Innervate or Wrath?

Gabrandt

Hai.

I'll be leveling with an assassin friend who will be tanking. I'd like to be able to heal him, and probably be able to heal flashpoints as well. I don't want to JUST heal, however. Force Lightning is just too awesome to ignore.

This is the specc I've painted out for myself:

http://db.darthhater.com/talents/sith_inquisitor/sorcerer/#::f8ef2ef8e3fef3e3f2efefecfef3ef5e6f:

However, I can't seem to decide between Innervate and Wrath.

How useful a tool is Innervate in the healing sorcerors arsenal?

Since even a full healer spec can still do very well up to level 30+, I'd go more into healer and less into damage skills. Your first companion makes you easily able to still do quite some damage in a party or in solo. And a full healer spec works a lot better in flashpoints.

That being said, I'd go innervate in that spec. The skill just seems more useful. As in, an instant heal + heal over time versus a small chance to make your next damaging spell instant and do +20% damage...yea, I'd go with the heal. You'll still have plenty of lightning to cast without wrath.

Point taken!

This is the specc I'm planning on using from levels 10 to 49, at the least:

http://db.darthhater.com/talents/sith_inquisitor/sorcerer/#::f8ef2ef4ef3e3fef3e3f2efe4f11e2fe3f:

I think Force Lightning, Electrolute and Lightning Strike will be the "damage" abilities I'll be using. I hope this is good enough for both FP's and solo play, however...

I would think the 2 points in the 2nd tier would better spent in Oppressing Force too be better for soloing, since you can tie up 3 enemies with whirlwind rather then 1. Meaning you only have to fight 1 or maybe 2 enemies at a time rather then 4.

I also hear that lighting spire is not that useful since other spells you want cast will not be affected so your gonna have to be running closer in any way.

I hear you. I was just under the impression that, with this particular build, Force Lightning and Lightning Strike are the only DPS abilities I'll be using.

As it looks now, I'll be spending points in Madness until Force Lightning loses its cooldown, and then put the rest into corruption, with about 5 points in Lightning. <3

• 6 years later...

Pound for pound, Innervate is one of the best tools we have in our arsenal. It's a big robust heal that also sets up our Force/Mana regen mechanics so it should be your go-to heal (assuming Roaming Mend is already on cooldown).

Resurgence -> Recklessness -> Roaming Mend -> Innervate -> Consuming Darkness - this is a really great rotation to use whether you train it all on one target or spread the love around the group. The Recklessness help to guarantee a crit from the Innervate so that you can use Crushing Darkness to regen mana.

Because Innervate is such a clutch tool, I'd say that the Legendary utility: Force Mobility is also a MUST HAVE. Being able to use Innervate while moving makes it one of the best heals in the game, in my opinion.