Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vengeance and Rage Juggernaut/Vigilance and Focus Guardian Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Vengeance and Rage Juggernaut/Vigilance and Focus Guardian Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.13.2015 , 12:47 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Vengeance and Rage Juggernauts/Vigilance and Focus Guardians.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase DPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)
  • 2-Piece: Sundering Assault or Sundering Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Reduces the minimum range of Saber Throw by 10 meters.
  • 6-Piece: Activating Saber Throw will grant Vindicator's Critical Bonus making your next Impale and Furious Strike or Overhead Slash and Concentrated Slice critically hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every minute.
Cheers, all!
The SWTOR Combat Team
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Regentlord
07.13.2015 , 01:32 PM | #2
I think the current ones are pretty good considering the restrictions.

The 2 set could also proc off of Force Charge.

The 4 set could also add a 6 second 50% slow when using throw.
Velsidian ⋅ Velsed Cybannus ⋅ Rakavus Regentlord ⋅ Velseous
The Harbinger

DarthZaul
07.13.2015 , 02:17 PM | #3
The bonus is good for vengeance, but it is still a bit too essential compared to other classes bonuses. The 0 meter range on saber throw should just be written into the ability. It changes the rotation, rather than just increasing damage.

Raansu
07.13.2015 , 02:37 PM | #4
I'd like to see the 4pc make our leap 0m instead of saber throw and make saber throw passive for 0m.

Damaind
07.13.2015 , 02:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZaul View Post
The bonus is good for vengeance, but it is still a bit too essential compared to other classes bonuses. The 0 meter range on saber throw should just be written into the ability. It changes the rotation, rather than just increasing damage.
Yes the 0 meter saber throw should be written in its WAY too essential compared to other classes, having something else have no min rage with saber throw written in would be interesting...

EAbovee
07.13.2015 , 02:56 PM | #6
I'm actually a fan of these set bonuses but I agree with what DarthZaul intimated. It seems the 0 meter saber throw is more of a necessity for the rotation instead of a boon, which may devalue the 4-set compared to other classes a bit.

Would there be any possibility to varying the set bonuses between the two DPS specs and/or PvE vs PvP? I know that is likely more time-consuming but the added level of distinction would do wonders for a sense of identity between all of the specs.

GrandLordMenace
07.13.2015 , 03:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Vengeance and Rage Juggernauts/Vigilance and Focus Guardians.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase DPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)
  • 2-Piece: Sundering Assault or Sundering Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Reduces the minimum range of Saber Throw by 10 meters.
  • 6-Piece: Activating Saber Throw will grant Vindicator's Critical Bonus making your next Impale and Furious Strike or Overhead Slash and Concentrated Slice critically hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every minute.
Cheers, all!
The SWTOR Combat Team
Make the 4set a default part of the ability of Saber Throw itself.

Replace the 4set with a 8% damage boost to Master Strike.

Tack on for the 6pc an option for it to proc from Blade Storm, not just Saber Throw.

New Level 60 Set Bonuses
  • 4-Piece: Increases the Damage of Master Strike/Ravage by 8%
  • 6-Piece: Activating Saber Throw or Blade Storm will grant Vindicator's Critical Bonus making your next Impale and Furious Strike or Overhead Slash and Concentrated Slice critically hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every minute.

Misc: Saber Throw now has a range of 0 to 30 meters.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

royhenderson
07.13.2015 , 03:21 PM | #8
2pc - fine
4pc - increases the critical chance of periodic effects from attacks by 10%
6pc - saber throw distance reduction (as is now)

Right now ....other than overhead slash burning purpose and the plasma one barely hit for anything at all.

GrandLordMenace
07.13.2015 , 03:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'd like to see the 4pc make our leap 0m instead of saber throw and make saber throw passive for 0m.
No. Please no. Would be broken.

Just make True Harmony break roots.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

Ryokusen
07.13.2015 , 03:27 PM | #10
Like everyone said, please remove rotation neccesary perks from being in a set bonus.
Aside from that, I think the current set bonuses are for the most part boring and really generic among all clases. I'd like that set bonuses were improvements to classes utilities and quality of life issues.

A few quickly tought examples of possible juggs set bonus:

2 piece: 2% extra movement speed (aditive with shien stance, not multiplicative) or extended master strike channel range (not activation range)

4 piece: Shatter/Plasma Brand Increases your raid group damage reduction by 2% for 5 seconds

6 piece: All dot damage increased by 8 % (less realiance on MS)

thats my 2c.