Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

How do I make more CPM than a slicer:

Run a rank 1 mission, to get reward (that I know the mission reward will give me the correct mats from making notes on the results of missions previous, to have worked out a credit/cost basis), convert the mats into green items, vendor them. Or buy off the GTN if they cost below a certain threshold and craft and vendor.

If you cannot grasp this - keep posting.

You're also chuckleworthy, but not for good reasons.

p.s. And no - I'm not telling you my niche recipes, because as soon as I do, the value on certain materials that are undervalued will increase as others realise it. Suffice to say - that 90-125 cpm is about right on the mark - depending on results.

And a slicer could buy those same mats from reds made on missions run and make the same goods and turn the same profit.

So you think 5400 to 7500 an hour is going to come close to a 400 slicer...

I made 3-4x as much in the last hour just from the one mission drop.

But keep up the humorous posts I find them enjoyable.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a slicer could buy those same mats from reds made on missions run and make the same goods and turn the same profit.

So you think 5400 to 7500 an hour is going to come close to a 400 slicer...

I made 3-4x as much in the last hour just from the one mission drop.

But keep up the humorous posts I find them enjoyable.

Again, you ignore - to your lacking, the actual results of missions as a comparison.

Tell us all, what is the cost/results of slicing missions that don't crit.

Because in this - I've only got two of my three companions running. If you can't see the gaping hole - in slicing, you never will.

So, you sold a mission drop - that YOU GET EVERY HOUR, at least 1 of, even though there's slicers who don't get that in a day. Sorry - but you're talking complete and utter rubbish. YOU'RE A LIAR. You might have got a drop and sold it. But - you cannot see past your lucky crit, or the fact that not every server will have the same economy as you. You are small minded.

If you had not got that drop, and sold it. Who would have made more from missions? For cost/time.

Had you not got that lucky crit, who'd have made more, my lowbie, or your 400 skill Slicer. And by how much, considering that I KNOW the data that average missions represent.

And that - Sunshine, is what you fail to grasp. And will continue to fail to grasp.

Had you NOT got the crit. That you have guaranteed you get, every hour, as clockwork. While others with high affection report vastly differing results. So, either - you should be playing the lottery, or you're not telling the truth.

Actually - I'm done talking to you. You cannot see beyond your own basic flaws in your judgement. Insult me more, that's your highground mate, because your "facts" are able as watertight as a sieve.

At the end of the day - data - hard facts, disagree with you. There's plenty of slicing spreadsheets out there, that display the data, and when you correlate credit cost/return, they all match up. Except for you. You make us all look bad, because you earn more than you can spend. You get guaranteed crits, on missions, that some folk go for a day's worth of slicing and not get. That's fine, I get it. You're special.

I'm tired of doing this, you can win by sheer fact, that I'd rather play the game, than argue facts, with your opinions and lies. Data says: You get these returns from missions. You won't answer the question. You say you get Crits every hour. Keep doing it then, since no one else can.

Edited by Dorkfrey

Again, you ignore - to your lacking, the actual results of missions as a comparison.

Tell us all, what is the cost/results of slicing missions that don't crit.

Because in this - I've only got two of my three companions running. If you can't see the gaping hole - in slicing, you never will.

So, you sold a mission drop - that YOU GET EVERY HOUR, at least 1 of, even though there's slicers who don't get that in a day. Sorry - but you're talking complete and utter rubbish. YOU'RE A LIAR. You might have got a drop and sold it. But - you cannot see past your lucky crit, or the fact that not every server will have the same economy as you. You are small minded.

If you had not got that drop, and sold it. Who would have made more from missions? For cost/time.

Had you not got that lucky crit, who'd have made more, my lowbie, or your 400 skill Slicer. And by how much, considering that I KNOW the data that average missions represent.

And that - Sunshine, is what you fail to grasp. And will continue to fail to grasp.

Had you NOT got the crit. That you have guaranteed you get, every hour, as clockwork. While others with high affection report vastly differing results. So, either - you should be playing the lottery, or you're not telling the truth.

Actually - I'm done talking to you. You cannot see beyond your own basic flaws in your judgement. Insult me more, that's your highground mate, because your "facts" are able as watertight as a sieve.

At the end of the day - data - hard facts, disagree with you. There's plenty of slicing spreadsheets out there, that display the data, and when you correlate credit cost/return, they all match up. Except for you. You make us all look bad, because you earn more than you can spend. You get guaranteed crits, on missions, that some folk go for a day's worth of slicing and not get. That's fine, I get it. You're special.

I'm tired of doing this, you can win by sheer fact, that I'd rather play the game, than argue facts, with your opinions and lies. Data says: You get these returns from missions. You won't answer the question. You say you get Crits every hour. Keep doing it then, since no one else can.

LOL! Keep spinning Corky.

BTW, you are the one that put forth the dumb argument that a level 1 missioner could outperform a 400 slicer. Now that I shot it full of holes, run along.

Right - guys - I've been baited by a troll.

I don't believe in any world that he crits as much as he does.

I'm not saying that node farming has no potential for slicing. But from the data that has been presented not just by the OP, but via several other spreadsheets of collated information, that the baseline of Slicing Missions is a joke of a number.

I lost my temper with the *****

With certain recipes and crafts, you can vendor a higher return at a much lower skill level, and I think that's out of alignment. Do I think Scavenging or Archaeology need to be nerfed? No - because the credits they generate do not seem to be out of line with what is generated by my grinding or gathering or questing as as character.

Do I think that - Slicing should be brought up to be in line with these as they are currently? Yes.

At the end of the day, the results from the Gathering missions will only ever increase over time. As the market gets stronger - these will increase in price as FotM's change and people will reroll crafts, and some of my niche crafts will lose their viability from GTN'ing, but will be replaced by being able to sell the mats to the GTN directly, instead of buying when they are below X cost.

Slicing, as it stands, will be the poor mans choice in the future. The quantity of nodes has dropped around the world, as has the quality of them.

When a low level craft can achieve the base net return of a high level slicing mission, something is wrong - it's worse when a craft can start skilling up for the region of ~25c a skillpoint - see investment/time deals with crafting. Granted - some people will get lucky crits that will put those numbers into slicing's favour, while the current routes I take to grind credits while bored are pretty fixed (although take very little effort - printing money essentially). However, I suspect that my earning potential with Cyber/Artifice will only continue to increase in time. As the game develops, while as it stands - Slicing's credit outlay becomes reliant on Critting, and as some of you have said, these aren't guaranteed (and I think that a mission skill that at cap returns less credits that a level 20 farming Taris for credits is wrong). At least on the tests I've done with my slicer - who's in his 30's now, it's more profitable to run UWT missions instead on him.

Edited by Trineda
removed inflammatory remark

Slicing can be summed up pretty simply, really. At launch, the ROI was FAR too high, so it got slashed. They overcompensated. If we're lucky, the extended silence is because they've got a group of experienced actuaries and economists locked in a closet somewhere hammering out a new economy that'll be announced soon. After Tho Fan, I'm ready to believe Bioware would do damn near anything.

Personally here's adjustments I think that can be made that will keep slicing interesting. I know slicing can still make a profit.. but my Underworld trading my my main makes more money per hour than my slicer. (Mandalorian Iron selling on the GTN).

1) Add purple lock boxes, which are only available on a rare crit on Rich Missions or higher missions

2) Increase the chance of mission discovery return. This is actually one of the bigger selling points on Slicing.

3) Add green mission disoveries (Rich Yields, but of all items)

Just my opinion

Edit: I know RNG is RNG, and my slicer is only lvl 25, but I get MAYBE 1-2 mission discoveries per day... approximately, 40 missions.

Edited by tobiashunter

Let's get the obvious thing out of the way - slicing was giving too much money, and this needed to be corrected. A bug snuck through launch that resulted in some lockboxes giving out far more cash than our magic spreadsheets said they were supposed to give. The end result was that our economy was getting flooded with credits, which risks causing massive inflation in the economy. Players were abandoning other crafting skills for slicing which was causing the problem to feed on itself. Economic issues are tricky - once you let the horse out of the barn, it's pretty hard to coax it back in - and its important that the dev team jump on these issues as quickly as we can.

Once we corrected the issue, the math started to fall into line, which is to say the metrics of our economy started to match what we expected slicers to have. It's important to note that, while slicing was always meant to be a little more casual, and less wedded to the other crafting skills than the other gathering skills, it was never meant to be a Magic Money Machine. Slicing is still profitable, I promise - the metrics are showing that slicers still do quite well - but it's no longer profitable to the degree where you were a moron if you chose any other Crew Skill.

Are we done balancing? This being an MMO, you're never done balancing, and we will continue to monitor Slicing and the other endgame skills to ensure they are fulfilling their stated purpose inside the game mechanics, useful to the players who choose them, and healthy contributors to the economy as a whole. It is not unlikely that all Crew Skills will get further adjustments once the game and economy has matured and metrics points out a strong need. Once this happens, I promise we'll make a better effort to let players know the rationale of the changes we're making as we're making them.

on the subject of the fragile economy, when are we getting an update on whether or not the people using the split item stack at vendor bug banned?

Personally here's adjustments I think that can be made that will keep slicing interesting. I know slicing can still make a profit.. but my Underworld trading my my main makes more money per hour than my slicer. (Mandalorian Iron selling on the GTN).

1) Add purple lock boxes, which are only available on a rare crit on Rich Missions or higher missions

2) Increase the chance of mission discovery return. This is actually one of the bigger selling points on Slicing.

3) Add green mission disoveries (Rich Yields, but of all items)

Just my opinion

Edit: I know RNG is RNG, and my slicer is only lvl 25, but I get MAYBE 1-2 mission discoveries per day... approximately, 40 missions.

Point 2 would actually reduce the income you earn as a slicer. The market would again be flooded with missions and their prices would plummet.

Point 2 would actually reduce the income you earn as a slicer. The market would again be flooded with missions and their prices would plummet.

Yes and No, unless the GTN interface is improved, people are still posting for whatever the GTN tells them is the recommended. Yes, people who sell 340's for 26K will lose money, but people who sell them for 4320 (base price) would make more money. (I stalk the GTN buying any of the ones listed at 4320 or less, even if I don't have any character with the skill).

Edit: I'm not saying drastic increase like every mission, I mean like a 5% increase.

Edited by tobiashunter

Yes and No, unless the GTN interface is improved, people are still posting for whatever the GTN tells them is the recommended. Yes, people who sell 340's for 26K will lose money, but people who sell them for 4320 (base price) would make more money. (I stalk the GTN buying any of the ones listed at 4320 or less, even if I don't have any character with the skill).

Edit: I'm not saying drastic increase like every mission, I mean like a 5% increase.

Yeah, that is a great way to grab some easy creds. I routinely flip a few a day like that.

Also making augements more prevelent. I haven't done any Ops yet (still waiting of a few more people to hit 50), but Augements are only usable on crafted gear.. and crafted gear isn't as good as orange gear. Which means Augments are fairly ... useless. I don't know how you can make augments more prevelent... but something should be done. That would allow for augments to sell for more than 2000 creds (for a lvl 49 purple... seriously...)

Let's get the obvious thing out of the way - slicing was giving too much money, and this needed to be corrected.

My question is, what team is in charge of the slice nerf/fix and can that team please be put in charge of clearing up the PvP mess you have in game, along with some of the bugs that haven't been touched while new content is already ready to roll out.?

When do we see bug fixes? where is the polished game the Doctors and Ohlen promised me in multiple interviews?

The economy is the fault of bioware. Every thing is so expensive, from training skills to getting the riding speed upgrades to new speeders. Bioware has failed miserably at making a healthy economy.

You will find at 50 there isn't anything to spend your creds on other than grinding a craft.