Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Deserves A Revival: More Funding, Resources and Manpower

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Deserves A Revival: More Funding, Resources and Manpower
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Celise
01.22.2019 , 03:24 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
You can unsubscribe from the mail updates, or at least, so it says whenever you sign up to a new petition.

But don't all sites these days collect data and sell it? I mean, I was under the impression it was standard practice these days, especially with what has been going on with Facebook :P doesn't take away that it's bad practice nonetheless.
If you are in Europe? The GPDR in Europe doesn't allow Change.org to just do what they like with your information, they must seek your approval to harvest and sell that information now, and it can also be contested in a courtroom if Change.org was being disingenuous about it.

Just FYI Google has just been hammered 45 million in fees in French courts because they didn't comply with the GPDR.

RickShan
01.22.2019 , 04:11 AM | #32
For those who don't want to sign the petition, even for those who did like me, the best you could do for this is going over to Charles Boyd or Eric Musco Twitter, including SWTOR and EA official ones and asking there, without spamming or other BS, making ourselves heard that there is still interest in TOR.
I think it's better than going through petition sites.
Free stuff, 7 days free, and more!

http://www.swtor.com/r/yTvq3K

Ylliarus
01.22.2019 , 04:18 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by RickShan View Post
For those who don't want to sign the petition, even for those who did like me, the best you could do for this is going over to Charles Boyd or Eric Musco Twitter, including SWTOR and EA official ones and asking there, without spamming or other BS, making ourselves heard that there is still interest in TOR.
I think it's better than going through petition sites.
I absolutely agree, reaching out to the people in question, be it Bioware, EA, heck aim high and go for Disney! It all helps to bring the message across, it all helps to boost the signal that "hey, we want this game to be successful and thrive"!

Because petition or not, that's in the end what it's all about, getting the game more funding, resources and manpower. Those are the things that will revitalise the game and those are the things necessary to make it thrive like it once did!
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

Ylliarus
01.22.2019 , 04:56 AM | #34
Amazing news everyone! 24 hours haven't even passed since the petition was started and already there are 200 supporters! Oh, nope, scratch that, 206 the moment this post was sent It may not seem like much at this point, but having gotten this many signatures within a day seems amazing to me!

That is why I would like to ask you all, share this petition with anyone and everywhere you can! The more people sign it, the more noise it will create and the bigger the chance will be it will get noticed by the higher ups. Reach out to SWTOR and Star Wars content creators, talk about it on Facebook, Twitter and in your Discord servers. I'm doing all I can myself, but the more people help me with this the bigger the signal boost will be

A huge thank you to anyone who has already signed, you people are amazing! Whether you believe the petition can work or not, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain! So let's do this together, let's make people aware this game is still out there and is still incredibly loved!

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-...-and-resources
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!

LordDarrack
01.22.2019 , 05:18 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
That may be, but the Old Republic era is being highly requested to be introduced into the new canon, the Disney canon. It would be useful for Disney to play on that, because it's a huge potential market.

Don't underestimate the current Star Wars direction from Disney, I've worked with them for many years and everything they do is planned and whether you like it or not very successful.

I'm old and too remember the excitement of the original films when I saw them on the big screen way, way back in the day, my youngest son is now a huge Star Wars fan and he loves the new stuff regardless of its place in lore.

Its the younger market that Disney aim at because the power of kids to get parents to part with cash for Merch is second to none (I have over 30 years in the entertainment business - trust me I know).

This is why they need to be persuaded to support this game and I am really surprised they didn't see the opportunity to really push it hard with the release of the new films, that to me says something.

I commend the OP and fully support your actions sir.

Be safe
"The Experience of Survival is the key to the Gravity of Love"

Ylliarus
01.22.2019 , 05:20 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDarrack View Post
Don't underestimate the current Star Wars direction from Disney, I've worked with them for many years and everything they do is planned and whether you like it or not very successful.

I'm old and too remember the excitement of the original films when I saw them on the big screen way, way back in the day, my youngest son is now a huge Star Wars fan and he loves the new stuff regardless of its place in lore.

Its the younger market that Disney aim at because the power of kids to get parents to part with cash for Merch is second to none (I have over 30 years in the entertainment business - trust me I know).

This is why they need to be persuaded to support this game and I am really surprised they didn't see the opportunity to really push it hard with the release of the new films, that to me says something.

Be safe
Exactly! Getting this game and the love for it to Disney's attention might be the key to securing a better future for this MMO Some may call me naive for it, but I really believe that if we generate noise, if we show the Star Wars community out there that this game still deserves love and attention, that there is still a loyal playerbase wanting to see this game thrive, we might actually change something if anything, we have nothing to lose!

Kryptonomic
01.22.2019 , 07:16 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDarrack View Post
Don't underestimate the current Star Wars direction from Disney, I've worked with them for many years ........... and I am really surprised they didn't see the opportunity to really push it hard with the release of the new films, that to me says something.
Like yourself I've worked with Disney and I've also worked with EA. Assuming similar context, we know the second part of your statement isn't actually surprising given the first part. (I know. Limited in what can be said. Etc.)

There are very defined internal reasons why there wasn't a push to market this particular game along with the films.

Also, as you know, Disney doesn't really always have it all "planned out." The best case in point was the focus on the Star Wars anthology stories. Talk to the screenwriters and budgeters for how well that was planned out. Equally of evidence were the "new era" books that were canceled abruptly (albeit, perhaps only temporarily) and a shifted focus back to the "prequel era." Ask the writers on contract how well that was planned out.

Quote:
As do I. I signed the petition simply because I appreciate someone is a natural enthusiast and is at least trying.

Celise
01.22.2019 , 07:43 AM | #38
Ignoring the obvious isn't going to magically make anyone reconsider the previous choices and why it drove people away in the first place. Neither is ignoring the idea of what could be done to bring SWTOR back and get more people to agree to your petition.

I'm one who sees negatives and can see the positives that can come out of the negatives.
(of course i'm willing to discuss the issue and you'd be surprised what my point of view is for SWTOR, that assumes anyone is bothered to ask, and so far no one has)

Ylliarus
01.22.2019 , 07:49 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
Ignoring the obvious isn't going to magically make anyone reconsider the previous choices and why it drove people away in the first place. Neither is ignoring the idea of what could be done to bring SWTOR back and get more people to agree to your petition.

I'm one who sees negatives and can see the positives that can come out of the negatives.
(of course i'm willing to discuss the issue and you'd be surprised what my point of view is for SWTOR, that assumes anyone is bothered to ask, and so far no one has)
In that case, please do share it as I am genuinely interested in hearing your view!

Lhancelot
01.22.2019 , 08:05 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryptonomic View Post
I signed the petition simply because I appreciate someone is a natural enthusiast and is at least trying.
Same here. ^

I never thought of doing something like this, heck I wish someone had done this years ago, maybe trying to drum up support outside of the game will prove more fruitful.

People have written thousands of pages on these forums over the 6+ years being supportive as well as being critical of development changes made to this game and honestly speaking very little had any noticeable impact.

I pretty much view these forums as a sounding board where players can vent and not an actual place people can communicate with the devs or game representatives. There's simply too much one-way-communication here for it to be considered a proper pipeline to the devs or any other SWTOR representatives.

Anyway, sorry to digress. Godspeed with the petition.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696