Darth Malgus thrid disconnect in less than 1 hour

tummiswtor

Like title says. My internet connection is good, i got internet all the time, but got thrid dc now. +/- 60 ms than hits 20000 and dc. Here iam after login to game back after black Talon fp https://imgur.com/3qJYd0U

Anyone for chess :eek:

I've seen some really weird effects after coming back from fps, but it's mostly been 'outside' the space station, or having walls disappear...lol. Does it stay like that long?

I've had a few weird ones. These happened during the face merchants heroic

https://imgur.com/gallery/mWRg5iq

Edited by DarkTergon

Like title says. My internet connection is good, i got internet all the time, but got thrid dc now. +/- 60 ms than hits 20000 and dc.

If your internet connection was good, you wouldn't be getting disconnected. 😂

In any case, unless everyone gets disconnected from the server, the problem is between you and the servers, not the servers themselves. And yes, your route to Google can be just fine, while your route to SWTOR is crap, just as like your route to drive to school can be fine, but the road to the library is full of potholes.

Edited by JediQuaker

Anyone for chess :eek:

I've seen some really weird effects after coming back from fps, but it's mostly been 'outside' the space station, or having walls disappear...lol. Does it stay like that long?

I've had a few weird ones. These happened during the face merchants heroic

https://imgur.com/gallery/mWRg5iq

I was on edge than jump down and respawn on fleet :p

If your internet connection was good, you wouldn't be getting disconnected. 😂

In any case, unless everyone gets disconnected from the server, the problem is between you and the servers, not the servers themselves. And yes, your route to Google can be just fine, while your route to SWTOR is crap, just as like your route to drive to school can be fine, but the road to the library is full of potholes.

Never had problems with swtor connection, happened to me today. I just logged to game and after 15-20 minutes got dc.

Sometimes my connection also gets awful despite everything else working fine, for instance I have an average of 150 to 300 MS in Star Forge. Sometimes I'll get random 2, 4 or even 10 K MS spikes every 5 seconds despite my Discord MS being under 100 and package loss being low if not inexistente, though important to note Discord has servers in Brazil where as SWTOR does not, I found no other solution other than waiting for an hour or two until my connection comes back to normal.

I have this problem all the time now, it started about a week or two ago. I will got from 30 ms, to complete red x disconnect.

I even had my cable/internet company come out and take a look at it and they upgraded my modem or whatever and everything else works fine.

I went through the steps from customer service and its still a problem.

I just craft stuff now, and i hate crafting; because group content is unplayable. Nothing like being the tank and getting disconnected to the character select screen during a boss fight.

I have this problem all the time now, it started about a week or two ago. I will got from 30 ms, to complete red x disconnect.

I even had my cable/internet company come out and take a look at it and they upgraded my modem or whatever and everything else works fine.

I went through the steps from customer service and its still a problem.

I just craft stuff now, and i hate crafting; because group content is unplayable. Nothing like being the tank and getting disconnected to the character select screen during a boss fight.

Have you tried running pingplotter while having the issue?

Also, are you connected wired, or wireless. Is it possible to connect wired (if you're wireless), to see if the issue is still there. Is your router, plugged straight in to your mains (broadband) socket, or are you using some sort of extender, etc. Have you tried it on a different pc/laptop (assuming you have, or can borrow one)

Edited by DarkTergon

it gets referenced so much, this post needs to be isolated and stickied

Please download Pingplotter.com and follow these steps to see if it’s the server or the connection / pathway to the server causing the issues

To find out the server IP (it changes everytime you log in now) you need start swtor and then go back to your Windows desktop.

Now run command prompt in Administrator mode

(Depending on which Windows you have, there are different ways to run it in Administrator mode, so do a quick Google search on how too for your windows version)

Type this command into the command shell after you have opened it.

Netstat -n -p tcp -b | more

(I usually have the netstat command saved in a txt file for notepad and just copy and paste it into the command prompt)

It will show you the 2 swtor connections to the server IP

It usually has an ip like this - 159.153.65.233 or 159.153.65.232

But because it changes each time you login it will be different.. Ie it could be - 159.153.65.220

This is why you have to run this each time if you want to get an accurate read on the server ping.

Once you have that ip, open pingplotter. You can then enter the swtor server ip you are connected to and it will run a live trace route, showing all the connection hops along the way.

You'll be able to see live statistics and information on what is happening.

Have you tried running pingplotter while having the issue?

Also, are you connected wired, or wireless. Is it possible to connect wired (if you're wireless), to see if the issue is still there. Is your router, plugged straight in to your mains (broadband) socket, or are you using some sort of extender, etc. Have you tried it on a different pc/laptop (assuming you have, or can borrow one)

Its connected via hardwire and i even went and bought two new ethernet cables this morning. Same issue.

I can try this pingplotter, but tbh, I work in the medical field, so I have very limited computer knowledge and while i can follow directions, all these numbers and letters look like hieroglyphics to me. :sul_embarrassed:

I have been playing since launch and have never had this issue.

The computer i have now is pretty nice gaming rig, I have had it for 2 years already, and have been playing SWTOR with no issue until recently.

Its just so oddly new.

I will download the game on my lap top and see if i have issues, thats a good idea. :rak_03:

Thanks for your input, its much appreciated. :sul_smile:

Edited by kirorx

I can try this pingplotter, but tbh, I work in the medical field, so I have very limited computer knowledge and while i can follow directions, all these numbers and letters look like hieroglyphics to me.

it may be wibbly wobbly to you, but will be invaluable information to support (one of them) to help isolate the issue, so make sure to save the logs for them

it may be wibbly wobbly to you, but will be invaluable information to support (one of them) to help isolate the issue, so make sure to save the logs for them

I think i figured this out, there is some server that says pittsburg and i get like 90% packetloss there. Not sure if that makes sense, but it seems to be the most constant thing. Packet loss is like zero everywhere else.

Edited by kirorx

contact support@swtor.com with this information, let them look at it from their end first, then if need be you can also take it to your ISP to be worked from their end

2 points:

SWTOR, backed by EA and Disney, is more likely to carry weight with an intermediary transport

Your ISP, depending on their service levels, may or may not be of much help. The loss of net neutrality has made some of these cases harder to pursue, and the ISP may just wash their hands of it as a resource outside of their immediate network and are unable/unwilling to chase it down. This is one of those 50/50 cases where you won't know for sure until you try.

Edited by Kaveat

I was having connection problems to Darth Malgus yesterday and the day before, but Youtube, other swtor servers and news sites were all loading normally.

After a router reboot to prep for installing new firmware on my NAS drive (yes, I pulled the wrong plug) the problem was resolved. No idea if the reboot sorted it, or if my ISP/the BW maintenance team did something at exactly the same time, but it works fine for me now.

It's like that for me on Star Forge for the past 2 or 3 days. Ping was jumping between ~250 ms, which was normal to me, and red dot ~2k ms. All other websites that crash along with swtor if it's a router problem form my internet service worked fine at the time so it's weird.

Well I have tried all the above suggestions, purchased new ethernet cables, followed all the stuff from Customer Service: which BTW was speedly provided and easy to follow instructions :cool:.

When none of this worked, i called Spectrum and they did some kind of reset thing on their end.

I logged in this morning and got about 15 mins of gameplay, before RED X and booted to server selection screen, yet again.

I dont know what else to try, I am going to call Spectrum once again and once again, have a tech out here to explain to them my 1st world problem of not being able to play SWTOR anymore lol.

I just dont get it since I have never had this issue and I have played since launch 2011.

Thanks again for everyones suggestions. You guys have been awesome and hopefully Spectrum will figure this out, unless its on SWTORs end.

Either way, I shall see what happens.

So is anyone taking bets on whether EA are now having the swtor servers hosted on Amazon AWS?

I was talking with a few colleagues and clients earlier, who have been complaining about similar issues. I was a bit surprised they would be chatting about swtor server connections being flaky, but it turned out they were going on about AWS servers hosted in the US-East-1 region, with secondary issues on the EU-West-1 zone for some of them with systems in both regions.