Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

bodhisattvasw

Those that use the "Leave Warzone" option are, actually, following the rules of the game.

Leaving a warzone is not a rule, its a option, a costly egotistical option.

When that option is used, the other 7 people suffer and lose a player that could of helped won the game, not to mention a backfill player has to deal with it since that spot is open and vacant.

When you give a option for people to use for discretion, its gets abused, and believe me when I say people abuse the right to leave warzones and to let everyone else clean the mess they just left.

The rage quitters leave a mess of a warzone, and expect everyone else to clean that mess, not to mention blames everyone else but themselves why they left.

It's the old "I didn't do anything, everyone else is a bad, I pay a sub so I don't need to stay with bads".

"Those" people deserve a deserter buff, there is no excuse for that behavior.

I would be glad to take a deserter buff if I left a match like that, I deserve to get punished for my actions leaving others to deal with the match without my help, not to mention its rude allowing another person to log into that match I just left, I just wasted their time didn't I.

The selfish attitude people play with in this games is baffling and sicking.

Edited by Caeliux

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Grown men and women have to be forced to do something they don't enjoy doing, people who exercise a perfectly legitimate in-game option are bad people, everyone should play the way I want them to or get punished, and adults should all be treated like misbehaving children because I demand it" is, on the other hand, a perfectly healthy attitude.

"Grown men and women have to be forced to do something they don't enjoy doing, people who exercise a perfectly legitimate in-game option are bad people, everyone should play the way I want them to or get punished, and adults should all be treated like misbehaving children because I demand it" is, on the other hand, a perfectly healthy attitude.

As is ignoring arguments that could potentially change his mind apparently :confused:

So the only legit reason to quit a warzone or RL match is a 911 emergency?

So the next time my 2 year old wakes up crying in the night, and i happen to be in a WZ...ill just ignore her cries until i see that huttball game through! One day i'll explain about the quitter mentality to her, surely she'll understand!

Oh someone knocking at my door!? Pfft, nvm that. They will come back if it was something important!

Oh gawd, Novar Coast! I hate this warzone, never liked it at all.... Ohwell, ill need to see this through because this is not about me having fun, it's about teamspirit. My evening ending up with 6 Novar Coast out of 8 warzones is a small price to pay for that!

Damn my slow loadtime....but i totally deserve a debuff if the door shuts right before my nose and i can't make it out from spawn before the timer kicks me out. I should have known better!

Oi woman, go away! Can't you see im in the middle of Voidstar here!? -This is a totally correct way to handle if the wife storms in demanding help with something!

Oh man....must be something i ate, but i really gtg on the toilet right now...no wait, just like your kids playing a match ill just have to let it go where i am. Anything for that winner mentality! And obviously, if i or your kids would run off to the can, we should either get punished or a serious talksession about teamspirit!

I could go on with more super nice scenarios for awhile, but ill refrain and just be happy you're neither my parent, boss or trainer =)

Put simply,

I understand life happens. I've been there, we all have..

When I leave a wz I leave my entire team at a disadvantage for MY convinience/purpose. I would gladly take a bebuff to not que again for 10-15mins because of this.

Your scenarios aren't very supportive either.

Put simply,

When I leave a wz I leave my entire team at a disadvantage for MY convenience/purpose. I would gladly take a bebuff to not que again for 10-15mins because of this.

Well said and so would I.

Put simply,

When I leave a wz I leave my entire team at a disadvantage for MY convinience/purpose. I would gladly take a bebuff to not que again for 10-15mins because of this.

Your scenarios aren't very supportive either.

And if you truly wholeheartedly hated, say Voidstar. Would you also gladly take a 10-15min debuff for leaving, or would you deem it fair to be forced to play something that you dislike so strongly?

What if you load in slowly and dont have a chance to leave the spawn before kickout?

What if you enter as backfiller for someone else who did leave?

What if your entire team gave up and you're the only one that keeps going?

Etc.

EDIT: My scenarios that you quoted, i made those in response to the post i quoted -to show that you can't really compare RL "football" with pvp...and even if you do there are things that allows you to quit the game without punishments whatsoever - one of them being if your entire team is doing something else rather then trying to score.

Edited by Twin

Leaving a warzone is an option that should always be available. A quitter's debuff is ridiculous.

You know what is ridiculous, rage quitters that leave a mess for others to clean up.

People want instant gratification with a "I leave button", and I want consequences for clicking it.

I think they should add lets say 3 times for free you can leave, after that you get a penalty, you should only be aloud to screw everyone else's time up a few times.

Pretty sure when defending a pylon and getting defender points, you cannot be kicked. And even if it did, players would shoot once, get into combat, and then troll you. I don't disagree it's an issue, but there are plenty of instances where backfillers have helped the team compared to those that left; and vice versa, it's hard not to leave a WZ, when bads geared in greens or just absolutely do not pay attention to chat/objectives, continue to make the 15 minutes or so a colossal waste of someone elses time. It goes both ways, therefore IMO it's a moot issue.

Lastly, I'll let my agent Caeliux answer any other questions you may have, he's a Sith Lord and understands the basics more than I.

Completely agree. As much as I'd like it some days, it would create even more issues with complete sabotage from people upset they need to waste the next 15min with you.

We also have the issue of disconnects and loading screens screwing up queues. I play to be with my friends - if they don't get in, I have no issue leaving to re-join them. "Usually", I don't because we all understand the problem that creates...but I have and I will in the future when something happens beyond our control.

I think they should add lets say 3 times for free you can leave, after that you get a penalty, you should only be aloud to screw everyone else's time up a few times.

I would actually be ok with a 3-strike limit. Decent compromise.

Personally, I don't want a WZ quitters cooldown or any negative system of the sort. Think about it, if those 4 people didn't quit the wz, you will have 4 AFKers instead. At least with 4 people leaving you can get people in the match who will make an effort to win. I have been in a ton of WZs, where quite a few people quit the WZ, yet we came back and won.

The only thing I would want is for a WZ to just close down instead of constantly filling in new people if people are just constantly leaving. I have been in WZs where the other team is just slaughtering us, so by the end of the match 10+ people have left on our team making it impossible to win because you constantly have a team of 5-6 people, since people are leaving faster than they are joining.

Edited by Zorash

Personally, I don't want a WZ quitters cooldown or any negative system of the sort. Think about it, if those 4 people didn't quit the wz, you will have 4 AFKers instead

You mean 4 children that scream in general chat and call people names blaming everyone but themselves?

Well that already is happening without a deserter buff, least with punishment they could go into a timeout phase and think about the next time they act like a little baby.

Catch my drift?

Rules applied means people would need to follow them, no excuse mentally beats and cry baby mentally any day.

Trust me I raise a kid and know how to parent, Bioware needs to take lessons..

Edited by Caeliux

You mean 4 children that scream in general chat and call people names blaming everyone but themselves?

Well that already is happening without a deserter buff, least with punishment they could go into a timeout phase and think about the next time they act like a little baby.

Ok, I have to ask, but do you know what AFK means?

I ask because whenever someone uses it in an argument you responses don't seem to fit it's definition.

And if you truly wholeheartedly hated, say Voidstar. Would you also gladly take a 10-15min debuff for leaving, or would you deem it fair to be forced to play something that you dislike so strongly?

What if you load in slowly and dont have a chance to leave the spawn before kickout?

Etc.

EDIT: My scenarios that you quoted, i made those in response to the post i quoted -to show that you can't really compare RL "football" with pvp...and even if you do there are things that allows you to quit the game without punishments whatsoever - one of them being if your entire team is doing something else rather then trying to score.

That is what comes with wz's and pug'ing it up. You take those risks. I admit it sucks to get the same wz's but that's how it is. Leaving a team handicapped by you leaving only makes hurts everyone else.

Never had that happen, if so then I imagine your frame-rate in the wz will hinder you more, mabye even dc you. You might want to check it out. But never had it happen so /shrug.

BW has already said they would be addressing this to help prevent such cases.

Then keep going? I mean you can't win them all. If you have the motive to not quit in the wz I don't understand why you would leave. But like I said, that's what comes with pug'ing it up.

Yeah, clearly dude does not know what AFK means. Also, if people are either quitting WZs on him all the time and/or raging at him in chat, it's entirely possible that he's not very good at PvP. Which would sorta make sense, and would be why he wants to force people to continue playing with him.

What he definitely doesn't seem to unnderstand is that everyone else's time and in-game experience is just as valuable to them as his is to him. If I'm trying to finish the weekly, and I get into a WZ where the outcome is fairly clear in the first two minutes - not a great back and forth like I played last night, but one where for mismatch reasons or whatever you're just clearly going to lose - then spending an additional 10-12 minutes in there is a complete waste of my time. And I can't say this clearly enough, my time is not yours to waste. Waste all of your own time that you want, stick around and get some medals, good for you! If I can get a more rewarding game experience by trying a different WZ, then that's what I'm going to do.

It says a lot that someone can sit here and decry getting raged at on ops chat in a WZ while resorting to repeated name calling in this thread. Calling anyone over the age of 3 a "little baby" stopped being a good tactic in maybe 4th grade.

Yeah, clearly dude does not know what AFK means. Also, if people are either quitting WZs on him all the time and/or raging at him in chat, it's entirely possible that he's not very good at PvP. Which would sorta make sense, and would be why he wants to force people to continue playing with him.

Some of my most enjoyable regular WZs have been turning around a match after several quitters left. I had one of these just last night. Addition by subtraction ...

What he definitely doesn't seem to understand is that everyone else's time and in-game experience is just as valuable to them as his is to him. If I'm trying to finish the weekly, and I get into a WZ where the outcome is fairly clear in the first two minutes - not a great back and forth like I played last night, but one where for mismatch reasons or whatever you're just clearly going to lose - then spending an additional 10-12 minutes in there is a complete waste of my time.

Notice how you say this,

"I'm trying to finish the weekly, and I get into a WZ where the outcome is fairly clear in the first two minutes - not a great back and forth like I played last night, but one where for mismatch reasons or whatever you're just clearly going to lose - then spending an additional 10-12 minutes in there is a complete waste of my time."

And you become self absorbed about "your time".

Let me explain something, when people become self absorbed and egotistical about "their time", they screw other people in the process by quitting a warzone and ruining "other peoples time".

Does that make sense or do I need to explain what the word egotistical?

Fact is since Bioware allows players to be lazy and inconsiderate when it comes to the "Leave Warzone" button, and they know they should rethink the method of madness when it comes to it.

Will they pull the trigger who knows.

And it still gives no excuse to use it like players do, not to mention the excuses to use that button puts games into chaotic proportions.

Edited by Caeliux

That is what comes with wz's and pug'ing it up. You take those risks. I admit it sucks to get the same wz's but that's how it is. Leaving a team handicapped by you leaving only makes hurts everyone else.

Never had that happen, if so then I imagine your frame-rate in the wz will hinder you more, mabye even dc you. You might want to check it out. But never had it happen so /shrug.

BW has already said they would be addressing this to help prevent such cases.

Then keep going? I mean you can't win them all. If you have the motive to not quit in the wz I don't understand why you would leave. But like I said, that's what comes with pug'ing it up.

* I pay to have fun, give me one single good reason why i should keep doing that if i have to endure warzones i hate? No, if any form of debuff would be approaching, they would have to give us the option to either exclude or chose warzones first or lose a bunch of subs for sure.

I didn't chose to enter that WZ and there is simply no way i would stay in this game if had was forced potentially spend all my spare time doing stuff i dont want to. Im sure im not alone.

* I had that happen, no idea why and i usually have no problems - but ill tell you, i would be pretty annoyed to get locked out because of it.

* Yes, they're gonna reduce the chance but afaik there will still be times when you backfill, or did i get that wrong? If so, the question remains.

* Keep going!? Seriously, if everyone in my team has given up and im the only one trying , i should have a justified RIGHT to leave. Again i request; In such cases (Which do happen alot) give me one good reason why I should be punished for leaving?

There simply are no justified reasons to punish players for leaving in many cases, most often there are other players causing it - and those are the ones who would do well learning a lesson.

You are pointing your finger in the wrong direction, its uncoopreative players and BW's systems that makes ppl wanna leave a WZ in most cases. Fix that first, and then im all for punishing anyone who leaves a warzone.

I'd just like to add to this thread that winning a warzone after people bail is extremely satisfying. Me and my buddies (new subs in mostly 'cruit gear) got chewed out before a VoidStar for being a "premade of 14kers" and then three people bailed. We won the warzone and then I whispered the guy who called us out and told him he should have stayed so we could carry his pathetic self. Then he put me on ignore, I guess he didn't like me telling him about himself :rolleyes:.

Let me explain something, when people become self absorbed and egotistical about "their time", they screw other people in the process by quitting a warzone and ruining "other peoples time"

If you're such a hotshot, you can win with 6 or 7 other people whether I stay in the WZ or not. If you aren't, well, that's on you, not me.