Equipment modification problem

Narfadan

I have been attempting to modify various pieces of equipment but am unable to do so following the instructions in the manual. When I do control/right click on an item the mod window does *not* appear.

I have done searches to find a resolution but have been unsuccessful and have not been able to do any mods since I last used an equipment modification station which, I have been told, no longer exist. Ideas, anyone?

Sounds like you're trying to ctrl-right click unmoddable gear. Make sure the gear has moddable slots, like enhancement, hilt, armor, mod, etc. Most of the moddable gear has an orange (custom) or purple (artifact) border. Edited by Maranea

D'oh :rolleyes:

My gear is probably not orange...I'll have to go look. It'd be nice if the manual provided a bit more detail to help noobs!

Thanks everyone...

I would only add that there are a very few green items that are moddable. As far as I've noticed they were all companion items and it is probably just a bug. from the top of my head some droid armor and some companions' weapons. They still show the moddable parts with the (#)s for each piece if you mouse over.

Yeah it would be nice, i actually rerolled a level 11 character cause I'd sold some orange gear not understanding they were moddable, (tho I also was thinking about switching species.) There is a tutorial mission on the starter planet, but I'm bad about reading quest text.

I would only add that there are a very few green items that are moddable. As far as I've noticed they were all companion items and it is probably just a bug. from the top of my head some droid armor and some companions' weapons. They still show the moddable parts with the (#)s for each piece if you mouse over.

I know Kira's initial sabrestaff is moddable even though it's green... Which is a little misleading, because later "upgrades" to her sabrestaff are not - and if you aren't paying attention you might just replace her moddable weapon with a non-moddable one and wish you hadn't.

I know Kira's initial sabrestaff is moddable even though it's green... Which is a little misleading, because later "upgrades" to her sabrestaff are not - and if you aren't paying attention you might just replace her moddable weapon with a non-moddable one and wish you hadn't.

afaik all companion weapons are moddable except for the first companion you get