The fastest way to gain Legacy is.....to not play alts?

Rafkin

Because as it turns out, doing 100 quests on a lowbie is far greater legacy experience than doing a handful of dalies on my main.

As it turns out..thats completly wrong.

I just did all the dailies, minus the bugged Defend the Shipment, and got 79,147 legacy xp points. Took almost 2 hours.

Then I went and did a Heroic 4 on my level 19 and he got 2385 Legacy XP. So you'd have to do almost 40 four man heroics on a level 20ish toon to get what a level 50 can do in 2 hours solo.

Biowares endgame seems to be rerolling alts for the story, it would give alot more incentive if you got more legacy points from rolling alts instead playing your 50 character.

Your premise is false. If you put away your biases and negate your premise, then it makes sense.

I am pretty sure this is not the case. Legacy XP is scaled according to the level of the character. Lower level characters earn less XP so the legacy is scaled up. The idea is that an hour playing any character gets the same amount of legacy XP.

I'm sure I read it here on this forum but my Google-fu is weak today.

I did notice that my lower levels get more Legacy XP from killing mobs than my level 50 does. A lot more actually.

But the Legacy xp from quest turn-ins is much, much higher on my level 50.

imagine you do the Dailys with your main and 7 alts. imagine you have 8, lvl 50 characters.

example: rough estimate of Belsavis/Ilum dailys.

1 main character = 200,000 legacy xp in a day.

8 characters = 1,600,000 legacy xp in a day.

Now do you understand why playing alts gives you more legacy xp?

With alts, i am Legacy level 29 atm. where are you?

I have 2 50s 3 or 4 20s one 30 and two characters I've deleted played til the 40s and 30s. My legacy is 27. I don't believe it would be that high otherwise.

My legacy is higher than that and I only have PvP'ed at 50.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that playing just your level 50 earns you more Legacy xp than playing your alts?

The Higher level you are the more xp you are getting -Contributeing to the Legacy -where level 1 toons ^ add very little to it.

You dont seem to understand the question....

Biowares endgame seems to be rerolling alts for the story, it would give alot more incentive if you got more legacy points from rolling alts instead playing your 50 character.

u completely not understand what is a MMO.

People keep saying "I get more legacy XP on my 50th than I do at lower levels - therefore it must be faster at high levels".

First part is true - second part isn't

50th level character DOES get more legacy xp - but the lower level character NEEDS LESS XP to legacy level!

And, it seems, this scaling is designed to favour those with alts.

Interesting thought here - assuming that BW produces some hot items that need legacy levels, the "epeen" brigade that have just the one massively equipped character, are going to be locked out of it.

Wonder whether that'll cause a massive amount of "alt boosting"!

Does it seem odd to anyone else that playing just your level 50 earns you more Legacy xp than playing your alts?

Not really true.

It is true that you can gain more Legacy XP for doing content with your level 50 character than with a level 1-15 character (if that wasn't true, people would create and destroy throw away characters to optimize Legacy XP, which we really don't want).

We want Legacy to be a viable feature for both players that enjoy in alts and players that do not. So the features and system are balanced to give benefits to both types of players.

-- Georg

I was wondering the same thing. Everyone who has lots of alts seems to have really high legacy. But I even noticed myself while doing alts, I'm really not making any progress.

Based on this thread, it seems to me that a few lvl 20s wont get you anywhere. I'm guessing lvls 25/30+ is where it will start to show benefits. You have to put more work into the character to see benefits from alts.

I was wondering the same thing. Everyone who has lots of alts seems to have really high legacy. But I even noticed myself while doing alts, I'm really not making any progress.

Based on this thread, it seems to me that a few lvl 20s wont get you anywhere. I'm guessing lvls 25/30+ is where it will start to show benefits. You have to put more work into the character to see benefits from alts.

OK - now I am confuddled (or befused).....

Checked on all my various characters, and the target legacy for 19th level is 245,000 on all of them - no matter what level they are. The 50th's definately get more legacy XP. But those with more alts seem to get more levels - does the amount of legacy XP vary with the number of characters that you have maybe?

I now have no idea what's going on (unless some multiplier is added....)

Your premise is false. If you put away your biases and negate your premise, then it makes sense.

Except...

Bioware Dev: "When you hit max level with your character, definitely reroll and try another one.", theres definetly more quotes of the sort in other interviews..

Its pretty clear this was a large part of there "end game", to re roll alts to keep people occupied for alot longer. If you were in the beta you wouldve noticed they had hardly anyone testing end-game content, because there hardly is anything fun about endgame.

u completely not understand what is a MMO.

Clearly I dont :rolleyes:..The game caters to single players, it DOESNT feel like an MMO at all.

Edited by Girdeux

Not really true.

It is true that you can gain more Legacy XP for doing content with your level 50 character than with a level 1-15 character (if that wasn't true, people would create and destroy throw away characters to optimize Legacy XP, which we really don't want).

We want Legacy to be a viable feature for both players that enjoy in alts and players that do not. So the features and system are balanced to give benefits to both types of players.

-- Georg

What ? two days ago your are just advertised inside the guild summit event the benefits of playing someone their alts and playing species and how much it affect this someone's legacy points and now you are saying that YOU HAVE NOT CAPPED the legacy from just one character ?

Sorry for that i will say , but you all seem that you do not know what you want and the most important you do not know how you will take it .

Right now in my guild i feed all the 50 lvl players that have bored to death playing again and again the same flashpoints and operations with the "legacy system benefits and how many benefits will they have if they start playing alts" and you are just show them the exit of the game ... ?

This is madness and from now you are alone in this path of dark side . not support and not spread again your b***its

Edited by SWTOR-GR

Wrong.

I've two fifties, one on each side. I haven't played my sith for about a month (pretty much immediately after I finished his story). My legacy is literally two times the levels of my various friends and guildmates because of it. Yes, it will take longer to level legacy with lower characters. As these characters level up it becomes increasingly worthwhile. Try it and find out before complaining, yeah?

While you gain proportionally more Legacy experience the higher level content you do (monsters killed, quests...), however at level 50 there is only few daily limited quests that gives few kilos of Legacy Experience.

However while leveling a new character, you can perform as many quests as long as you keep playing until you reach the end-game, discover new locations, and earn a lot of Legacy Experience. (And some of the quests before 50 are quite generous in experience reward).

So if you have only a little time, for sure you will gain more Legacy Experience doing your dailies with your level 50 character.

But if you have more available playing time, leveling another character will earn you Legacy Experience quicker because of the endless supply of quests to reward you.

Myself I have 4 level 50 characters, one level 22, and rest are about level 7 and my Legacy level is 34, and I've only started regularly doing level 50 dailies this week. So most of my Legacy Experience is from leveling up character, not playing endgame content.

Edited by Elysith

What ? two days ago your are just advertised inside the guild summit event the benefits of playing someone their alts and playing species and how much it affect this someone's legacy points and now you are saying that YOU HAVE NOT CAPPED the legacy from just one character ?

Sorry for that i will say , but you all seem that you do not know what you want and the most important you do not know how you will take it .

Right now in my guild i feed all the 50 lvl players that have bored to death playing again and again the same flashpoints and operations with the "legacy system benefits and how many benefits will they have if they start playing alts" and you are just show them the exit of the game ... ?

This is madness and from now you are alone in this path of dark side . not support and not spread again your b***its

The last couple of lines were very funny to me ha ha.

I'm not sure if it's been said in this thread yet, but here goes:

-Finishing Act 2 of a class's storyline unlocks that class's buff and emotes to other characters

-Finishing Act 3 of a class's storyline unlocks its abilities to other classes

-Hitting level 50 with a specific species unlocks its Legacy features (buffs or cross-faction play of said species)

There are a few other Legacy-related changes that only benefit from playing alts, not your level 50, that more than make up for the lowered Legacy XP gain. In fact, I'd argue that many players would gain more Legacy XP/hour playing a new alt's story than they would their level 50 mains just because repeated queuing in WZs or doing flashpoint dailies/weeklies is so boringly repetitive; after two or three hours many players are completely spent (and the trolling in Fleet and WZ general chat demonstrates this well).

On the other hand, I can play a newly created, undergeared and weak character from 1-15 in one 6 hour session straight, stopping only due to real life priorities and not due to boredom. The XP per kill/quest is much lower but the new character will grant me more legacy levels because I'll be spending many more hours/week playing it than I would my max level character.

To reiterate, you unlock specific bonuses only by playing alts, so there will never be a situation where "Legacy XP grinding" on your level 50 beats out playing alts to maximize your Legacy unlocks. Due to the immersing story, many players will find Legacy levels skyrocket by playing a new character for longer sessions than they would doing the repetitive and short-lived end-game content on their main.

I thought legacy capped at 25...

While I do not know where it is capped, I do know it is not 25. Since I am at legacy level 42. At this point it is taking over 600k legacy xp per level.

Also, people with alts can check this out. These are made up numbers just to make my point so don't rip them apart because they're false.

At 50, you get x% of xp earned as legacy xp. Lets say 25%(made up). At lower levels you get more in percentage of xp earned as legacy xp(i.e. 50% at lvl 1)(made up).

For example if you complete a quest at 50 worth 10k xp you get 2500 in legacy xp.

At level 1 if you complete a quest worth 500 xp you get 250 legacy xp.

That is where people tend to believe that the levels are scaled.

The legacy xp requirement per level does not change from one alt to another.

The amount you get in proportion to the normal xp you earn does however based on level of the character earning xp.

the fact they want you to roll a alt should send up a red flag about end game

In the first big story driven mmo maybe they are giving us an incentive to play through the other stories(but maybe Im being crazy here). Your thinking about this all wrong man.:D

Legacy is awarded on a proportional scale to xp. More xp = more legacy. At 50 you earn more then at level 10.

Rocket science it is not.

Thats only true if 50's have enough activities to get XP from.

Many of us can do more in a "day" than there is dailies for.

So I would get XP for 50 dailies + XP for leveling.

I have 2 50s and a 49, plus a few others at least level 33. My Legacy level just hit 30 a little while ago. I'll admit to not doing much with my toons once they hit 50. A bit of PvE on Ilum with my BH, and running around soloing Taral V and Jedi Prisoner with my Knight. That was about it. Spent the rest of my time playing the others for the story. Usually switching around when I'm no longer sick of Taris or Balmorra. lol