Ideal team composition....

Floplag

So, lets put it on the table.. if you were doing a premade for example or got to choose your team for a match, what classes would you bring ideally?

Assuming all other things being equal.. equal gear, skill level etc.. based ONLY on the class balance as it stands now.. how would you build your team?

I suspect this will tell us a lot about the real state of things and cut thru the bull.

the clear answer is 4 sins. Not shadows since the jedi are notoriously weaker than individual sith ans sin always out perform shadows. All 4 maul one opponent for a global kill, then stealth away, then maul a second one for another global kill, then it's a 4v2 easy win. yeah, def. 4 sins every time.

the clear answer is 4 sins. Not shadows since the jedi are notoriously weaker than individual sith ans sin always out perform shadows. All 4 maul one opponent for a global kill, then stealth away, then maul a second one for another global kill, then it's a 4v2 easy win. yeah, def. 4 sins every time.

I'd disagree on one aspect of this, but I agree that a 4 sin team would be hard to beat. I'd argue you're better off taking like 4 hatred sins... reason being, the dots stack, and our finisher hits as hard now as a maul crit used to in deception. It's a little nuts that we have imho the second best dot (probably also arguably the best) compared to sorc's AND a 15k crit finisher that procs all the freaking time. Pre 3.0, I'd agree with you, or better yet, 4 operatives... 4 jug smashmonkey's were hard to beat too... 4 jugs crit smash, that's like a 50-60k dps global.

The key of course is coordination... I find it funny that a lot of the 4v4's I'm in we have this great plan, then as soon as the forcefield drops everyone forgets what they're doing and 20 seconds in you're wondering where your team is when you're the only one actually hitting the designated target.

Depends on what you are trying to do. For arenas, I'm sure a lot of people have come up with good compositions. I like to form trolling premades. My favorites are tank sins in reg warzones. Troll people with pull, overload, and phase walk. Once I was on voidstar bridge and had place phase walk in the middle of the bridge then dance on the edge. A jug leapt at me (I'm assuming he meant to push me off) and I phase walked behind him and knocked him off. Pulling people into fires and off the edge is also fun.

Now on a more serious note, most faceroll arena I have done in 3.0 was with 4 AP pts. Each round lasted about 30 seconds. Not saying thats the best by any means, but it was the fasted one I've done to date.

• 6 years later...

Corruption Sorcerer - Utility, double breaker.

Immortal Juggernaut - Utility, Grit teeth, Force bound ezmode shutdown/recov.

Advanced Prototype Powertech - Unmatched burst windows, high burst, good defensives in t/h.

Lethality Operative - Amazing AoE, potential burst with haze, Utility (cleanse/heals), good defensives in t/h.

backup against double melee comps

Engineering sniper - Control, Utility, AoE, Diversion, best knocks in-game.

Any situation going into 8v8

Class stacking would rule the show, sniper objectively speaking can cover the most area while also being CC immune most of the time with great movement speed. Sorcerers with double breakers and typically anything when stacked would be busted as this game is just like that.

Since FPS in 8v8s is terrible due to overload of animations and effects, it'd likely rule rDPS like tons of snipers due to aoe and diversion. Lightning would be interesting and AP PT or Concealment operatives would be just as bad.

The raw DPS output in 8v8's is enough to deplete an entire HP bar (in a single hit splat, given everyone is an equal of highest calibur) when it comes to nearly any class now, heals can't keep you up and guard is a saving grace but.. Who cares when you can just kill the tank at the same time? DPS to HP and DPS compared to HPS isn't balanced atm.

Edited by Beyrahl