing he couldn't heal).

TL;DR: Try it with a Tank char. It may work as a DPS, but you need to be able to keep aggro off of your companion. If the Exarch targets the companion, you're likely going to lose the fight.

Did it once as a tank thinking soloing heroic as a stealther would be easier. Last part before Exarch on a tank takes forever no matter what.

Never tried this as a healer because a) Would need to micro-manage companion to move him out of AOEs and so on and b) Again, it would take forever.

Problem is, if you take a big nasty hit as a tank or a dps, you instinctively start kiting at least a bit. It saves you.

Micro-managing companion that much would be insanely hard.

Most of those who said it's 'easy' never did it on a healer, i guess. Well, at least I didn't.

I have no idea of how to lose aggro to your companion while dpsing - I managed to do so only once trying to kite the boss into fire for good half a minute, it's either that or AOE that killed my comp but i had to kill Exarch from his 20% hp as a mara without a healer. Wasn't hard, either - thing is if you kite him enough, he doesn't manage to land a single hit.

After a while he'll start his cast which is unique for given SF, I believe I soloed SF where this cast heals Exarch, you come closer, land few hits and interrupt. Repeat.

I might try doing this Exarch fight without a healer completely just to see how much does kiting actually allow to achieve, but so far this was one too many attempts for <One for All> for me until I finally got it.

Ah, and one final note - if you do it as a healer, you WILL have to put companion on passive and land a final hit or you won't get the achievement. I had to do that solo heroic 5 times until I finally realized what's wrong (on 4th time i got Playing with Fire instead). One more reason NOT to roll healer for soloing heroic (besides probably at least extra half an hour wasted on the run etc).

1) Don't try it with the Voss Exarch. While the Exarchs are very similar to each other, they also each have one unique ability - and the Voss one (the selfheal) is probably the most powerful one.

2) Don't go with "level 44 influence" companion. This may sounds counter-intuitive, but you need to have the aggro on yourself whenever possible, and high-influence companion is more likely to rip it off you. My recommendation would be around level 15 influence.

3) Go DPS with healing companion. Use the best opener you have for initial burst, and use all DCDs at the start, including Unity (if you have it). Then at Exarch's health around 60% or so, activate Heroic moment

Using this strategy as Concealment Operative, I got it on the first try. Admittedly, roll helped a lot.

Edited by Danylia

The above posters suggested tactics, I'll just explain why this is happening.

After 4.0, companions have 0 damage reduction and 0 armor rating.

You read right, no armor or DR. Ever since physical gear was taken away, these values can no-longer be filled and the companion bolster does not calculate them in for whatever reason, intentional or otherwise.

This basically makes your comp the equivalent of a PVE hero in ranked - big HP, "BIG" numbers, epic fail at defence.

My M1-4X was at ~30 and I did quite fine with Kinetic Combat...in PVP gear.

That must be. Then the key to succeed will be playing a Dps toon with a rank 10 or so healing companion.

1) Don't try it with the Voss Exarch. While the Exarchs are very similar to each other, they also each have one unique ability - and the Voss one (the selfheal) is probably the most powerful one.

2) Don't go with "level 44 influence" companion. This may sounds counter-intuitive, but you need to have the aggro on yourself whenever possible, and high-influence companion is more likely to rip it off you. My recommendation would be around level 15 influence.

3) Go DPS with healing companion. Use the best opener you have for initial burst, and use all DCDs at the start, including Unity (if you have it). Then at Exarch's health around 60% or so, activate Heroic moment

Yes there are two most important rules:

1) Don't try Voss exarch.

2) All aggro must be yours.

Voss exarch is the hardest because of his self healing. I did my achievement on Alderaanian one.

And one more thing: you must be the one who delivers the final blow or the achievement won't register.

This is the hardest part actually. When Exarch is about 5% of health you should put your companion on passive mode and make sure Exarch don't get any damage other than yours (mind those red squares with sun damage, if Exarch get killed there you may not get "one for all" ).

I killed it using a concealment operative in 192 gear and a companion with influence 30.

I think it worked because the aggro was shared between my character and the companion. Whenever the character had the aggro, it couldn't backstab anymore and had to move from the AOE, therefore lost DPS and eventually the aggro. The companions took the aggro while healing me, this allowed me to burst damage and to take the aggro back. My companion could then recover its lost health, etc.

Edited by Nkya

What's wrong with your experience on Voss guys? That one was EXACTLY the easiest to beat with dead companion (I think I got my Playing with Fire there and companion accidentally died around 20% boss hp), I had no selfheals but could kite him endlessly taking around zero damage and still outdpsing his healing when I didn't have an interrupt for this.

And no, not that I had to think about Heroic Moment even once, as long as comp is healing you and you don't pull him to the fire by any means it should be ok.

192 Conceal must've been a pain tho, timing backstabs with times when boss is staying still is no easy feat.

Did the Achievment with My VG Plasmatech & 28/50 inf Lana as heals at first attempt, had no issues with aggro but that may be due to the 1 taunt I have,am wearing a mix of 208/216 gear didn't need to use unity just the heroic moment and the Exarch didn't spawn any ghosts.

:)

Edited by Avorniel

As was said companion tanks at level 65 are, I assume, bugged. Pre-65 (1-64) they get damage reduction in tank mode that is actually pretty reasonable (still nowhere as good as a player tank, but not terrible). You can confirm this by taking a companion on a pre-65 heroic as a tank and checking their stats, then go back to Odessen and check again. At level 65 it is zilcho.

It really sucks for my healer because even if I wanted to DPS I still need a tank to position the mobs away from me so I can backstab them (operative healer). Regardless the companion goes down way too fast at 65 to be even remotely useful for soloing.

You read right, no armor or DR. Ever since physical gear was taken away, these values can no-longer be filled and the companion bolster does not calculate them in for whatever reason, intentional or otherwise.

This basically makes your comp the equivalent of a PVE hero in ranked - big HP, "BIG" numbers, epic fail at defence.

My M1-4X was at ~30 and I did quite fine with Kinetic Combat...in PVP gear.

The reason is obvious :p

Bolstering zero is still zero. Hopefully they'll fix it relatively soon.

Voss exarch is the hardest because of his self healing. I did my achievement on Alderaanian one.

And one more thing: you must be the one who delivers the final blow or the achievement won't register.

This is the hardest part actually. When Exarch is about 5% of health you should put your companion on passive mode and make sure Exarch don't get any damage other than yours (mind those red squares with sun damage, if Exarch get killed there you may not get "one for all" ).

Oh dear, I did it wrong. No wonder it was so hard. My first "destroy" quest was indeed Voss H2+, complete with the self-healing Exarch, solo.

I was on a 65 Gunnery Commando. Gear is a mix of 208/216 with belt and wrists on 220, with maybe 4-5 208 augments. My companion is Lana at influence rank 22, set to heal. My weapon is the Armstech-crafted 216 HBG that has no colour crystal slot.

I can confirm that you absolutely must, must, must keep aggro on yourself, or more specifically off of your companion (but hey, there's nowhere else it's going to be but on you if it isn't on your companion).

And of course I died a few times because I was also learning the mechanics of the FP at the same time (like where the grappling hook points are, and to make sure if you finish the hook-aided jump pointing back the way you came, you turn around before moving, because you get like no time at all to realise you're about to go over the edge, but also how to get the consoles to be clickable). Overall, it wasn't so much trial and error as it was error and error.

Amusingly, as soon as I got back to Odessen, someone was shouting in General for a group to do the H2 for Belsavis or ... Voss. I declined, citing that I needed to calm down after soloing Voss/H2 - the final battle is a bit intense. He congratulated me for having the courage to do it, and for pulling it off.

• 7 months later...

- I'd also avoid the one that spawns the aparitions, cause killing them eats too much time and running all over increases your risk at getting kicked to a broken window.

- using a tank makes it pretty easy, if slow and boring, but I found out the hard way not to use a melee companion for heals:

I had already leveled Jaeesa to 50 influence, only to find that her trying to melee the Exarch whilst healing would get her killed in less than a minute.

- getting Vette to 50 influence and having her heal instead worked out perfectly - she stays somewhere in the distance and if she ever gets hit, its a one-off, she can survive.

- if you tank in 220 gear, your health never drops much at all, to the point where you can just stand with your back to the Exarch's door and soak up whatever you can't interrupt.

- After figuring out the details as a tank, I was able to do it on my Assassin in 216 gear also.

- If you're awesome and have no lag, you could probably do it on 192 or 208 gear, but the game makes it so easy to get a 216 set, even with zero raiding, I'd have to wonder what you're doing with your time in SWTOR...

Now if only the Bracer drop hadn't been (inadvertently) disabled by Bioware's 4.0 patch - as stated in 2 bug reports...

Edited by pandelume

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i need rly help on trying the "one for all" achievement.

So a short overview over me...

Roll: Sorc Healer

EQ: Full 220 Gear with one 224 (Heal Raid Set) on crit augmentivs

Companion: Lana or Xalek (both lvl 50)

Planet: Voss

So my problem is i dont know how i can defeat the exarch.

Try 1 Xalek on Tank Roll and i as always on Heal

Yes is Hard to heal but i can say i can heal the hole damage. I think its not to hard to heal rather then to get force back with drain without let Xalek die at this moment but i've figured out how and when i have to do. So in fact i can heal the hole fight... No Companion on Tank or DPS Role cant defeat the exarch. Its just he heals himself so mutch is not possible for a Companion to kill him alone. In Fact ot this i tryd the hard morde as healer (keep in eye its already HM to keep the Compaion alive) to use the little window between healing and drain force to interupt the exarchs heals or/and put an instand dot on him.

After more then 40 minutes doing the same fight i dont got him under 70% it was still impossible.

Try 2 Xalek on Heal Roll and i as always on Heal

So in fact to see that it was impossible for a lvl 50 Companion to kill it solo i had to try someone else. I choose a heal - heal combo becaus i always play heal and wont play another roll also i dont have any dps gear or tryd a dps role (so i dont know how to play a sorc as dps). I thought about his selfhealing that i cant interupt all the time as healer with a dps or tank companion because you dont have the time to do it always. So i started my atacks as always using both dots (crushing darkness and affliction) then lightning strike and shock in recklessness combo then force lightning. Thats all if got as good damage i think for a rota. It works good untile 80% and he starts again his self healing but this time i have the full time to interupt him every time... i thought... well 1st if you interupt his selfheals he cast it again after may be 5 sec. so your interoupt hase 18 sec cooldown... how you can stop healing him self?

Ok ok i dont gave up and trrd everything from damage to electrocut (stun) to overload (push) nothing nothing helped to interupt him... ok i have to try outdamage his heal in... remember heal - heal combo! Yes its a rly funny thing... not its not rly trust me.

But the jokes are not over then now here come the 2. point on his selfheals... your interupts dident works everytime! Sometimes it wont interupt him and so... he's healing himself again.

Ok i dont gave it up anyway and tryd my last joker i have... my "heroic moment"! (and trust me as healer this fight is rly a heroic fight/moment for you)

If dps him down to near 70% live untile he starts beginning to selfheal.. i interupt his first heal and only if that worked if gave him all i got. Starting with a) orbital strike b) flame thorw c) force lightning d) force sweep to get him under 50% and it worked!

So from now one he get a bit angry and starts more attacks on you or companion.

Oh yes i forgot in a heal - heal combo there is sometimes agro switching from you to your compaion and back but its not so hard the in dps or tank form so its easyer to heal him with his/her hep up.

After 50% live... its rly hard to get then lower then 45% i tryd my best did all the same suff before again untile the next heroic moent are rdy to have enought dps to get him down but on... i think 30% or 25% is over i cant do more damage on him i dont know why its not possible to get him lower.

So pls is there someone other healer how got this challange and can me give some tips how i get the dps to kill him?

I dont think anyone of the Development Team tryd this with a healer if there so im rly happy to get any little tip to beat him.

BTW the second fight on heal - heal combo takes me mor the 74 minutes and im still lost because I human needs a bio break that i coud not hold longer... :(

Edited by Lithira

How about, instead of beating on this guy for 40 minutes you take 5-10 mins to read a dps guide of your class to get a basic idea of what you have to do as a dps, respec, switch your companion to heal(use a ranged companion) and just kill him?

Seriously, I've done this in 192 gear with a level 27 Lana during the companion heal nerf.

If you have a basic idea of what abilities to use as a dps your gear will do the rest and your companion will keep you alive

How about, instead of beating on this guy for 40 minutes you take 5-10 mins to read a dps guide of your class to get a basic idea of what you have to do as a dps, respec, switch your companion to heal(use a ranged companion) and just kill him?

Seriously, I've done this in 192 gear with a level 27 Lana during the companion heal nerf.

If you have a basic idea of what abilities to use as a dps your gear will do the rest and your companion will keep you alive

Now that's a reasonable solution, but seriously i admire this guy - 47 minute battle! Still he is certainly right to expect that each spec in the game should be able to kill the exarch( if it's not possible they should at least mention it)