Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

need help with deciding which stat setup to go with for vengeance pve

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
need help with deciding which stat setup to go with for vengeance pve

andywilsonght
01.28.2018 , 11:54 AM | #1
hey guys, I've been playing jugg for a while and see that there are 2 ways to gear your jugg up. there is with the high alacrity build and the low alacrity build. which one do you guys think will give you better results dps wise in pve? currently I have the low alacrity, but a few nights ago I was raiding and this jugg on my raid team was doing much higher dps than me with a high alacrity build on draxus nim. so what do you guys think?
Sith are friends, not food.

AdjeYo
01.28.2018 , 04:15 PM | #2
I recommend high alacrity for pve, it will do more damage than the low alacrity build.

KendraP
01.28.2018 , 05:30 PM | #3
I too assume the high alacrity build to be ideal under most circumstances.

Eli_Porter
01.29.2018 , 04:36 AM | #4
High alacrity is better DPS overall, but the difference shouldn't be that major. The top high alacrity Veng parse is only 1.3% higher DPS than the top low alacrity Veng parse. When you account for the greater burst potential of low alacrity, it's a toss-up that likely favors the high alacrity build by a very small margin.

andywilsonght
01.29.2018 , 11:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
High alacrity is better DPS overall, but the difference shouldn't be that major. The top high alacrity Veng parse is only 1.3% higher DPS than the top low alacrity Veng parse. When you account for the greater burst potential of low alacrity, it's a toss-up that likely favors the high alacrity build by a very small margin.
how can you tell if a parse is low/high alacrity?
Sith are friends, not food.

Jevaruss
01.29.2018 , 11:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by andywilsonght View Post
how can you tell if a parse is low/high alacrity?
You look at the rotation tab of the parse and see if there's a 1.3 or a 1.4s difference between each ability activated.
OG Commando life.

Star Forge, formerly Shadowlands.

Master-Paulus
02.04.2018 , 04:25 PM | #7
Remember too; what might work best on a dummy/paper doesn't necessarily translate to being the best in the thick of the action.

Personally I use to run a high Alacrity build quite a while ago, but then switched over to the low Alacrity build and found that worked far better for me in ops and with my playstyle

However as mentioned, there isn't much difference between each so either is viable and if one really wanted, you could try out either build and see which works best for you

~Ace

Arcalyxme
02.10.2018 , 09:20 AM | #8
With that high alacrity build, you guys got around ~1300 critical rating with 248 gear right ?
<Elysium> / Toraen, Aarom, Lyeom

KendraP
02.10.2018 , 10:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Arcalyxme View Post
With that high alacrity build, you guys got around ~1300 critical rating with 248 gear right ?
I believe it's either 1860 or 703 alacrity.

Arcalyxme
02.10.2018 , 11:41 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I believe it's either 1860 or 703 alacrity.
Hi,

Yes that's right for the alacrity, but I was a bit "worried" because of the "low" critical rating when using the 1860+ alacrity build.
<Elysium> / Toraen, Aarom, Lyeom