This game becomes hard to play

bladech

Today i bought wrong set bonus pants on my marauder from tech fragment vendor, didn't touch them at all, didn't change anything on them and wanted to sell them back for full refund yet i see that now i can't sell them back for full 1 million and 3000 fragments refund. I know you wanted to stop players from changing amplifiers on items which were bought from tech fragment vendor and selling them back for another try yet other players who bought some things from tech fragment vendor by mistake suffer now since they can't refund items which were bought by mistake! Why you just didn't make so that player's could not refund things which were bought from tech fragment vendor only after they used them in any way??:( Edited by bladech

Well, hard to say, you just have to be more careful next time :)

It would be ok if these set bonus gear parts were sorted well. Yet when i open my class vendor i see them spread out in chaotic way - same set bonus gear parts are separated from each other or mixed with tactical items between them lol. And in the past we had opportunity to refund things which we bought by mistake which was a good QoL thing. Yet devs just took it from us now

It would be ok if these set bonus gear parts were sorted well. Yet when i open my class vendor i see them spread out in chaotic way - same set bonus gear parts are separated from each other or mixed with tactical items between them lol. And in the past we had opportunity to refund things which we bought by mistake which was a good QoL thing. Yet devs just took it from us now

They are listed in alphabetical order.

But still, i was wondering how all the pvp players had those gold amps on them so easily.

Same thing just happened to me, wrong mouse button on trying to preview it and now I'm a million credits in the hole for a useless set bonus I can no desire to actually buy. Considering how much faster 3,000 fragments comes than a million credits it's really ridiculous, but then again 6.0 is all about screwing us over to drain our credits in the vain hopes that players with billions of credits will stop making said billions from the GTN. As for sorting, tbh set bonuses and tacticals should be in seperate vendors entirely. just to lessen the strain they're putting on a UI that doesn't handle such long lists well.

There is no recourse, and kanneg clearly has no real respect for the player who only get a few hours in the evenings to play and can't just throw away a million credits like it's nothing.

Edited by ShinLunaAzure

Same thing just happened to me, wrong mouse button on trying to preview it and now I'm a million credits in the hole for a useless set bonus I can no desire to actually buy. Considering how much faster 3,000 fragments comes than a million credits it's really ridiculous, but then again 6.0 is all about screwing us over to drain our credits in the vain hopes that players with billions of credits will stop making said billions from the GTN. As for sorting, tbh set bonuses and tacticals should be in seperate vendors entirely. just to lessen the strain they're putting on a UI that doesn't handle such long lists well.

There is no recourse, and kanneg clearly has no real respect for the player who only get a few hours in the evenings to play and can't just throw away a million credits like it's nothing.

So if the duck can't swim it's the river's fault and not the duck's ?

ur logic is wrong. Swtor always had refund chance for those who made a mistake. Same refund policy was for tech fragment vendor. People make mistakes, but it's a game - it should provide maximum QoL things for players as possible. In all mmo games if you bought something u can refund it for full price for some time or until you use it for something. Yet because of abusers who bought tech fragment items and tried to change amps/sell back if unlucky devs decided to ruin QoL for EVERYONE, even for those who didn't abuse anything. Now all players have no right on mistake

This problem literally didn't exist last week. It's a contrivance and unnecessary because they wanted a lazy solution to a problem that should have been fixed by adjusting how the game handles RNG on vendor items by fixing the seed.

doesn't change the fact some set pieces spread in chaotic way

I was agreeing with you dude, not every quote reply is a retort.

Edited by ShinLunaAzure

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there even a secondary warning saying the item is not refundable, are you sure you want to purchase it? I know personally, when I get this message in game it will prompt me to take a quick look to ensure I'm purchasing the right item. I just can't remember if they have something similar with tech frag vendors.

Wow... ok this is a ridiculous change. So people could gamble the shell amps. Not the end of the world.

It would be easier to just limit the number of time an item could be refunded. I really dislike these unthoughtful changes they make. They are really annoying.

Same thing with nerfing the set bonus of the right price for DPS powertech/vanguards and giving a slap in the face of tanks by extension ruining their only decent set bonus. Now it's still good for DPS, just not OP. For tanks it's completely trashed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there even a secondary warning saying the item is not refundable, are you sure you want to purchase it? I know personally, when I get this message in game it will prompt me to take a quick look to ensure I'm purchasing the right item. I just can't remember if they have something similar with tech frag vendors.

I'll have to go make another 3000 fragments to test it, the option description visible is long redundant since it talks about commendations which haven't been a thing since before kotfe. Regardless, this problem didn't exist last week and shouldn't have been added this week. Not everyone can throw away a million credits and shrug it off, and the stupidly low tech fragment cap means you can only ever make one purchase per trip anyway.

Wow... ok this is a ridiculous change. So people could gamble the shell amps. Not the end of the world.

It would be easier to just limit the number of time an item could be refunded. I really dislike these unthoughtful changes they make. They are really annoying.

Same thing with nerfing the set bonus of the right price for DPS powertech/vanguards and giving a slap in the face of tanks by extension ruining their only decent set bonus. Now it's still good for DPS, just not OP. For tanks it's completely trashed.

It's just a lazy solution that adds another problem. But a problem they're fine with because it forces you to go and grind more and reinforces the countless credit sinks in the game because kanneg doesn't like some players having a billion credits and thinks flat taxing every other player millions of credits is the solution. The real solution would be to just fix the seed on RNG items from vendors so if you refunded and rebought it you'd get the same stuff and would have to actually use their intended reroll system.

Edited by ShinLunaAzure

This problem literally didn't exist last week. It's a contrivance and unnecessary because they wanted a lazy solution to a problem that should have been fixed by adjusting how the game handles RNG on vendor items by fixing the seed.

I was agreeing with you dude, not every quote reply is a retort.

Agree. We always had an opportunity to refund all we bought by mistake back for original price. However, because of some abusers devs decided to provide a lazy solution with unforseen consequences for players since we are deprived of right on mistake now... one-two clicks and you get a thing you never need for a big price while swtor is only a game... people are playing it after job or study and ofc they may misclick something while using vendors.

New merciless approach on redunds only shows how they care...easy solution on not easy problem

Edited by omaan

Regarding the briefly mentioned issue on sorting.

While they may be alphabetical, that doesn't help when you have "bracer of xxxx" and "legplates of xxxx"

I would much rather they be sorted by complete set, separated by a tactical or two.