Flashpoint: Battle of Rishi - playable only in Veteran or Master Mode?

Hi all,

a few days ago I wanted to start the Flashpoint: Battle of Rishi with my Jedi Shadow in Story Mode and was quite surprised that the only options I got were Veteran and Master Mode, especially as I already played this solo with two Imperial characters without having any problems. I tried the following (without any success so far):

- selecting difficulty (character portrait)

- resetting the mission (abandoning it is not possible)

- log out/log in

- contacting Support

- filing a bug report

I know that I could find a group for doing the Flashpoint in Veteran Mode but I just want to do it solo to advance the story at my own pace. Just in case I missed something here I would be glad for any help.

Thanks!

My char is currently lvl 59 so that is not the problem. In the meantime Support contacted me and told me how to change the difficulty. Unfortunately, to do so I need to abandon the mission and that is not possible, I can only reset it. :(

My char is currently lvl 59 so that is not the problem. In the meantime Support contacted me and told me how to change the difficulty. Unfortunately, to do so I need to abandon the mission and that is not possible, I can only reset it. :(

There are two missions. One can be abandoned, and the other cannot.

One given as you enter (whether or not you are doing the SoR story), and the other is part of the SoR story, and asks you to complete the flashpoint. You *should* be able to abandon the "as you enter" oversion, which is the one that CS wanted you to abandon. (It has a yellow title in your on-screen mission tracker, while the SoR one has a purple title.)

There are two missions. One can be abandoned, and the other cannot.

One given as you enter (whether or not you are doing the SoR story), and the other is part of the SoR story, and asks you to complete the flashpoint. You *should* be able to abandon the "as you enter" oversion, which is the one that CS wanted you to abandon. (It has a yellow title in your on-screen mission tracker, while the SoR one has a purple title.)

I only have the mission with the purple title as I have not entered the flashpoint yet because I would have to do this on Veteran oder Master. I must admit I am confused...:confused:

Have you tried just walking in to the flashpoint as you have the story mission?

AFAIK none of the story flashpoints require you to set the difficulty or talk to the NPC outside - just walk / port inside once you have the story mission and it should be on story mode.

The other way to enter these is through the activities > solo tab, selecting a flashpoint in solo tab will auto port you to the start inside the instance, with the instance set to story, and whatever tracking mission required added to your log.

Edited by DawnAskham

Have you tried just walking in to the flashpoint as you have the story mission?

AFAIK none of the story flashpoints require you to set the difficulty or talk to the NPC outside - just walk / port inside once you have the story mission and it should be on story mode.

The other way to enter these is through the activities > solo tab, selecting a flashpoint in solo tab will auto port you to the start inside the instance, with the instance set to story, and whatever tracking mission required added to your log.

I have to talk to an NPC to start the flashpoint, and walking in does not work as the entrance is blocked. Also, I tried the activities (that is what Support told me) but the flashpoint is not even listed there, perhaps because I have to abandon the mission first which is not possible... :confused:

Level by other means to 60 first then try again. Make sure your "difficulty" setting is set to Story (right-click your character portrait and dig through the menus.

This. Solo mode flashpoints (whether that's Solo or Story, since BW decided to elf around with naming conventions) have a minimum level to enter. It's not a problem I generally encounter as I'm usually over level by the time I get to that point in the story, but I'm thinking the minimum level for Battle of Rishi is level 60 as that was the level cap in 3.0. If you open the Activities window, go to the Solo tab, and scroll through the list of flashpoints and Battle of Rishi is not listed then you are not high enough level to enter it. Go level up and check again.

You can see this while leveling a character. A character that is just leaving Tython for Coruscant, around level 15~20, will only see Esseles on there Activities window. Taral V will show up around level 30. False Emperor only becomes available at level 50. All three of the Traitor arc flashpoints will appear in the list of Solo flashpoints as soon as a character hits level 70, whether they have progressed to that point of the story or not.

(whether that's Solo or Story, since BW decided to elf around with naming conventions)

In fact, it is perfectly logical now.(1) [sOLO] is for people doing the story, and [sTORY] is for people who want to play the Flashpoint solo.

(1) The sparks, flames and smoke are nothing to do with an overload in your sarcasm detector.

Okay, I am still slightly confused because I read somewhere that Battle of Rishi was for chars lvl 55+ but obvoiusly not in Story Mode. My char just reached lvl 60 and... now the flashpoint is listed in the groupfinder… *facepalm*

I guess I need some days off...

Thanks so much to all of you for helping me! :)