Swoop Race General Bugs

DrakeVenku

More Swoop Race bugs --

COMPANIONS -- Companions keep returning after talking to people. Dismissed companions should stay gone.

TURBO -- After collecting 3 orbs, you can use Turbo once. After that, no matter how many orbs you collect, the power never activates again. (This is different from PTS where every 3 orbs worked.)

MINES -- Sometimes the slow effect of a mine doesn't wear off. I had this happen about 1 in 20.

INVISIBLE MINES -- After someone sets off a mine it disappears for a short time, but it is still active and will explode if driven over. Thus, the mines turn invisible for intervals but are still dangerous.

ONDERON PIT SCREAMERS -- Sometimes you get in a state where you cannot successfully complete the race, because the Jump counter marks itself complete and stops counting. IE: You need X jumps, after you make X-1 jumps the screen flashes that you're complete on that objective and stops counting, but when you finish the race it thinks you did X-1 jumps, so it fails. Relogging helps with some people.

SHARED TARGETS -- On Blatent Beks races, you get credit for lighting fireworks even if someone a few seconds ahead of you already activated the platform. You don't always get credit for blowing up the same pile of munitions. In addition, it's hard to tell whether you hit or missed when the person on the track with you blows it up at about the same time.

ONDERON RAMP TRAP -- If you log out while standing half way up the Onderon racing ramp, when you log back in, you are halfway through the ramp and stuck. Even worse, /STUCK does not release you, nor does mounting or using a movement ability (leaping/etc). You have to rezone to escape (IE: go to a SH or Fleet).

TATOOINE PLATFORM TRAP -- I logged out on the Tatooine race platform and logged in halfway through it, standing on the stand. Using /Stuck just moved me a few feet to one side, still trapped with my head and shoulders in the platform above.

NO JUMP ACTIVATION -- Sometimes on the Tatooine jump on top of the broken sand crawler, the boost doesn't activate when you go up the ramp, and you land in a raw section of the sand crawler, where only /STUCK gets you out.

BROKEN CUT SCENES -- The Blatent Bek cut scene is broken on Onderon. You only see rocks from underground. The Blatent Bek cut scene on Dantooine showed me several sections of waving grass from very close up.

ZELLA WHO? -- When talking to Zella on Dantooine, other players do not disappear during the cut scene. With crowds, you can spend the entire scene staring at the back of other players and not see Zella much at all.

SUPPORT DROID PREVIEW -- You can't preview the support droid pet when talking to vendors.

FLOATING DECOS -- All 3 Fan Posters and Banners float about a foot away from whatever wall

General issues...

MYSTERY MISSION -- You don't see your mission goals until after the race begins, when you start moving down the track, at which point it's too late to read. The mission goals should pop up along with the request to proceed to the gate. That way, the time you spend creeping up to the gate is useful, it's a little time to figure out what you're supposed to be doing.

WEEKLY MISSIONS -- The weekly missions terminal is far from the regular missions terminal on Dantooine. Quite a few people did at least 1 of those missions before discovering and accepting the roll-up missions (such as doing all 9 races), thus they were unable to complete it. While you can do the rest of the races later, it leaves that toon out of sync every day. Move the Weekly/etc roll-up mission terminal to be next to the other terminals. (It's fine on other planets because you have to pass this terminal to get to the faction mission terminals.)

RING AND RAMP DECOS -- They only work with Floor Large hooks, which means you can't place enough of them to build a race course in your stronghold. They need to work with at least Medium hooks, too.

Edited by Xina_LA

Did anyone finish "Horizons Perfection" on Onderon? Did it 3 times now, even scanning the whole course for orbs i might have missed at some point, never got the chevo. Timer isnt expired, i collect every orb i know, didnt hit any obsticle - no chevo.

Is it bugged as well or do i miss something? Does hiting the rocks in the caves count as hiting obsticles?

edit: nvm, seems to be know already and indeed bugged.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=981317

Edited by mrphstar

More Swoop Race bugs --

COMPANIONS -- Companions keep returning after talking to people. Dismissed companions should stay gone.

That's not a Swoop Race bug. It is a long-standing thing that I first saw years ago when I tried to have an M!Trooper talk to (and [Flirt] with) Jaxo on Coruscant without Jorgan going all sour-faced lemon-eater(1) on me about it.

It failed because (a) he disapproved anyway, and (b) he reappeared immediately after the cut-scene.

(1) You know, the expression of sour disapproval where someone looks like they have a mouthful of lemons.

In the Onderon/Beks course, there's a pair of bomb targets near the beginning, just after you veer right in the canyon and go up the ramp to the little elevated road up top.

One of them is down in the canyon to the left, and the other is trying to hide under the right-hand edge of the little road as it turns back over the canyon.

BUG: if you target the one down in the canyon, usually the one up top blows up instead.

I concur. Seeing NPCs clipping their bodies into the metal floor grating of this event is a real turn-off.

Also, seeing NPCs in 'leaning' positions when they are not leaning against anything at all.

Really, BW? :rolleyes:

Edited by JepFareborn

I concur. Seeing NPCs clipping their bodies into the metal floor grating of this event is a real turn-off.

Also, seeing NPCs in 'leaning' positions when they are not leaning against anything at all.

Really, BW? :rolleyes:

It's all the explosions, it's scaring the crap out of them, so they are hiding under the bleechers

More bugs...

* ONDERON PIT SCREAMERS -- Sometimes you get in a state where you cannot successfully complete the race, because the Jump counter marks itself complete and stops counting. IE: You need X jumps, after you make X-1 jumps the screen flashes that you're complete on that objective and stops counting, but when you finish the race it thinks you did X-1 jumps, so it fails. Relogging helps with some people.

* INVISIBLE MINES -- After someone sets off a mine it disappears for a short time, but it is still active and will explode if driven over. Thus, the mines turn invisible for intervals but are still dangerous.

* NO JUMP ACTIVATION -- Sometimes on the Tatooine jump on top of the broken sand crawler, the boost doesn't activate when you go up the ramp, and you land in a raw section of the sand crawler, where only /STUCK gets you out.

I've added these to my first post.

Edited by Xina_LA

Thanks for event soon after patch which means it will be 100 % bugged. This not make any sense, why not release this event week AFTER patch to figure out all bugs, fix them and them let ppl enjoy it? Pathetic. I considered to play this new event tommorow and i will not bcs it's full of bugs. The hell with that.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Thanks for event soon after patch which means it will be 100 % bugged. This not make any sense, why not release this event week AFTER patch to figure out all bugs, fix them and them let ppl enjoy it? Pathetic. I considered to play this new event tommorow and i will not bcs it's full of bugs. The hell with that.

The event was added on the patch on the 24th (Wednesday last week), but not activated until the 30th (Tuesday). The patch *on* Tuesday was there to fix or mitigate some of the bugs relased on the 24th.

-- SteveTheCynic, Superior Alliance Commander.

On Tatooine, the big jump over the sandcrawler, sometimes you just drive straight getting stuck in the sandcrawler. The jump still gets registered tho if you run as Pit Screamers. Same happens on Onderon on the second big jump, at least not getting stuck there tho.

The event was added on the patch on the 24th (Wednesday last week), but not activated until the 30th (Tuesday). The patch *on* Tuesday was there to fix or mitigate some of the bugs relased on the 24th.

-- SteveTheCynic, Superior Alliance Commander.

I wrote it wrong

Who cares this event was with 24th patch when people cannot played it on that time. Event is on from 30 and now threads with bugs begin sproud here and that why i will can't play this event in my free time tommorow, Saturday and Sunday. Bcs of biofail. This event should have 2 weeks not 1. On first week to fix bugs and second week to finally enjoy this event. For now we have only one week new event full of bugs what ends on 7th without fix anything.

Edited by Trlance

Any can tell me why when i play Guild Wars 2 for 4 years i heard about bugs in game maybe twice and here on swtor just in every day?

Various reasons, probably. ArenaNet's only things are GW1 and GW2, and they still have a substantial staff, so they can put a lot more effort into building stuff, building it correctly, and fixing it quickly when it goes wrong.

And of course if they have a bugged release, they can (and have on multiple occasions when I've been *in*game*) push new patches while the servers are live with the bugs. I remember the release of Living World Season 4 Episode 3, where people were getting disconnected from the *live* servers because they released a server-side crash in PvP. That one got fixed fairly quickly. (I know about that one because I got disconnected by it several times in non-PvP content.)

Any time GW2 releases something and then has a flurry of "new build available" messages in the first couple of days afterwards, it's pretty much guaranteed to be because of fairly severe bugs.

To say nothing of the "Bugs" category of the GW2 Wiki. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Bugs Which links to almost 1300 pages that contain references to actual bugs in content or whatever.

What ArenaNet does better than BioWare, obviously, is *fixing* bugs and shipping patches quickly.

On Tatooine, the big jump over the sandcrawler, sometimes you just drive straight getting stuck in the sandcrawler. The jump still gets registered tho if you run as Pit Screamers. Same happens on Onderon on the second big jump, at least not getting stuck there tho.

It happens to me, too, about one time in ten. I reported this during the PTS phase.

TATOOINE PLATFORM TRAP -- I logged out on the Tatooine race platform and logged in halfway through it, standing on the stand. Using /Stuck just moved me a few feet to one side, still trapped with my head and shoulders in the platform above.

Hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it happen to a few people.

More Swoop Race bugs --

INVISIBLE MINES -- After someone sets off a mine it disappears for a short time, but it is still active and will explode if driven over. Thus, the mines turn invisible for intervals but are still dangerous.

SHARED TARGETS -- On Blatent Beks races, you get credit for lighting fireworks even if someone a few seconds ahead of you already activated the platform. You don't always get credit for blowing up the same pile of munitions. In addition, it's hard to tell whether you hit or missed when the person on the track with you blows it up at about the same time.

These two are the most annoying ones. Invisible mind on Dantooine goal line, sometimes two. I was riding the whole course behind someone else, they blew up an invisible mine on goal line, and so did I so there was two mines. He went middle, I hugged the left wall. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens a lot.

And the shared targets... if there is a countdown, make it longer, or don't make them despawn at ALL. I haven't had the issue with blowing up stuff, but those speed orbs disappear right in front of my nose, and I'll have to restart the course because of that. :mad:

* INVISIBLE MINES -- After someone sets off a mine it disappears for a short time, but it is still active and will explode if driven over. Thus, the mines turn invisible for intervals but are still dangerous.

I don't think that's what's happening there. If you're close enough to someone who hits a mine, the mine hits you, too, you're not actually hitting it yourself (because the black marks on the ground after they've vanished CAN be driven over with no explosion/knockback). Every time this has happened to me the game automatically targets the person who triggered the mine, so I'm 99% sure this isn't invisible mines and is actually the mines being broken so they hit anyone nearby - other people's mistakes have cost me the bonus several times already thanks to this.

Further evidence: some pathetic scrub was standing on the Dantooine track on the DM server earlier and deliberately stepping where the mines spawn (the traps trigger even if you aren't running the race/don't have the quest in your journal) when people were driving past, in an attempt to sabotage their run (he got me once, then I was ready for race 2 and 3).

So actually scratch the 99%. I'm 100% sure this is the mines being badly designed/broken rather than invisible.

I don't think that's what's happening there. If you're close enough to someone who hits a mine, the mine hits you, too, you're not actually hitting it yourself (because the black marks on the ground after they've vanished CAN be driven over with no explosion/knockback). Every time this has happened to me the game automatically targets the person who triggered the mine, so I'm 99% sure this isn't invisible mines and is actually the mines being broken so they hit anyone nearby - other people's mistakes have cost me the bonus several times already thanks to this.

I've seen people intentionally set off mines to troll racers. It's something I posted and warned about in the PTS forums, along with several other people. Unfortunately, they didn't change it.

So yes, that's a problem, but not the only problem.

When the mines explode, they're supposed to show a smoke graphic above them, so people coming along later can see them. Unfortunately, they don't always show up.

I've done over 200 runs. I'm certain sometimes the mines explode, aren't replaced by a detonated mine + smoke graphic, and thus can be driven over completely unawares for yet another explosion.

Also, the invisible mines at the finish line are an issue. It doesn't matter where you go through the gate, it explodes right at the edge of the metal platform. Which stops you from getting the perfect run and possibly the associated achievements.

Edited by Xina_LA

It happens to me, too, about one time in ten. I reported this during the PTS phase.

I noticed it happens to me when I use the Turbo effect on the Razor swoop just before that jump. As if the turbo is overwriting the jump.

I've done over 200 runs. I'm certain sometimes the mines explode, aren't replaced by a detonated mine + smoke graphic, and thus can be driven over completely unawares for yet another explosion.

I'm on 65ish runs per course atm and I've never seen that or had it happen to me, I've even started deliberately driving over those dark spots where the mines spawn to try and trigger it since my last post. That said, could just be an extreme case of pot luck, but now that they're aware there's a problem there BW should- one would hope- be able to pinpoint whether it's one or the other, or both.

Also, the invisible mines at the finish line are an issue. It doesn't matter where you go through the gate, it explodes right at the edge of the metal platform. Which stops you from getting the perfect run and possibly the associated achievements.

I thought that was just a celebratory pyrotechnics effect that fires at the end of each race tbh. We sure that's actually a mine and folks aren't just thinking it is because they sound effect is more or less the same? Encountered the effect many times but it's caused me no issues (no knockbacks, no issues getting the achievement outside the bugged race on Onderon).

Edited by Mevan