Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did my monthly sub increase from $15 to $16.17?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did my monthly sub increase from $15 to $16.17?

Toraak
01.21.2019 , 10:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Actually would depend on the state with regard to the taxes. I pay $16.03 a month so it might be our taxes are a bit cheaper.
True, I'm just used to the 8% from where I am, but regardless Sales tax would explain why it is at roughly $16 + change.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

CaptRogue
01.21.2019 , 12:01 PM | #12
$16.45 here.
Happened a few years ago when the implemented taxing internet stuff. Stupid but hey the gov gotta get it's greedy hands in your money as much as possible.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Ardrossan
01.21.2019 , 03:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RafaelPeretz View Post
You better leave the country then, cause its the government putting its hands inside your pockets.
Where's Thomas Sowell when you need him??

Oh wait that was a different thread.

Dimoxinil
01.24.2019 , 02:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jawa View Post
I really haven't been playing SWTOR a lot lately, but I didn't see any updates as to why the costs would change. One more reason to leave SWTOR, but I was surprised at this after being in SWTOR since Day One.
If you’re in canada the tax went up from 7 to 15% for online services like netflix and i guess swtor falls in that as well.

Edit: only quebec actually. They added the provincial sales tax.

ElectroFidgit
01.25.2019 , 07:09 AM | #15
Just another reason to stay where I am. Still $14.99 USD for 30 day recurring here as well. This does make me think about buying more time at once in case my state follows suit.
Refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/K34j26