Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DomiSotto
08.10.2014 , 05:13 PM | #5161
Oh, wow, lot's to read! I will have a fun evening reading Just surfacing for a minute to post for the quiz! It's one of the Dur-Becchino stories, the usual semi-OOC fun over the game mechaniques as seen by the two Legacy Foes.

Title: A Damsel in Distress
Prompt: Recurring Events
Characters: Glean Dur, the Trooper and Lord Becchino, the SW
Spoilers: The Rakghoul Event
Length: Mercifully Short

Spoiler

DomiSotto
08.11.2014 , 04:24 PM | #5162
And, comments! Thank you everyone for good reads!

@Twiget

Spoiler

@Alaurin

Spoiler

@Frauzet

Spoiler

AKHadeed
08.13.2014 , 06:39 PM | #5163
Okay!

Throwing some comments out there! Back at my house, which usually translates into more writing time. Right now I'm just catching up on the thread. So much great stuff!

Spoiler

Now. To get to typing. And maybe log into the game if I'm FEELING CRAZY.

frauzet
08.14.2014 , 07:57 AM | #5164
Comments and replies:
Spoiler

Here comes the next part of the events on the Black Talon

Prompt - Hidden Talents
Title - Uphill
Class - BH (Thorns), SW (Ciner), SI (Rufuro), IA (Smilo)
Words - ~1500
Spoilers - Black Talon

Takes place after ‘Hostile Takeover’ and contains a notable amount of blood from one wound.
Spoiler
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order

AKHadeed
08.14.2014 , 08:47 PM | #5165
Prompt: Missing Something (I'm going to be trying to catch up on prompts)
Title: Thirty Credit Punchbowl
Characters: Angharad Irons, Zeedor
Chronology: Most recent! Just after the ship crashing one!

This is a bit sedate. So be warned. It's all feelings and no punching. Huh.

Spoiler

One reply! Frauzet, I loved the realism in this. It's great to see consequences for actions our characters take. I especially love how you described the wound.

Striges
08.15.2014 , 06:45 AM | #5166
New Friday, new prompt.

Week of August 15, 2014
A Matter of Public Record: Every character is a wealth of information, and it's probably to someone’s advantage to know it. Everything from basic information like name, species, and gender, to more specific things, like school records, close relatives, or their favorite snack food. So what do they know about your character? What's on their public record and is any of it accurate? Has it been changed, erased, or confused with someone else’s? Who might want to know? Why?

And, as ever,

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...=7489974post=2 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...=7489991post=3 (we’re up to two full posts!). Many thanks to Alaurin for maintaining the prompt archive and story index here.

This week's featured NotLP:
LF1M - Dating site profiles are full of the good, the bad, and the ugly. If your character got lonely and tired of his/her designated love interest, what profile would you write for them to submit to the HoloNet's matchmaking services?

DomiSotto
08.15.2014 , 03:52 PM | #5167
@AKHadeed

Spoiler

@Frauzet

Spoiler

And a new quiz! I think I will go for a repost rather than for a new story, since I have just finished the chapter that fits really well with the topic. I am clipping the rest of the chapter since it is irrelevant, it’s on ff.net if anyone is curious.

Prompt: A Matter of Public Record
Title: Look Before You Jump
Class/Character: SW, Lord Yvolgar
Spoilers - Warrior's companion Conversations

Spoiler

Jokad
08.16.2014 , 09:19 AM | #5168
Wow, lots of great stories to catch up on. I hope I got everyone. Comments:
Spoiler
Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses.

Mirdthestrill
08.17.2014 , 12:35 AM | #5169
Comments, firstly:

@Frauzet- I imagine that Mallena is far from the first person to have trouble trusting Dorne, and as perceptive as she seems to be, I don't think it would take her long to deduce what the Lt.'s real issue is. And regarding the armor thing, I like how you summed it up- if you want it to protect you, it has to at least look like it does. All my characters are dressed at least moderately practically for that reason (at least while they're in the field), along with the fact that a lot of the skimpier stuff looks kind of silly IMO.

Spoiler
I <3 alts!

Mirdthestrill
08.17.2014 , 12:55 AM | #5170
A bit of housekeeping before I begin. The next story may be a while in coming, as I'm moving this week and I'm not sure how long it will take for things to settle down enough for me to get some writing done. So the gap could be very short or quite long.

I told myself that I would write about someone besides Mallena once I finished Taris, but this worked out perfectly for the prompt and I've been waiting to do this story for a long time. I will warn everyone that I take some (actually a lot) of liberties with the way the end of Trooper Act 1 plays out, since I found it rather underwhelming.

Title: Aftermath of Justice
Prompt: Communications Breakdown, along with some bonus Health, even though you're probably all sick of it by now.
Characters: Mallena Dayne (Trooper), Aric Jorgan, Elara Dorne
Word Count: ~1,300 words
Spoilers: Trooper Act 1

Index latest of all Mallena stories so far

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I <3 alts!