Best Combo of Skills

AngelousWang

There is no point taking any other combo, you will just gimp yourself.

Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy = This creates reusable med packs, reusable stim packs and implants. This makes it pretty much the single best combo for Tanks as it basically gives you infinite consumables (though they have long cooldowns) and Implants give the best status bonuses for Endurance and Armour Rating.

Artifice/Archeology/Treasure Hunting = This creates Colour Crystals, Hilt Mods, Enchantment Mods, Force Generators, Shield Generators, Power Generators and blank Lightsabers This make it fantastic for Force DPSers as they can create 3/4 of their need mods for weapons. Their off hand weapons. Plus Enchantment Mods go in both weapons and armour. At max skill you can create some rare Lightsabers if you can get the rare schematics for them.

Armstech/Scavenging/Investigation = This create all blasters, all melee weapons (that arn't lightsabers) and Barrel Mods. This is great for non-force DPSers as they can create their own weapons, 1/4 Mods they need and weapons for their companions.

Synthweaving/Archeology/Underworld Trading = This creates armours for all force users. You can create un-modable green and blue gear for force users. However you can only create the shells of (the best) modable armour, they do not come with any free mods (anymore). - This is best taken if you are part fo guild and have easy access to a supply of Mods, becuase you don't want to be stuck in un-modable gear and the shells are useless without Mods (though you can always stick them on the AH for others to buy and Mod themselves).

Armormech/Scavenging/Underworld Trading = Same as Synthweaving/Archeology/Underworld Trading, but for all non-force users instead.

Cybertech/Scavenging/Underworld Trading = This creates Armour Mods, Modification Mods, Re-usable Grenades, Driod Companion Gear, Ear pieces and fast travel items (teleporters/speeders). = This is great as Armour Mods and Modification Mods (which go in both weapons and armour), infinite Grenades, Ear pieces that provide good status boosts and at max skill speeders that sell for allot, if you can get the rare schematics for them.

Slicing/Investigation/Treasure Hunting = This is the best for non-crafters.

Slicing = This provides extra credits in the field as it allows you to hack safes that are scattered about enemy bases/camps.

Slicing+Treasure Hunting Missions = Both provide lots of lockboxes and normally always put out more credits than you spend on them. Lockboxes contain random equipment.

Slicing+Investigation Missions = Both provide rare schematics for other crew skills that cannot be gotten any other way, so you can stick these on the AH for large amounts. And they also provide Augmentation Mods which are a rare type of super Mod that can used on virtually any piece of equipment.

Edited by AngelousWang
  • Like 1

Slicing+Investigation Missions = Both provide rare schematics for other crew skills that cannot be gotten any other way, so you can stick these on the AH for large amounts. And they also provide Augmentation Mods which are a rare type of super Mod that can used on virtually any piece of equipment.

Good post. This last part though. Should note that these mods are used on CRAFTED gear that you get an "exceptional" result from. Only then will it open up ONE slot on your crafted gear for those augs.

Is there no point in taking Slicing instead of Underworld Trading if you're going for cybertech? I know you also get cyber schematics from Slicing, and I kind of like the idea of having slicing for flashpoints and for all the extra money, but if Underworld Trading is really important for Cybertech... then I guess I'm stuck with that. Anyone with experience have anything to say?

Is there no point in taking Slicing instead of Underworld Trading if you're going for cybertech? I know you also get cyber schematics from Slicing, and I kind of like the idea of having slicing for flashpoints and for all the extra money, but if Underworld Trading is really important for Cybertech... then I guess I'm stuck with that. Anyone with experience have anything to say?

You need both Scavenging/Underworld Trading for mats. Underworld Trading and slicing may both provide schematics but slicing does not give mats.

You need to be able to farm your own mats, especially since Underworld Trading are the rarer mats (Scavenging are the normal mats). So you won't be self sufficient as you will ahve to buy them and buying them will be expensive.

Diplomacy really for Biochem? Isn't splicing kind of necessary to build credits early on and other features?

It only provides mats for Biochem, therefore it is Biochem only.

Edited by AngelousWang

You need both Scavenging/Underworld Trading for mats. Underworld Trading and slicing may both provide schematics but slicing does not give mats.

You need to be able to farm your own mats, especially since Underworld Trading are the rarer mats (Scavenging are the normal mats). So you won't be self sufficient as you will ahve to buy them and buying them will be expensive.

Right, that's a bit of a bummer, but alright. I wasn't sure if UW trading offered anything unique, or was just another way of getting things. I guess I'll go with trading and get slicing and gathering skills on one of my alts.

I'm a smuggler going with Armormech/Scavenging/Underworld Trading. I was torn between Investigation and UT initially (based on some early info that had Investigation feeding into Armormech), but it seems like UT will ultimately be more beneficial.

There is no point taking any other combo, you will just gimp yourself.

Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy = This creates reusable med packs, reusable stim packs and implants. This makes it pretty much the single best combo for Tanks as it basically gives you infinite consumables (though they have long cooldowns) and Implants give the best status bonuses for Endurance and Armour Rating.

I had been thinking of going this route myself, but other places I've seen descriptions for doing the Biochem thing have Underworld Trading in place of Diplomacy. Is either one really better/worse than the other? Pro's and Con's of each?

Appreciate the post, as it helps those of us who barely got to dabble in crafting in the beta.

I had been thinking of going this route myself, but other places I've seen descriptions for doing the Biochem thing have Underworld Trading in place of Diplomacy. Is either one really better/worse than the other? Pro's and Con's of each?

Appreciate the post, as it helps those of us who barely got to dabble in crafting in the beta.

Diplomacy provided mats for Biochem, Underworld Trading doesn't.

If you want to be to craft anything better than green gear you'll need Diplomacy (or have to pay allot for mats).

All the re-usable items are blue and purple quality by the way.

Edited by AngelousWang

Diplomacy provided mats for Biochem, Underworld Trading doesn't.

If you want to be to craft anything better than green gear you'll need Diplomacy (or have to pay allot for mats).

All the re-usable items are blue and purple quality by the way.

Thanks for the information.

I do wonder then why other people show UT instead of Dip. Maybe one did it by mistake and other people copied it? I guess it wouldnt be the first time wrong information spread like wildfire on the internet.

Again, my thanks.

Some people simply use old info for Biochem skill - few patches before it used rare mats from UT now it uses Diplomacy.

No surprise there, esp if they are copying other site's with older info.

Just glad to know the current status before gettting in and investing time/money to do it.

The more I think about it though, I may do the Slicing/Investigation/Treasure Hunting thing on my main to feed credits to alts who will do the actual crafting work.

May not be able to buy everything with money, but for most things I think it would work out on in the long run.