Jonas Balker's Future

msbtbd

I wonder what the devs have in store for this character. He keeps popping up every now and then to assist the Commander but why? Does he have ulterior motives? If so, what are they? Will he betray the Commander? Will he play a bigger part in the story in upcoming expansions?

What do you all think will happen with the character?

Edited by msbtbd

That theory's all very well, but what of the characters who *didn't* go with Theron?

If you let Theron die or banished him Belkar will want revenge against you. If you kept Theron around as your working buddy he still wants to hurt Theron.

When he first contacted the "Commander" it was because he was trying to get you to help the Republic. If you decide to return to the republic, I would imagine he would still contact you for various things. He is, of course, with the SIS, and the flirt option is an option, there is nothing says you have to flirt back, and if you don't he just go on with business.

If you are a sabtoeur from the Empire helping the Republic and decide to stay with your Alliance he will contact you again and tell you in the near future he will need you help

(helping with the Jedi that they find)

None of my characters (at least the ones that have finished all the story) have romanced Theron and funny thing he doesn't even bring him up. Of course, you could "rp in your mind" that he does.

Of course this is roleplay of the mind. There is no official Balker story. I'm making this all up of what they could have done in a hypothetical future continuing storyline if they bothered to promote Balker to an important storyline NPC.

In my head cannon as my Jedi Knight returns to the Republic husband Theron becomes Senator for Odessen, but not everyone in SIS is happy with him. Theron is Senator because he has the skills to deal with bureaucracy, secrecy, conspiracy, and manipulation. It's also good to get him off Odessen since not everyone in the Alliance is so forgiving of his betrayal even though it wasn't one. It's good not give them a visual reminder. Besides, since I'm rebuilding the Jedi Order on Coruscant they remain together though considering the Jedi Code and he is Master Satele Shan's son it will be awkward, but that's what makes it fun. Balker makes his move.