Persistent PVP planet

PeaceConspiracy

DISCLAIMER: Please if this topic is specifically discussed elsewhere, link the other thread.

One this that I feel would add more to the pvp experience is making the game feel more like a war, as the story line intends. In a war ground is gained and lost, but each time it is lost or gained new areas become available for attack, this is seen in FPS games such as Planetside, Global agenda and (I think) AOC.

- Persistent PvP Planet:

This could be a planet with lets say 7 "zones", 3 imp, 3 rep and 1 "buffer" zone. The "war" would last a week or two, with a different zone being open to attack every day or so. depending on how many zones you control your faction can unlock a raid that is either attacking the Empire (for the republic players) or attacking the Republic (for imperial players). I think that this would be a nice addition to the game because it would give the feel of an "Epic" war that the game claims is going on. Though it would have the same problems as Ilum, so until those are fixed this idea would be meaningless.

Notes:

- As a side note I think that depending on how many warzones are won by any one side, that side gets an in zone buff.

- Essentially this idea takes the Winters grasp from WoW and spreads the battle accross several zones and several days instead of one zone every few hours

- The planet would have to have some built in reset, as to give the non controlling faction a chance to recapture