My new PC - How will it fare?

Okanitu

I apologize in advanced if this is the wrong forums for this, but I did not see any Tech forums.

Here is the PC I have purchased and should be here sometime early January...

CyberPower X58 Configurator CFGI7, http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_X58_Configurator/

*BASE_PRICE: [+949]

BLUETOOTH: None

CAS: * Azza Solano 1000 Full-Tower Advance Cooling Case w/ Dual 230mm Fan + Extra 3 Fans [+61]

CASUPGRADE: 12in Cold Cathode Neon Light [+10] (Blue Color)

CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2: None

COOLANT: Standard Coolant

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-960 3.20 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366

CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]

ENGRAVING: NONE

FA_HDD: None

FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fan [+15])

FLASHMEDIA: None

GLASSES: None

HDD: * 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 525MB/s Read & 475MB/s Write (Single Drive)

HDD2: None

IEEE_CARD: None

IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD: Razer Lycosa Black USB Gaming Keyboard [+63]

MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Kingston HyperX)

MONITOR: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VS247H-P LCD [+157]

MONITOR2: None

MONITOR3: None

MOPAD1: Razer Sphex Gaming Grade Desktop Skins Mouse Pad [+13]

MOTHERBOARD: * (3-Way SLI Support) GigaByte G1.Sniper Intel X58 SLI/CrossFireX Triple-Channel DDR3 E-ATX w/ 7.1 Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity/Dolby Digital Live Audio, Bigfoot Killer E2100 GbLAN, eSATA, USB3, 2x SATA3 RAID, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI

MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NCSW: None

NETWORK: Killer™ 2100 - Gigabit Maximum Network Performance Online Gaming Network Interface Card [+89]

OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)

OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]

POWERSUPPLY: * 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+139]

RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOFT1: Free Microsoft® Office® 2010 STARTER EDITION (Reduced-Functionality versions of Word and Excel that include advertising) [+0]

SOUND: * Asus Xonar DS 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Audio Card [+49]

SPEAKERS: Logitech Z313 2.1 DT speaker [+48]

TEMP: None

TVRC: None

USB: None

USBFLASH: None

USBHD: None

USBX: None

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+197] (EVGA Superclocked [+25])

VIDEO2: None

VIDEO3: None

VIDEOCAMERA1: Logitech Webcam C210 [+29]

WNC: PCI Wireless 802.11n 150Mbps Network Interface Card [+19]

_PRICE: (+1995)

_view_: {0FDAE2D8-5218-4C46-B4F8-D7E33033D1EF}

_load_: 12/16/2011 10:41:19 AM

So, will I be able to play at max settings?

You purchased a really really bad video card with that deal and got an outdated first series i7 cpu. The video card you purchased will be no greater than standard on board graphics. I don't think you'll be particularly happy with your performance in game.

The video card you purchased will be no greater than standard on board graphics.

Ummmm, no.

Not sure what you are talking about in regards to the graphics card. Have the exact same one and I can run everything at high settings, get 100+ fps.

Also works wonders on other games (MW, BF, Batman Ark, etc...).

Have never had a problem with it not running anything at high settings, completely satisfied with it.

Edited by Pugz

The hardware will play the game fine, but with only a 60 GB hard drive, you will be hurting for space soon. Hopefully you plan on installing an additional drive for storage.

This! My windows 7 install is 30gb. The client install for SWTOR is 18.5GB. Not a whole lot of space for anything else.

Ummmm, no.

Not sure what you are talking about in regards to the graphics card. Have the exact same one and I can run everything at high settings, get 100+ fps.

Also works wonders on other games (MW, BF, Batman Ark, etc...).

Have never had a problem with it not running anything at high settings, completely satisfied with it.

Sorry but that is just not true. He got a 520. That is standard on board graphcis. To run BF3 at 100+ FPS like you claim you'd need at minimum a 460 gtx (and I don't even think you could be running 100+ at medium with a 1080p setting like the OP got based on his monitor), to run it on anything other than medium at 100+ FPS you go into the category of SLI 560ti's or a 570 or a 580.

As others have said his operating system is going to take at least 28 gigs and that's if he knows how to prioritize his system dumps otherwise that will keep growing to be 60 gigs plus. The game itself is another 20+ gigs. Add in any form of media, random programs, browsers, etc. and the HD will be full within an hour of use.

Edited by Repans

Sorry but that is just not true. He got a 520. That is standard on board graphcis. To run BF3 at 100+ FPS like you claim you'd need at minimum a 460 gtx, to run it on anything other than medium at 100+ FPS you go into the category of SLI 560ti's or a 570 or a 580.

As others have said his operating system is going to take at least 28 gigs and that's if he knows how to prioritize his system dumps otherwise that will keep growing to be 60 gigs plus. The game itself is another 20+ gigs. Add in any form of media, random programs, browsers, etc. and the HD will be full within an hour of use.

According to the specs listed above he got

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card

That should certainly be sufficient for anything TOR could throw at it. Mind you the HD still sucks, and will soon render the machine unusable.

Edited by split_light

According to the specs listed above he got

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card

That should certainly be sufficient for anything TOR could throw at it.

The link shows that he got this : Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA) and that upgrading to what you said would have been another 156 dollars.

So I don't know which is right. The link and the specs he copy pasted are different. I was going off of the link because the formatting of the copy paste was rough on the eyes. If he actually did get a 560ti then yes you are correct. Still sad to see that if he did that he would have spent over 1100 USD. Making a similar system costs around 800 dollars right now and that would be with an upgraded motherboard and CPU to a 2500k :/

Edited by Repans

I got the 560 guys. The Overclocked version as well.

Yeesh.

But yes...Im immediately wishing I got an extra HD.

Having said that, I've got a 600gig HD gaming rig (few years old) which will be sitting right next to this one.

So I'll be ok....for now. But yeah, def shoulda got one.

The link shows that he got this : Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA) and that upgrading to what you said would have been another 156 dollars.

So I don't know which is right. The link and the specs he copy pasted are different. I was going off of the link because the formatting of the copy paste was rough on the eyes. If he actually did get a 560ti then yes you are correct. Still sad to see that if he did that he would have spent over 1100 USD. Making a similar system costs around 800 dollars right now and that would be with an upgraded motherboard and CPU to a 2500k :/

You are probably right, Im not terribly knowledgable on creating PCs, and Im sure I overpayed.

I am getting a nice monitor/speakers/mouse/keyboard though, as well as a custom tower.

Worth the upcharge? Probably not. At least I know it'll be created right though.