Tanking in Bikinis

iamthehoyden

From today's podcast:

"Damion: And then we have two key itemization features that are coming to you guys that I think will be really good for the end game players in particular. The first is augment tables and what this is going to allow you to do is to allow you to add an augment slot which is the slot that crafters get for free whenever they get a critical hit crafting item. It will allow you to use item modification table anywhere in the game to add an augment slot to any piece of wearable gear armor and get that augment slot so that will pretty much allow all of our gear at the end game to be equivalent to each other, which will solve a lot of the itemization problems that we have had in the past.

The other thing that personally I am excited about is adaptive gear. Adaptive gear is the ability for some gear, in particular social gear, to morph its armor rating based on the skill of the wearer the short form is that, yes, you can now tank in a bikini. I know that is important to some people. It also means that things like the - was it the pilot outfit - the sand trooper, the sand person outfit all of those things in particular on the social vendors as well as the armor on the collector's edition vendors and the security vendors all that stuff will be able to be worn at end game, especially when you combine it with the augment table technology." http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-old-republic-official-podcast-episode-i

What gear are you planning to get for your toon now that these will be available? Are you going to match lore or your personal storyline or just find the most sparkly thing out there?

I MIGHT put my commando in civilian flight outfit just to give more of a feel of a field medic... Though the huge assualt cannon kinda throws off that feeling. /shrug

I usually just put social gear on my un-used and/or light armored companions. So it will be interesting to see how the morphing works with companions who are a lower armor rating than yourself.

I MIGHT put my commando in civilian flight outfit just to give more of a feel of a field medic... Though the huge assualt cannon kinda throws off that feeling. /shrug

I usually just put social gear on my un-used and/or light armored companions. So it will be interesting to see how the morphing works with companions who are a lower armor rating than yourself.

I'm betting....and this is just a guess mind you....that there will be a LOT of toons being followed by female companions in slave costumes. Just a guess...

I'm betting....and this is just a guess mind you....that there will be a LOT of toons being followed by female companions in slave costumes. Just a guess...

Well... I already keep Jaesa and Kira running around in slave costumes... LoL

I actually try to keep a bit of 'realism' when running around. Wouldn't want Elara in a slave costume. Might put her in the civvie flight gear since she actually DOES have the medic feel.

As I said before, I am curious how it'll work the morphing will work with companions of lower armor rating. I'd like to keep Vector in the civvie fligt gear or possably put Quinn in the armor from the Rakghoul event, if it can morph medium class for a Jugg.

That makes me sooo happy! I wanted to dress all my companions in formal attire. However, most of the Bounty Hunter - scratch that - all of the Bounty Hunter companions wear Medium+ armor. Now I don't really want them in the Formal gear (Vector on my agent is now pimped out in it), I can still give them the ragtag Mando look! Maybe I can put Toran into the Containment gear.... Edited by Kikilicious

Saw a female tank spec Assassin in a bikini once. Body type 2 Pureblood female. I have to say, it was pretty hot. ;)

Hehe I've got my imp side Zabrak Shadow in the Republic dancers outfit which jus like the slave girl one but red instead of white.

scoundrelina: red pimp coat and hutt cartel social boots from nar shaddaa. most boots in game are too small for my beefy legs, looks funny. and of course the sewer boot look clashes with everything.

sniper: trenchcoat. duh

merc: cowboy outfit. you know, like a fat ginger cyborg version of cad bane.

jugg (chick tank): batgirl costume, minus mask. she's chiss. eat it, lore.

I'm tempted to make a male Trooper with the name Tom, give him Pilot gear (the red outfit that looks like a spacesuit), and beat the class story as to give him the rank of Major.

Will definitely add augment slots to my BH's Raptor set (PVP level 40 set). It's my favorite Mandalorian-looking set, can't stand the look of the Recruit/Battlemaster/War Hero sets, or the end game Ops sets.

Why can't they just add a friggin cosmetic outfit tab. Why should I have to grind an entire extra set of item mods just so I can swap between wearing two sets of clothing?

I thought this game was supposed to cater a good deal to casual players. I'm not seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...
I assume that in additon to armor upgrading light > medium, that medium > light. some of the heavy armor would look good on a medium armor char.

I'm hoping so, there are a few heavy armor pieces that look really nice and the leather coats and such you get from medium look sweet no matter what armor you're supposed to wear.

I assume that in additon to armor upgrading light > medium, that medium > light. some of the heavy armor would look good on a medium armor char.

As a consular I hope this is the case. I'm really sick of all the light armour options for consulars. Let me wear some smuggler and sentinel clothes damnit!

I really doubt this as I believe that the only light armors that get upgraded to the higher tiers are the social armors.