Imperial Agents going Light Side?

Malleable

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My agent started out 50/50 light and dark, then veered to mostly light by the end of the game. If someone really p*sses him off or has it coming, he has no problem giving them what they deserve, but otherwise he isn't cruel. It's a really good way to play the agent. You get to be a basically good guy, but when the light side choices get sappy, you pick something else.

Kaliyo and I got along really well at the start, but by the end she didn't know what had gotten into me ;).

All Light side responses except for one that would have killed affection points for SCORPIO. Keeping Kaliyo happy with the LS responses was impossible, so I simply bought her affection and lived with the negatives.

Being a good guy fighting an uphill battle in a world filled with DS Sith makes for an interesting story line but it was definitely easier to keep Kaliyo happy as a DS IA.

Honestly never had any issues keeping Kaliyo happy as LS. There are a surprising number of times when she likes a LS choice. It's more about the reason for your decision, who you're trying to please. Sometimes when you're given different LS options, there's one she'll like and one she won't like. She likes it when you think independently and don't lick the Empire's boots. She doesn't like it if you're nice for the sake of being nice, you have to spin it in a way that benefits you.

• 9 months later...

The Empire side is natively Dark Side. You will find in most situations that either you choose a dark side option or a no-alignment gain option. Just like it happens with the Republic. If you intend to play the Empire, also have in mind that in group choices most people will expect you to choose the dark side options and someone may get pissed because of your lightside choices.

If you do not like dark side I suggest you to remain at Repubic.

Maybe Bioware will add the changing sides option. Would be awesome being a "Republic Operative" or "Imperial Commando".

Edited by AmphysvenaCorp

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't really been paying attention to which choices are Light or Dark at all; I've just been choosing which one made sense for my character. I just finished Chapter II and find my sniper bouncing between Dark I and II pretty frequently. Possibly that says something about my personality. ;)

also have in mind that in group choices most people will expect you to choose the dark side options and someone may get pissed because of your lightside choices..

Why? They lose nothing. What you do in any given FP/Heroic doesn't change and they/you don't get penalised either way.

If you have 4 in your group, just selecting a different dialogue option nets you 4 points, 8 points if you win the roll.

And if anything, after levelling 4 characters to 55 in quick succession. No one I've met has ever said anything or left the group because of my choices(light/dark). Only one person dropped a comment on some quest when I spared someone, "You have to be kidding, you must have a heart of gold or something!".

• 1 month later...
Started out playing a more grey Agent, which I think fits the class at it's best. Someone willing to do what it takes to benefit the Empire no matter if that's killing or letting someone go. But eventually, (And with the help of Diplomacy) I ended up playing lightside. I think it can still fit. Though depending on which out come you want in the end simply picking the option with no lightside or darkside alignment works too.

• 2 weeks later...

Light Agent from day one.... actually light everything. I am too much of a boy scout to be any other way I guess. I always imagined my agent like The Operative from Serenity. He knows he has to do some evil things (which even a light side agent still does) for what he perceives as the betterment of the good. Granted I think that character is willing to do a bit more slaughtering than my light side agent is willing to do, but it was all in the name of the Alliance/Empire.

I feel like just going through the whole arc trying to be as light as i could really leads to a fulfilling conclusion when deciding how the agent wants to handle his future and serve "the greater good." Even more so since I am a healer Op who spends his time healing people more than slaughtering.

I also imagined all those people I ended up sparing as potential future contacts a spy needs should he have to do something in that area again. I know the game has some of those instances pop up but I wish they were more and pronounced so you get that feel of setting up contacts that you could have just easily killed.

On the comments that people get pissed when you select a light response while everyone else is dark, i think "pissed" might be too strong a word. i have done hundreds of FPs on a multiple Empire characters and I have yet to have anyone get pissed per se. I get a lot of really? and a couple Boos ... but no one just completely angry that they had to see a light choice dialogue. I usually just say i am a "dirty hippy lightsider" which gets a few laughs and we carry on with the flashpoint.

No one I've met has ever said anything or left the group because of my choices(light/dark). Only one person dropped a comment on some quest when I spared someone, "You have to be kidding, you must have a heart of gold or something!".

Someone joked I was a "rubbish Sith" for taking prisonners in Boarding Party, as an inquisitor. :D

And I've seen a few groan when the light side option won the roll on some such choices. I've never met anyone who took it super-srs, though.

For an agent, there are certainly a few times where picking the light side option feels like it could put your mission in jeopardy, that it's taking unnecessary risks for a wrong cause. Depends how much you care about that. I rarely end up with pure light or dark characters because sometimes the choices seem really stupid or extreme.

One that left me a rather bad taste (class neutral, makeb spoilers)

Spend my precious few resources to rescue a team of trapped mercenaries after they tried to kill me (stupid) or have most of them executed and the rest tortured as an example (extreme), no middle ground, really ?

• 2 weeks later...

I played my Agent mostly neutral, not really deliberately, I just picked whichever option suited his philosophy of 'do whatever is required to complete the mission and protect the Empire.'

After about the end of Chapter 1 I found myself drifting more and more light side though, simply because, imho, the 'Do whatever is necessary' DS options became much less common, and there were far more of the' murder everyone for the lulz!" options.

I think I finished out at Light II.

Edited by jovianus

So I have been thinking about trying out the Empire side, but will dont want to be Dark Side.

Would Imperial Agents be handicapped by maxing out Light Side points?

Thanks,

Mal

The thing with the Imperial Agent that I found very interesting (the best class story, btw) was that Harper started as a die hard, true believer (lots of DS decisions) but, through the natural progression of MY story and how I wanted to shape my IA... and everything that happens- by the end, I was picking more and more LS options.

I played my Agent mostly neutral, not really deliberately, I just picked whichever option suited his philosophy of 'do whatever is required to complete the mission and protect the Empire.'

After about the end of Chapter 1 I found myself drifting more and more light side though, simply because, imho, the 'Do whatever is necessary' DS options became much less common, and there were far more of the' murder everyone for the lulz!" options.

I think I finished out at Light II.

Exactly this.