More cathar customizations please!

Tenacity

since the addition of Cathar as a playable species, we've been stuck with a lousy selection of hairstyles, almost every one rehashed from zabrak hairstyles sans the horns (meaning a lot of bald spots). There are only two half-decent hairstyles for males (Super-mane and short faux-hawk, bald makes it 3), and only three for females (short cut, raggedy medium length, and long straight).

We do not have access to any of the hairstyles used by cathar npcs. We also lack the same eye styles and fur patterns.

Fur and hair color options are also very bland, very faded, and sometimes nonsensical - why can I have pure white fur (minus the need to have a facial pattern, cant we get a 'no pattern' option?) but I have no option for white hair? Why can I have orange fur, but no option for orange hair?

I love this species, bioware, and all of my characters are cathar, but honestly, you've got to expand our options here. There's no reason at this point why we should not have access to several additional hairstyles, fur colors, or patterns (and please give us a NO PATTERN option!).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't stop at Cathar. I would go as far as to improve the customization/creation entirely for ALL species. The sys we have had since launch is sub-par. It is a stupidly limited system. Cathar hair styles only show just how much the dev team actually cares about improving this system.

Lack of Twi'lek skin colors (where are the shades of purple?)

Lekku markings tied to cosmetic options, with a lack of .

Zabrak headbone formations tied in with hairstyles? One does not determine the other. These must be separated!

Zabrak facial tattoo designs are awful and need improvememnt.

I could go on about the lack of options for every species, but I think you get the point. Bioware needs to start improving this sytem and a good start would be with Cathar hair. But do not expect anything to come of this. BW will just ignore it like they have done for the last four years.

Edited by Kilikaa

I wouldn't stop at Cathar. I would go as far as to improve the customization/creation entirely for ALL species. The sys we have had since launch is sub-par. It is a stupidly limited system. Cathar hair styles only show just how much the dev team actually cares about improving this system.

Lack of Twi'lek skin colors (where are the shades of purple?)

Lekku markings tied to cosmetic options, with a lack of .

Zabrak headbone formations tied in with hairstyles? One does not determine the other. These must be separated!

Zabrak facial tattoo designs are awful and need improvememnt.

I could go on about the lack of options for every species, but I think you get the point. Bioware needs to start improving this sytem and a good start would be with Cathar hair. But do not expect anything to come of this. BW will just ignore it like they have done for the last four years.

^this

as Much as I was annoyed with spending 600CCs for cather only to get something that doesn't even have the iconic eyes or hair that you see NPC cathar with I have to say that ALL species need a major update.

• 1 month later...
since the addition of Cathar as a playable species, we've been stuck with a lousy selection of hairstyles, almost every one rehashed from zabrak hairstyles sans the horns (meaning a lot of bald spots). There are only two half-decent hairstyles for males (Super-mane and short faux-hawk, bald makes it 3), and only three for females (short cut, raggedy medium length, and long straight).

We do not have access to any of the hairstyles used by cathar npcs. We also lack the same eye styles and fur patterns.

Fur and hair color options are also very bland, very faded, and sometimes nonsensical - why can I have pure white fur (minus the need to have a facial pattern, cant we get a 'no pattern' option?) but I have no option for white hair? Why can I have orange fur, but no option for orange hair?

I love this species, bioware, and all of my characters are cathar, but honestly, you've got to expand our options here. There's no reason at this point why we should not have access to several additional hairstyles, fur colors, or patterns (and please give us a NO PATTERN option!).

Not just pure white, but pure black as well. Stripes and spots on the same face so that we can create hybrids of big cats. I can get behind these ideas.

Don't stop at Cathar. Like others have said, ALL the species we have need more options. Please BioWare, don't ignore these ideas. People have lost faith in you. Restore their faith, please. Thank you.

/signed

• 3 weeks later...
Not just pure white, but pure black as well. Stripes and spots on the same face so that we can create hybrids of big cats. I can get behind these ideas.

Don't stop at Cathar. Like others have said, ALL the species we have need more options. Please BioWare, don't ignore these ideas. People have lost faith in you. Restore their faith, please. Thank you.

/signed

^THIS!!

Other species need more love, INCLUDING the Cathar. I remember seeing a Cathar in the Cartel Bazaar with a different hairstyle (one of the vendors)! Why shouldn't Cathar (& a few other species largely ignored) get more love? Pure white & pure black, more colors, hairstyles, etc. Also on top of that, why shouldn't we have Cathar look kinda like the NPC's we've seen prior to the species' release?

• 4 months later...

/support.

So much support. I love Cathars. I really don't play anything but Cathars, but the lack of customization in comparison to most other races is very frustrating.

I love the linked mock-up of additional hairstyles. I would love to have some more hairstyles for both males and females.

I would adore having 'plain' faces (no markings/patterns) and things like white/cream markings (chin/throat maybe similar to a lion?). I'd love to have 'true black' marking options so you can make a 'pure black' Cathar with the black fur option. I would adore having more hair colors to match the fur color.

I honestly don't understand why they're excluded from new hairstyles so much. They don't have horns or tendrils. The worse they have is pointed ears. Perhaps slightly more pronounced brow ridges that might clip bangs a bit? They're not wildly divergent from basic humans (at least not any more so than Miraluka, etc.) so it kind of baffles me they aren't included at least in the more recent hairstyles added to game.

Please, Bioware, give Cathar players some love!

I also completely support Twi'lek and the other races getting love too, of course! Just Cathar are my favorites and it frustrates me I have so few options I like.

I would definitely pay as well. I'd love to have a few "free" options since I think they literally have the fewest options for hair of any race at all, but I would happily spend my CC for some Cathar options.

/shut-up-and-take-my-money

I've made 4 or 5 Cathars over the last year or so, and deleted each one before ever reaching level 20. I just can't find a hairstyle that I like from the limited selection available. I try, I really do, but eventually I just can't deal with the look of the hair, and delete the character.

I would be more than happy to spend some Cartel Coins to get a better selection of Cathar hairstyles.

Edited by Trynitris

Because it's late, my internet is being silly and not letting me be in game, and I've been pondering new Kittycats for the upcoming LS/DS event, here are some ideas inspired by actual cat/big cat colors.

Cathar Eye Colors ideas

Hazel (greenish-brown)

Orange

Copper (darker brownish orange)

Pale (light blue/white)

Jade/Emerald (a darker green)

Turquoise/Aqua (blue green)

Cathar Hair Color Ideas

White

Blonde (light yellowish tan to match the fur)

Dark Yellow (to match a fur option)

Light Orange (to match one of the complexions)

Auburn (darker reddish)

Red Orange (to match the darker tigerish complexion)

Cathar Patterns Ideas

'Plain' - no markings at all

White Chin/Throat

Eye Patch/Spot (option for both right and left side)

Mask (color on nose, face, etc. similar to a Siamese in a few color options?)

As for hairstyles, there are a ton available to humans, cyborgs, etc. that I would love to have for Cathar.

• 3 weeks later...

*signs and looks back at her Cathar characters lowering their blasters and blades from he position behind her head*

Something about more hair styles, they said. I agree, more options for Cathar, and as said earlier in the thread, more options for all the species. Cathar are stuck with variations of Zabrak hairstyles with Juhani's ponytail as an option and the one mane style that I think was added recently in a stealthy way. I'd love for the bun and long braid style for Humans to be wearable on Cathar, for example. And marking-less options.