Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again

Spor

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been having the same problem getting the c1 error windows 7. I've tried all the methods in this thread and the farthest I got was a black screen crash. I tried using the repair launcher and I also did a full reinstall of the game and nothing is working. The game was working fine before the patch.

Edit: So someone in the steam thread said to go to Steam - Settings - In-game and uncheck the box that says "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" and that fixed it for me.

Edited by Lotharuis

Its really a pity. 5 days have passed and nothing... i would have expected a hotfix within hours. Really, really bad!

mine stopped yesterday morning,, I had played the night before and it was like watching someone on a trampoline

with the Ping..

I am not happy. How in the world do you contact support when you can't log into the game? Worked fine prior to the latest patch when it went totally south. Found an old support email so have had several emails with them to no avail. None of their suggestions have helped but rather made it worse! I'm a senior and don't know computer programming, so all this try deleting this line in launcher note, etc. What a nightmare!

I finally uninstalled the game, ran download for 3 hours - the exact same result. The SN is gone in the lower left corner, the process is very fast before its saying play, and then nothing.......

FYI - am Windows 10, laptop is 2 ? years old - Lenovo Legion - worked fine before.....

I'm getting the following error info from event viewer:

Faulting application name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp:

Faulting module name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp:

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00a83f0f

Faulting process ID: 0x11d8

Faulting application start time:

Faulting application path: D:\star wars-the old republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Faulting module path: D:\star wars-the old republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Report ID: 587740f4-dedd-445e-986c-adaea7e029f2

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

The exception code 0xc0000005 normally indicates a memory access violation.

Done a sf /scannow

I have also tried older graphics drivers but no difference.

Windows 10 20H2. Nvidia driver 457.09

The game was working fine for me yesterday.

Today when I try to log in I hit the log in button and it starts initialising then stalls with the error message " this application has encountered an unexpected error. Please try this patch again."

I never get as far as hitting play. So I am not sure what is going on. Windows 10 laptop.

Edited: I eventually restarted my laptop and the game now loads in fine. I have no idea why but am not complaining.

Edited by Zylaro

Seems like sometimes in many efforts it gets in(today 8 efforts) and others at most stops in initial loading screen(before server/char selection) and stops responding till I kill the process(windows 7). The fact it sometimes work makes me wonder if their account servers are just lagging

Seems like sometimes in many efforts it gets in(today 8 efforts) and others at most stops in initial loading screen(before server/char selection) and stops responding till I kill the process(windows 7). The fact it sometimes work makes me wonder if their account servers are just lagging

It sounds more like its a windows issue. Certain builds are causing a glitch.

Hi all,

Our team is still looking into the issue you encounter.

For those on Windows 7 who still encounter the C1/C7 error message, updating Visual C++ to the latest version should help you: The latest supported Visual C++ downloads.

Thank you and do not hesitate to let me know if this troubleshooting helped you.

Thanks for this, I've managed to get mine working again, but the issues has been happening after EACH patch for the last 3 or 4 patches, any idea why it happens each time?

Hi all,

For those on Windows 7 who still encounter the C1/C7 error message, updating Visual C++ to the latest version should help you: The latest supported Visual C++ downloads.

Thank you and do not hesitate to let me know if this troubleshooting helped you.

Didn't work for me (Win 7 64).

Had to switch back to Win 7 compatibility.

Please fix this bug immediately.

Didn't work for me (Win 7 64).

Had to switch back to Win 7 compatibility.

Even though you may not like the idea... It might be a good idea to finally upgrade your OS.

You do realize that they will only be able to patch Window 7 for just so long. When they no longer can or because they are simply tired of trying to, you may find you will have to give in and byte the digital bullet.

Please fix this bug immediately.

Oh and it's NOT a bug. Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020.

Your days using Windows 7 are Numbered.... Sorry.

Since the patch last Tuesday, I have not been able to log in. I've tried every fix I've found on these forums. Nothing worked. I uninstalled and re-installed. I can finally log in and patch. Game loads and now takes me to a blank server screen. My sub runs out in a week. Wasn't planning on leaving the game. Unfortunately if this doesn't get fixed by then, (or at least an explanation of what is happening), I'll be on my way. Which is a bummer.

Even though you may not like the idea... It might be a good idea to finally upgrade your OS.

You do realize that they will only be able to patch Window 7 for just so long. When they no longer can or because they are simply tired of trying to, you may find you will have to give in and byte the digital bullet.

Oh and it's NOT a bug. Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020.

Your days using Windows 7 are Numbered.... Sorry.

I'm aware of these facts.

I've started to build a brand new pc in April, but had to stop because of the corona crisis.

Some components haven't been available and my favorite computer shop is closed at the moment .

Hi all,

Is this an automated message? How can someone still be looking into this mess that is affecting so many players. Workarounds are causing my guildies and friends to leave the game. I think its time to let us really know what is going on! Its stated there is a Cantina about new updates in the game. I think it should also discuss this issue as a whole! Frustration players eventually give up and leave and this is happening and continues to increase to a point where more will remove their subs.

Please tell us what is going on!