So thoughts on PVP

darkofblue

Ok after much hate for PVP and hating it more and seeing the ranked ppl back.

That flag dropping stupid stuff, shows everyone your *cough* epeen *cough* problems

I have a great solve for ALL-- HUTT BALLS …when the enemy is on our end zone to too long.

They get a tick a dot that does dmg, this would change the game for the better

You would have to run in and then right out

You could not be a killing spree in the end zone for laughs and giggles

No hiding and killing ppl coming back into the game

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know any pvper on DM who isn't sick and tired of getting HB match.

ah :( I like hutt ball just wish there was some more cc breakers, so I am not stunned to death.

Killed because of cheats :rolleyes: as you watch a guy fly across the screen, who can't do that stuff

If they could fix it it could be better

Edited by darkofblue

I leave every Hutball game I get...

Can't stand that trash .

The rest is premades decimating random teams, players who cannot break 2k dps , quitters and very bad matchmaking . 3 healers in one vs 0 healer team .

This is pvp in 2020. Not worth taking seriously . I just farm solo kills and duels . That's PVP for me .

By the way, people still can't play a 5 year old map (odessen) . Too hard to understand for most .

Last but not least, most players suck in 4v4 arenas . The ones that can play those at a decent level are veteran players or players who participate in ranked. Most arena games are rarely balanced in regs due to matchmaking and massive skill discrepancies among players.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

And if they don’t, then that should tell BioWare something.

Bioware will never add an option to chose warzones. Some maps will kind of vanish from existence.

Hutball and Odessen to some extent.

Arenas will still pop because ranked players would use them during season to practice .

Edited by DavidAtkinson

I just farm solo kills and duels . That's PVP for me

Do you think It leaves a sour taste when you do just kills and not objectives??

Could that be a reason why no one plays anymore, that ppl are giving up.

Mutli kills on one person and multi stuns

the balance is way off...too many a-hats and not enough ppl learning

This is the way....

...you kill pvp

Edited by darkofblue

Huttball needs it's own queue. I'm sure enough would queue for two full teams.

I'd play OG Huttball all day long (missed opportunity to give us a league/tournament events with the OG map imo). The other 2 Huttball maps can go burn though.

Edited by Raansu

Bioware will never add an option to chose warzones. Some maps will kind of vanish from existence.

Hutball and Odessen to some extent.

Arenas will still pop because ranked players would use them during season to practice .

I totally agree with your assessment. I think we all know that some maps would rarely pop and queue times would increase significantly.

But there are ways to give players choice without any major disruption to queue times. Many good ideas have been spruced by the community for years and tweaked more as player numbers have reduced.

The one I like and think would work is to allow players the opportunity to choose 3 maps they don’t want to play. But this would still mean less pops of the least popular maps. But it wouldn’t necessarily reduce pop times.

One tweak I’ve suggested to this idea is they look at having two queues that work in conjunction with each other. This would speed up some of those pops for the less popular maps. The way this would work is as follows.

1. First queue allows players to choose 3 maps they don’t want to play.

2. Second queue (100% random) is exactly the same as it is now

3. Both queues use the same pool of players to make teams

4. They add incentives to use the second queue more than the first queue

5. Incentives would be based on extra missions, both weekly and daily. These would give extra rewards.

For this to work, they need to give us more incentives to stay and actually win in pvp and disincentives to leave matches if you start to lose or get the wrong maps. That would mean you’d probably need a lock out for both queues and that if you queue the 100% random queue and rage quit, you get a longer lockout than the semi choice queue. But that might slow down pops considering we now have less players over all.

So maybe instead of a lockout there is some other disincentive like you get diminishing returns on rewards for each match you leave over the 24 hours / 7 days. But that would require them adding better rewards and boosting them up to start with. They could probably do this with extra tech frags or points needed to gain a new weekly pvp rewards box.

The incentives part should be the easy part. Add more rewards in gear drops and increase tech frags for both lvl 75 and add tech frags for lowbie / mid pvp brackets. Let pvp med packs and other pvp vendor items be purchasable with tech frags or credits. And maybe even allow Amplifiers to be changed using tech frags instead of credits.

Of course, this won’t fix all of the pvp eco system problems. There are still plenty more to deal with and it’s why I’ve been calling for them to refresh and fix the pvp eco system from top to bottom. From ranked to lowbies needs a total overhaul.

IMO, they need to remove parts of the end of game scoreboard from public view. I’m not saying remove it all or remove it from private view. It would still be a good tool for players to be able to see what personal dps, etc, they did each match, but that doesn’t need to show everyone’s numbers in a reg match, it only needs to show their own.

Then Bioware could focus on objective stats and an overhauled medal system to provide feed back on how well players did in the game. This would remove the need for scoreboard epeen hero’s to death match all game at the detriment and cost of losing the match.

These are just some of my ideals and some I’ve accumulated from reading others. There have been many other good ideas over the years on how to improve and fix the pvp eco systems in this game. But Bioware ignore all ideas that aren’t their own.

Do you think It leaves a sour taste when you do just kills and not objectives??

Could that be a reason why no one plays anymore, that ppl are giving up.

Mutli kills on one person and multi stuns

the balance is way off...too many a-hats and not enough ppl learning

This is the way....

...you kill pvp

Sad but true. There aren’t many people left who can play objective pvp properly anymore and do large number of kills or stats at the same time will trying to win using strategy and tactics.

There is no "practice" in regs. The skill level of regs is disgustingly pitiful.

And that’s because no one takes it seriously enough to learn because the attitude from up top filters down that regs don’t matter.

Maybe if this attitude hadn’t been promoted for the last 7 years, we wouldn’t have such a bad state of affairs.

Tire, but they need to fix the maps first to deal with the dsync problems and other bugs.

They need to fix a lot of things. Ball movement imo should be about positioning and passing, skills like rolling and guardian leap and force pull etc....should cause the ball to drop. Still, despite all that I'd still play OG huttball all day long. I just love that map and the concept of the game mode, despite how frustratining certain aspects can be at times.

Also, fire pulling on my PT just never gets old lol.

Edited by Raansu

There is no "practice" in regs. The skill level of regs is disgustingly pitiful.

You don't get it, do you ?

It's not about " skill " , it's about practicing arenas...

These players cannot play arenas , or if they do, it's totally minimal number of arenas / day . Unranked arena que would help them prepare better in case they want to participate in ranked so you won't have to vote kick them.. as you usually do. :rolleyes:

Ok after much hate for PVP and hating it more and seeing the ranked ppl back.

That flag dropping stupid stuff, shows everyone your *cough* epeen *cough* problems

I have a great solve for ALL-- HUTT BALLS …when the enemy is on our end zone to too long.

They get a tick a dot that does dmg, this would change the game for the better

You would have to run in and then right out

You could not be a killing spree in the end zone for laughs and giggles

No hiding and killing ppl coming back into the game

pve people hate pvp partly because the ranked rewards are more exclusive than ni-mode stuff and most of them get shut out of ranked by ranked regulars. regular pvp vendors do not reward like they used to - no incentive other than getting Pierce on an alt/ forced pvp requirement. pve people will fight what is not in their utility or what they see as a drain on the community - and pvp just is just so toxic and useless to many pve people who helped shut down world pvp because it was miserable. since pvp does not try to make an effort to really gain a good amount, if any, from pve, and make every pve person's experience in pvp a toxic miserable one, then they have no business complaining about their shrinking pvp population and most people hating it

Edited by BlackSilverDawn

Huttball is just in the background while people deathmatch. The original is a decent deathmatch map. Quesh just needs to be retired due to dysync.

But, the general problem is all the maps (except for the abortion that is Odesean) were designed when the level cap was 50. Think about that. No sorc bubble. No operative roll. No pred/trans. No mad dash. Now the entire team can make it from one node to another in the blink of an eye.

All the maps and all the games need to be redesigned for the modern era. And, if this was an MMO that they were actually putting resources into and felt had a future, they would do exactly that.

pve people hate pvp partly because the ranked rewards are more exclusive than ni-mode stuff and most of them get shut out of ranked by ranked regulars. regular pvp vendors do not reward like they used to - no incentive other than getting Pierce on an alt/ forced pvp requirement. pve people will fight what is not in their utility or what they see as a drain on the community - and pvp just is just so toxic and useless to many pve people who helped shut down world pvp because it was miserable. since pvp does not try to make an effort to really gain a good amount, if any, from pve, and make every pve person's experience in pvp a toxic miserable one, then they have no business complaining about their shrinking pvp population and most people hating it

Not All PVE peeps hate pvp, it takes talking to your members on the strat you will use, not hard unless you dont like talking. I dont need rewards to play pvp I want the hackers, moree cc breakers and the relentless dogs who kills for fun gone. Spells that are broken fixed! Bring back objectives, if you kill "NO MEDALS" (OK I hear your dislike for that...maybe medals for two kill only) then just medals for objectives. Maybe for hutt ball -- the ball does a tick which means you have to pass more.

you just made a blanket statement with no facts - are you pretending pvp is not the most toxic area of this game, or has made a real effort to expand? if you are - wow!:rolleyes:

assume you meant *pot - either way: lame, deluded statement. you just prove my point, and special snowflakes who think ranked pvp rewards should not return like especially color crystals, unlike pretty much everything has in pve and even sub rewards, are: SAD

head meet sand - as you continue to bury yourself in it

Your post attacking pvp and mine is rather toxic as you paint ALL pvpers as being this way when in fact it’s not ALL pvpers, but a small concentrated group of toxic individuals.

So yeah, your toxicity isn’t much different than theirs. Therefore, pot meet kettle. Seems to me your are just posting to troll. Nothing is more toxic than that IMO.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

you perpetuate the trend and the utter disbelief that pvp'ers have the capacity to change the state they PUT THEMSELVES IN. I've no sympathy for what pvp has sown for itself over about the past decade (not that you remember or have the capacity to admit it). *Eats popcorn as pvp continues to go swirly.

Sounds like a lot of vague and unfair generalizations, and I find it interesting you think the smallest niche group of players on SWTOR are actually to blame for the state of PVP on SWTOR.

You say it, but don't really offer any kind of proof whatsoever that the players, PVP players in particular are to blame for the state of PVP... How did you come to this conclusion?

It's easy to make blanket statements that paint an entire group of people as one thing, but in reality people are far more complex than that, and so are the social dynamics created by people. Just explain how PVPers are to blame for the failing PVP scene on SWTOR, I'd like to hear your opinion on this.