Do you guys think we are getting a new expansion next year? or anytime soon?

SaerethDL

Title.. its been a very long time since we had an expansion or any news of an expansion. When do you guys think one might be announced? Thanks.

And how big do you think it will be?

What might it be about?

What new features might they add?

All speculation of coarse.

Edited by SaerethDL

Hey everyone!

Quick update regarding our livestream that was initially planned for last week. The new date and time is Friday, November 20th at 3:00pm CST (9:00pm GMT). Unfortunately with the revised schedule, Kari Wahlgren (the voice of the female Jedi Knight) can't make it, but we were able to prepare with prerecording so you still get to hear from her! And don't forget, that's in addition to two other (secret) special guests who we were able to record interviews with as well.

The team is excited to reveal what we have planned for Game Update 6.2 and hope you can make it!

Here you go.

When do you guys think one might be announced?

I think they will tell us some news.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

I don't expect on stream anything than:

- Better gearing system (that means something completly new and useless)

- Soon

- Kai Zykken jokes

- Exciting

- Soon.

- New items in CC market.

possibly, but i think this one on friday will be about the new stuff on the pts, not sure they will go as far as the new expansion, maybe some hints. They'll probably wait till the new stuff has dropped, then have something for the new year, apodcast, or something.

I highly doubt that.

I love this game a lot, but it pisses me off that EAware has squandered the hell out of one of the biggest IPs there is. They state it makes money now...but man, they could be making SO MUCH MORE if they actually gave this game some TLC.

Let's say I would be highly surprised if we get an 'expansion'. To be honest though, this game has never gotten a real expansion, compared to other MMOs. At most, they are DLCs.

Maybe for the 10th anniversary but its hard to say.

It would be super cool if they did drop a few "hints". MAYBE one of those short stories like Hearts and Minds to kind of getting the ball rolling.

MAYBE ??

One thing is for certain ... the natives are starting to get restless !!

:eek:

I think we'll see the next expansion in 2022, if I'm being quite honest. I'd expect two more "major" updates in 2021, one for the Malgus continuation, and then one wrapping up the expansion story.

For whatever reason, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the state and future of the game, though. I don't think there's any solid evidence for it; I've just personally liked what I've seen from the devs, more or less since the Steam update and, probably, following the livestream tomorrow.

Edited by jedimasterjac

I think we'll see the next expansion in 2022, if I'm being quite honest. I'd expect two more "major" updates in 2021, one for the Malgus continuation, and then one wrapping up the expansion story.

For whatever reason, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the state and future of the game, though. I don't think there's any solid evidence for it; I've just personally liked what I've seen from the devs, more or less since the Steam update and, probably, following the livestream tomorrow.

Yup !! I'd say you're probably close to the mark (when it comes right down to it).

I'm just hoping that a part of some of the updates might include what I mentioned earlier!

I too am enjoying things and positive about the game. I'd say you're pretty right on the money though I expect something is planned for the anniversary. I'm hoping an expansion but it might just be some major story updates with an expansion the next year.

It could be, as a result of delays due to the pandemic. Hell remember in the beginning of the year when were meant to get 6.2 back in the summer? Wouldn't be surprised if it took longer for a new expansion either as a result of the pandemic, especially with the possibility of the 2nd wave causing another lockdown, etc.

Edited by FlameYOL

I too am enjoying things and positive about the game. I'd say you're pretty right on the money though I expect something is planned for the anniversary. I'm hoping an expansion but it might just be some major story updates with an expansion the next year.

They said in the last livestream that the tenth anniversary would likely be something similar to DvL in scale; expect some sort of event that encourages us to go back through past content, not a huge story update. Though I would be pleasantly surprised if that happened!

It could be, as a result of delays due to the pandemic. Hell remember in the beginning of the year when were meant to get 6.2 back in the summer? Wouldn't be surprised if it took longer for a new expansion either as a result of the pandemic, especially with the possibility of the 2nd wave causing another lockdown, etc.

To the best of my understanding, the update we're getting in December will be both of the planned story updates rolled into one. So, we're getting all of the story content that was planned for this year, we're just getting it all in the end rather than spanned out across six months or so.

Further COVID delays could certainly happen, though; I'd say they have a good pace of work as far as development goes, but coordinating voice actors is probably going to be the biggest hurdle if new COVID restrictions are imposed, particularly because they have to juggle French, American, and German restrictions.

Edited by jedimasterjac

[/snip]

Further COVID delays could certainly happen, though; I'd say they have a good pace of work as far as development goes, but coordinating voice actors is probably going to be the biggest hurdle if new COVID restrictions are imposed, particularly because they have to juggle French, American, and German restrictions.

again ... good point. I think some times we forget it's not just groups / actors just here in the US ... there are other matters to consider as well.

again ... good point. I think some times we forget it's not just groups / actors just here in the US ... there are other matters to consider as well.

The numbers in a lot of European countries is spiking again, but hopefully it won't effect any of the new stuff too much :(

The numbers in a lot of European countries is spiking again, but hopefully it won't effect any of the new stuff too much :(

Yeah ... and here in the states as well. Some places worse than others !

Hopefully we can avoid a complete shut down again by taking better precautions and hopefully a good vaccine will be release soon to help as well.

In the mean time: All our hopes and prayers for the team .. as well as others developing / making the game possible for us to enjoy !

If they need someone who's kind of handy at 3-D models give a shout ! (OK ... he's a bit slow ... but cheap !! ) :D

(yes ... I'm just yanking someone's chain ! ) ;)

I suspect there will be a new expansion in about a year. Why? Because next year December the game will have been out for 10 years. That's the type of anniversary that really is asking for an expansion.

it's one of the thoughts that was originally popping around here, but then on one of the live streams, they said they were looking at DvL 2.0. But we've heard nothing about a next xpac :( Hopefully they are going to pull a rabbit out of a hat and do some real magic by doing both, but we'll have to wait and see :)

I suspect there will be a new expansion in about a year. Why? Because next year December the game will have been out for 10 years. That's the type of anniversary that really is asking for an expansion.

Yeah, I believe the same thing. Especially as they seemed pretty excited that next year is 10 years.

Wait, you guys didn't like latest 3 minute Mandalorian dialog? I'm positive that someone checks that as an expansion for this quarter...

3 minutes? Was it that long? I hate everything about Shae Vizla (I know I'm alone in my hatred; I'll live) so that three minutes lasted warp-speed-space-barring-time for me.

Well, according to doomsayers, 2020 is obviously the year of the Apocalypse. Jesus was predicted to be coming back in March, er june, ... er, I mean July, ... ok, August......

Er, definitely November.....

wait .. there's still December...

😂

Basically, no major game update, but no Apocalypse either. The "Great Disappointment" part 2. 😯

Wait, you guys didn't like latest 3 minute Mandalorian dialog? I'm positive that someone checks that as an expansion for this quarter...

Right on the money. I am pretty sure there are some delusions that this counts as a major story update/content/expansion.

As for mandos....its not that i dislike shae vizla, I just find mandalorians boring past the KOTORS and Revan Era, so I am not that excited about "story update" (tho its just a flashpoint) about them.

Edited by ExarSun

The major story update isn't the Mandalorian flashpoint; the story update wasn't up on the PTS, I presume due to spoilers. But it's concerning Valkorion, not Mandalorians.

Edited by jedimasterjac