Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ossus Dailies - Weekly reward 252 boxes loot distribution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ossus Dailies - Weekly reward 252 boxes loot distribution

Keerthi
12.15.2018 , 08:48 PM | #1
Hello Guys, the topic I have posted below is something I am sure most of us are aware of, yet wanted to bring it to open discussion, and perhaps with enough traction, hoping to bring about an update to meaningless grind. Yes, you can always add 'you dont have to if you dont like it' to this and write it off but, we could also look at it from a fun perspective, and not just blindly having to go over a mindless grind rat race.

As of now, when the Ossus weekly is completed, we get to choose between Upper Body armor box, Lower Body Armor Box, and a random gear piece box with the following loot table of items,
Upper Body - Chest, Hands, or IMPLANTS
Random Gear piece box - Head, Mainhand, Offhand, EARPIECE.
Lower Body - Legs, Pants, RELICS.
(please add any details i missed here. But I am trying to highlight the key point)

Is the sole purpose of picking this drop distribution idea, is to increase the amount of grind ? Why cant this follow the traditional way, and keep it as,
Upper body - Head, Chest, Hands.
Supplementary - bracers, belt, head.
Lower body - Pants, Boots.
and, perhaps add another box with the implants,relics, and earpiece in them ? Offhand and Mainhand can have a box of their own for people who do not want to deal with the buggy bosses. Cant avoid that pun can we XD

If the traditional distribution was the case, I can surely get a body armor piece, which I could use for an alt. E.g - If i had an extra 252 hand piece, I can use it to upgrade it to a 258 for another class as needed. Would not really be a waste of time for me grinding it. However, if i end up with an extra relic more than I need for a toon, I will have to suck up the waste of weekly grind for that week, as I cannot upgrade that relic to a 258 and transfer it to an alt.

If things are the way they are right now, I always have to risk getting a non-legacy transferable gear piece like a relic, on every attempt I make to attain a 252 body armor piece. Moreover, the chance of me getting a non-transferable piece of gear is much higher. Eg. - Lets consider a 252 lower body box. It has legs,pants and relics. For a DPS spec, and also the spec which most player base is made of, there are 5 dps relics I can obtain. So my chance of getting a pants or legs piece is 1/7 which is about 14% while the chance of obtaining a relic is 5/7, a whooping 72% chance.

Since the PTS version, weekly Masterwork Crystals rewards are already nerfed from 2-3 crystals to 1. That is already 2-3times more the grind. Not having a sizable update to keep players engaged is frowned upon. But a grindy trick like this is just lousy, and does not make up to the lack of viable content. Moreover, something like this shows you value your players to be just as mindless as this derogative loot distribution.

Please try to engage the players in the game in a healthier way.

teclado
12.15.2018 , 10:04 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Keerthi View Post
Is the sole purpose of picking this drop distribution idea, is to increase the amount of grind ?
Everything about this patch is about grind.
SS
Malovo - Marauder

Banthabreeder
12.15.2018 , 11:07 PM | #3
Customer:
Morning

Waitress:
Morning

Customer:
What have you got?

Waitress:
Well, there's egg and bacon
Egg sausage and bacon
Egg and grind
Egg, bacon and grind
Egg, bacon, sausage and grind
Grind, bacon, sausage and grind
Grind, egg, grind, grind, bacon and grind
Grind, sausage, grind, grind, grind, bacon, grind tomato and grind
Grind, grind, grind, egg and grind
Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, baked beans, grind, grind, grind and grind

(Choir: Grind! Grind! Grind! Grind! Lovely Grind! Lovely Grind!)

Or Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce
Served in a ProvenÁale manner with shallots and aubergines
Garnished with truffle p‚tť, brandy and a fried egg on top and grind

Wife:
Have you got anything without grind?
ďDonít call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.Ē

Hawkebatt
01.22.2019 , 12:42 AM | #4
Oh I would so love it to be less of grind to get mostly 175 UC really. I need two pieces on my tank well, one really but I don't use click relics. I will be saving my crystals for 258 which Is a guaranteed piece that I want.

Random dailies boxes have proven to be mostly trash or repeats which I have shoved to my mirrors.

I have a few offhand 's to put stuff in to transfer to other toons and I can get more from the gree, but why not do us all a favor and make the mods, enhancements, armoring, barrels, and hilt legacy bound or all gear pieces that are BOP to be legacy?

Most of your player base has been around for a long time and everyone hates restrictions that make no sense what so ever.

My suggestion to change the reward to two crystals and let us decide what we need.
Plus bumping the world boss quest to two as well as there are two bosses.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

LD_Little_Dragon
01.22.2019 , 01:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Keerthi View Post
If the traditional distribution was the case, I can surely get a body armor piece, which I could use for an alt. E.g - If i had an extra 252 hand piece, I can use it to upgrade it to a 258 for another class as needed.
I'm not sure if this is just part of your 'the way things should be' wishful thinking or not ...

Right now you can't use extra 252's to trade up for another class, you can only upgrade a 252 armor piece to the exact same 258 set piece. That means, for example, that an assassin dps 252 chestpiece can only be traded for an assassin dps 258 chestpiece. Forget using extra dps 252's to gear your tanks or alternate classes. It ain't happening.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Balameb
01.22.2019 , 03:32 AM | #6
Right now you cannot use alts of different clases and each implant, ear or relic of 258 requires the exact same one of 252. If you use like almost everyone Serendipitous assault and Focused retribution it does not help when you always get the clicky ones or the one with critical.

Its even worst when you see that disassembling them gives you only 175UC when a single crystal cost 500UC, two cost 1500. its a Joke!!!

As crystals right now are so very limited, this is Galactic Command similar to 5.0 all over again.

The solution could be simple, instead of the Random 252 it should give a crystal box that has a chance of 2 OR 3 Crystals that i belive is the price for each 252 piece. So everyone choose whatever wants.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

Przemo_No
01.22.2019 , 04:07 AM | #7
That's why I am completely NOT bothered with any gear grinds on Ossus.
The ones we have are all enough to do SM or HM content.
Those few who really do NIM "Gods of the Grinding Machine" may wish to spend their valuable time on such chores, but I have much more better things to do.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

phalczen
01.22.2019 , 10:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
Right now you cannot use alts of different clases and each implant, ear or relic of 258 requires the exact same one of 252. If you use like almost everyone Serendipitous assault and Focused retribution it does not help when you always get the clicky ones or the one with critical.

Its even worst when you see that disassembling them gives you only 175UC when a single crystal cost 500UC, two cost 1500. its a Joke!!!

As crystals right now are so very limited, this is Galactic Command similar to 5.0 all over again.

The solution could be simple, instead of the Random 252 it should give a crystal box that has a chance of 2 OR 3 Crystals that i belive is the price for each 252 piece. So everyone choose whatever wants.
The question is really, how many misses, and therefore by extension weeks, is acceptable before you can directly purchase the piece you need. Since disintegrating a 252 piece yields 175 unassembled components, and it takes 1500 unassembled components to get two MDCs in the same week, that means it takes 9 weeks of disintegrating the 252 loot to get enough UCs to buy the thing you want.

Now, compared to tier 4 Galactic Command crates, is that better or worse? Well, assuming you have the 242 shell, a 248 piece will be between 525 and 810 UCs. If you were really unlucky in your crates and only got blue 244s, those only give 8 UCs upon disintegration. So that could mean anywhere from 66 to 102 crates, average 84, depending on the piece. Each crate is worth 5490 CXP so thatís, on average, over 460k CXP to get enough UC to buy a 248 piece, assuming you have the shell. I mean I have no idea how many CXP I get in a typical week on one toon but iíd say is probably around 80-100k. Just from conquest goal at 4500, and GSF, thatís probably 50k right there, and then at least one op is another 10k, and that doesnít even include CXP packs or anything else I may do. In comparison, nine weeks of the Ossus weekly is around 200k CXP give or take when you include the CXP from mobs and the actual dailies themselves, assuming boosts.

So, the situation is definitely superior to relying purely on Galactic Command Tier 4 crates to disintegrate and make UCs to buy 248s. Itís just whether you think waiting 9 weeks to get the piece you want is ok.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Balameb
01.22.2019 , 02:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
The question is really, how many misses, and therefore by extension weeks, is acceptable before you can directly purchase the piece you need. Since disintegrating a 252 piece yields 175 unassembled components, and it takes 1500 unassembled components to get two MDCs in the same week, that means it takes 9 weeks of disintegrating the 252 loot to get enough UCs to buy the thing you want.

Now, compared to tier 4 Galactic Command crates, is that better or worse? Well, assuming you have the 242 shell, a 248 piece will be between 525 and 810 UCs. If you were really unlucky in your crates and only got blue 244s, those only give 8 UCs upon disintegration. So that could mean anywhere from 66 to 102 crates, average 84, depending on the piece. Each crate is worth 5490 CXP so thatís, on average, over 460k CXP to get enough UC to buy a 248 piece, assuming you have the shell. I mean I have no idea how many CXP I get in a typical week on one toon but iíd say is probably around 80-100k. Just from conquest goal at 4500, and GSF, thatís probably 50k right there, and then at least one op is another 10k, and that doesnít even include CXP packs or anything else I may do. In comparison, nine weeks of the Ossus weekly is around 200k CXP give or take when you include the CXP from mobs and the actual dailies themselves, assuming boosts.

So, the situation is definitely superior to relying purely on Galactic Command Tier 4 crates to disintegrate and make UCs to buy 248s. Itís just whether you think waiting 9 weeks to get the piece you want is ok.
Its actually 6 weeks since you buy the crystals on different weeks, you buy on week 3 and 6 at 500 each. BUT, that means if you already buy every week a crystal, then you are actuallly getting nothing.
On the other hand you can "easy" farm more than 100k CXP in a week on a single toon while you cannot farm more than a single 252. Also chances of geting a "usefull" 248 were a lot better than to get something usefull of a 252.
AND the new gear is not aimed at 252, its 258. You need each and every specific 252 and the additionals crystals to add to each of those shells for the 258.

That is why i said the giving us 2 or 3 crystals (the cost of each 252) for the weekly is better than a random 252 box. It still requires arround 14 weeks to gear a single toon using that route if that was the aim of BW.
252 random is really garbage. A guildmate got 5 relics in a row on a single toon. I got like 1/3 useless drops that for now i prefer to not desintegrate (keep in stash) hoping that BW choose to at least let us upgrade more freely form 252 to 258 (like any relic for any relic and not ask for the specific one).

I'm not asking for freebies, i just hate random with passion. If i have to work for something its fine, but i want my work rewarded. Just as i got 1/3 trash, someone might get 2/3 trash doing the same work and think i got too lucky. And someone might hace got perfect drops doing the same also. That is what i don't like and i think is what most people don't like of this system just like 5.0 (GC with low cxp and no UC).
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

TGaP_Andrey
01.22.2019 , 03:05 PM | #10
I'll rather gladly do dailies on Ossus in the most relaxed and braindead manner ever, and spend on it like one hour in a week, than bother myself with any sort of group content, especially challenging one - hard/vet mods and alike. Random drop is kinda tolerable for 252 lvl items.