How did you use your free level 60?

Nick_Fisto

I have not because I want to have made ALL the choices on my characters up to that point. I tend to immerse myself in story games like this so when I play a character his whole journey is important to me. The Free 60 will still be there when I eventually stop playing.

I used it earlier (when it was fine to do missions as long as you didn't hit level 61) to check which US server had the fastest midbie pvp queue pops. I still have it, but I'm probably not going to use it. I enjoy leveling and have more than enough high level toons to run KotFE with already.

I've got all classes leveled properly, I even have 2 of most of them so I used my 60 token for a character I don't care for much. I made another IA and I basically have her do all the Chapters first, test all the dialogue options and make all the dark/evil choices. That way if it plays out in a way I wouldn't want it to and I don't get to ESC out on time or whatever, the toons I DO care about won't be affected and I'll know what to expect/look for on them without messing up their stories/headcanon.

nope, using an instant 60 feels too close to cheating, when the fun is in the leveling up and the story associated with it...

Yeah this is how I feel too, my fun in the game comes from running the story, creating a level 60 feels like starting the lord of the rings with return of the king.

Same..

still have that <<Make a 60.

finished all 8 stories , and end up with 18 toons now..still have to level up some . I enjoy playing Makeb and Shadow of revan (Lana :p) . So making a instant 60..just feel disconnected , especially since there isnt much Variance in Kotfe :(

I just made another tank (I love playing tanks and I have already all the tank classes, so it was not about a class I don't have yet), mostly just to play KotFE while making all the bad decisions I don't want tomake with my regular characters, like ending the recruitment missions with rejecting the candidate and such things.

I haven't used it.

I've used level boosts in other games and it's left me feeling very disconnected from the boosted characters. They bypass the parts of the game where I figure out who they are, what they're going to be, how they'll respond in conversations, what they will look like, etc.

I ran a couple of PvP matches with a free 60 (sniper) character and joined a different guild, but after a couple of weeks realized that the guild dropped him for missing too many activities. - Sent the comms to another character. - Now he just gathers mats in my SH whenever I'm getting low, and I'm still a 1/10 of the bar off 61 - so I can delete and try again if I can be bothered. - Got all classes to max the old way (pre 12x) and several twice, so no gaps to fill in my legacy.

I might re-cycle the name at some point, but for now, just a place-holder, and spare cargo bay really. :)

Edited by Storm-Cutter

I haven't.

Without a way to determine the character's actual history, it wouldn't really be my character -- I'd just be taking Bioware's default character out for a spin. Meh

Same.

My Insta-60 is on the top shelf of my closet, gathering dust. I cannot imagine a circumstance in which I would choose to use it. It's so easy to level new guys, I will always choose that route. Only then is it really my character. I completed all eight class stories years ago. There are only a few (like ... three) classes I enjoy enough to play again. If I enjoy a class enough to want to make another, then I enjoy that class's story enough to see it again.

All that ... plus I have a policy against lateral hires.

Also, it feels too much like signing an expensive free agent near the end of his career. At Team Thor, we like to build via the draft.

Edited by Thoronmir

I haven't. I have 10 level 65s that I have no desire to inflict KotFE on because of a complete lack of confidence in the QA shown since October and in past choices I've made with those characters remaining intact / logged as part of their story.

I used mine to run through KotFE without risking making bad decisions on my other characters.

This is the only use I could possibly see for it, but I personally see no point in continuing the "personal story"

of a character that I skipped 92% of the "personal story" on already.

I generally steer clear of selfish sadistic choices (unless it's my Inquisitor). So I used mine to make a darker warrior than I was able to play normally, plus she was my test char to romance Koth, as I wanted to see what that was like and didn't want to waste a char I leveled from the ground up.

i used it to make another sith inquistor, an assassin, who will be the daughter of my sorcerer and my boyfriend's warrior. I thought about going the long route but decided to use it as I am still working on my warrior at the moment for my legendary status.

It's hardly surprising that a popular response from veteran players is that they used their Insta-60 as a KOTFE Guinea Pig (playtesting chapters, experimenting with romances, inverting that widget into the whatsit, etc.). We were never the target audience for the Insta-60. That status is reserved for new players, who may lack the motivation or patience to endure the "long road" to 60 (which, ironically, is, in my opinion, the best part of the game). Of course, these days, the "long road" to 60 is really the Autobahn.

Haven't used mine yet, either. After they changed the level 60 starter gear from BoL to BoP I didn't see any point. KotFE is also pretty much the same for all classes, so no reason to jump ahead to see anything special I wouldn't see with my existing level 60s.

I like to get to know my characters by playing through their class story. Since I can't even play through SoR with the Level 60, I have no use for it. Might make it a Scoundrel or Commando so I'll have another char for easy Alliance crates from Ord Mantell and Coruscant, but other than that- *shrug*. (With the upcoming double XP for May 4th, though, I'm more likely going to level one.)