Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Elara Dorne (my wife .....)

ciombolo
01.21.2019 , 08:46 AM | #1
So, I don't know if any1 posted yet but...
C'mon!! Last part with Elara?!? On Ossus?!? She is now with me with no 'intercation' before?!?! Just like that?!?!
All other companions which come back had some small 'talking' but with Elara NO!?! WHY?!? I MARRIED HER MAN!!
I want a nice chat before returning to me!
Ty for understanding!
Kody

TUXs
01.21.2019 , 08:56 AM | #2
Because that part of the story has concluded. Now you get to RP whatever you want with her, or wait for something new to involve her. She's an NPC, not a person.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Estelindis
01.21.2019 , 10:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ciombolo View Post
All other companions which come back had some small 'talking' but with Elara NO!?!
I'm confused. Elara does talk to the Trooper on Iokath before joining the Alliance.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Keta
01.21.2019 , 11:39 AM | #4
Elara was a part of a story (Iokath) not an alert. As such if you bypassed that particular story to do Jedi Under Siege, you get the default selections for the various actions. So unless you provide any additional information, none of us can really comment on why you missed it.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

Noerra
01.21.2019 , 11:43 AM | #5
It sounds like you jumped over Iokath story where Elara returns and has her returning talk. She comes back in the story itself not as alert, so if you did not do this part of the story game still considers you being in relationship with her but you have missed the part were you are reunited. I am really sorry if this happened to you.

TUXs
01.21.2019 , 11:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
Elara was a part of a story (Iokath) not an alert. As such if you bypassed that particular story to do Jedi Under Siege, you get the default selections for the various actions. So unless you provide any additional information, none of us can really comment on why you missed it.
Ahhhh! That makes more sense now. I bet that's what he did.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

RickShan
01.21.2019 , 01:21 PM | #7
It's the Lana Beniko syndrome, vanilla companions became pretty much meaningless when they introduced Lana.
The devs just keep giving her so much content that vanilla romances aren't that worthwhile imo. You just end up with a mute companion...
Just look at what happened to Vette, specially after they gave her a kill choice, bad idea...

Not that I belong in the "Lana Haters" cult, I actually like her, her romance is the one that feels more realistic imo, you choose one flirt option with some vanilla companions and the game insta considers you romantically involved with him/her and with no chance to break up before their reunion on the KOTET/KOTFE...

Quote: Originally Posted by Noerra View Post
It sounds like you jumped over Iokath story where Elara returns and has her returning talk. She comes back in the story itself not as alert, so if you did not do this part of the story game still considers you being in relationship with her but you have missed the part were you are reunited. I am really sorry if this happened to you.
And honestly he didn't lose much the reunions are pretty lackluster IMO.
Free stuff, 7 days free, and more!

http://www.swtor.com/r/yTvq3K

JuventusAndFCK
01.21.2019 , 02:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Noerra View Post
Out of curiosity, how much counts for a part of the Iokath story?
I didn't really care when I played it with my consular, but I was surprised that Elara just turned up in my companion selection.

I played the initial confrontation with Acina, having sided with the Republic, but after that and the conspiracy all I had left was a quest that seemed to be a side objective about killing droids, so I just ignored it and went onwards with other story content.

Is there more to it, or do you only get a "talking to" if you play as trooper?

ciombolo
01.22.2019 , 03:29 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
So, sorry if I didn't write all what I thought but...I didn't bypass Iokath
As all You said, I know the story on Iokath...she is there talking to me...true...but she said she is on 'duty for the Republic' and suddenly she is back to me (troopers) on Ossus like that?!? Like nothing?!? Make no sense 2 me....
Cos if I maxed 'chat/feelings/wedding' with Elara the game had to 'recognize' that...or not?
That's why I'm a bit angry...
Example...like Sith Sorcs get Khem Val back after little talking on Ossus...
Sorry to bother You all but it isn't fair to me! And ty ofc for this thread response.