Sorcerer Nerf....

Fhatal

Now before we even start i need to point out that I AM A SORCERER!!!!!!

Now i normally play PvE Corruption Spec, as i hate respecing all the time. Since the 1.1 Patch i found that healing in WZ's seem pointless, and extremely boring. As i normally get around 10 medals before the patch i find it extremely hard to break 6 (Inb4 "you are doing it wrong")

So i decided to switch to a hybrid spec Since we killed everything in the 1st 2 days of the week (GJ making Raids very easy, NM here we come :) ) Anyway my spec is 0/20/21

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZccMRdMrZcrcRsMk.1

I have so Much utility it is absurd.

Knock back : Roots targets

Shield : Absorbs around 3000 Then when it breaks it blinds EVERYONE around you

Force speed : 20 sec CD making you nearly impossible to kill as you can get a way most of the time.

Whirlwind: Instant 10 sec CC. When it breaks it stuns for 2 seconds.

Heal : They heal for so much, for a dps tree (But i don't even use them that much due to being healed by damaging abilities.

The Utility would be fine if i didn't push out 400-600k of damage a game with 70-100k healing. I understand what people are thinking when they say nerf sorcs. There has to be a give and take. The only classes that HARD counter me are Ops which just got nerfed... and Bleed spec Marauders.

PVP Stats:

HP: 15810

WP: 1615

Expertise: 460 (9.62%)

Crit: 26.29%

Surge: 72.39%

Alacrity: 10.03%

Bonus Damage: 673.1

Bonus Healing: 484.8

Flame On!!!

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this!?!? A Sorcerer actually admitting that his class might be just a bit too strong?

Nonsense! This guy must be on drugs or something. There is no way a player of a widely-believed overpowered class would come out and admit their class's OPness.

Anyway, I commend you OP and fully agree with everything you posted. Sorcs/Sages have far too much versatility. I think their utility should be nerfed before anything else, whether this means their CC, CDs, snares, shield absorb, etc. Their damage is the last thing that should be looked at.

Edited by copasetic

Now i normally play PvE Corruption Spec, as i hate respecing all the time. Since the 1.1 Patch i found that healing in WZ's seem pointless, and extremely boring. As i normally get around 10 medals before the patch i find it extremely hard to break 6 (Inb4 "you are doing it wrong")

So i decided to switch to a hybrid spec Since we killed everything in the 1st 2 days of the week (GJ making Raids very easy, NM here we come :) ) Anyway my spec is 0/20/21

Force speed : 20 sec CD making you nearly impossible to kill as you can get a way most of the time.

Heal : They heal for so much, for a dps tree (But i don't even use them that much due to being healed by damaging abilities.

The Utility would be fine if i didn't push out 400-600k of damage a game with 70-100k healing. I understand what people are thinking when they say nerf sorcs. There has to be a give and take. The only classes that HARD counter me are Ops which just got nerfed... and Bleed spec Marauders.

PVP Stats:

Flame On!!!

Well said sir.

I play operative. The best I can do in my current state is harass you. MAYBE get a kill if I hit my interrupts after landing a solid crit opener when your shield is down.

We are the rock to your scissors.

Soon... not any more.

BioWare needs to stop letting developers balance the game.

Developers need to be fixing the many, many bugs in this game.

QA needs to find a balance. Let some good players give you good advice.

I agree, they need to tone down sorc just a tad. Not a whole lot, but enough so I shouldn't have to throw four rocks to beat a scissor; or worse, get cut in half.

PVP Stats:

Flame On!!!

I'd agree with you but, alas, I can not.

Mainly because any nerf to the sorc class at this point would make the class absolutely useless in PVE and PVP.

the sorc has utility, and has sustained damage, not burst, nothing insane compared to other classes.

The bubble is a joke at best, please, anyone can burst down the shield in one hit, once it's gone the sorc has NO survivability or ability to mitigate damage.

Also, for you to attain the numbers posted above, you had a pocket healer, grats, this feat can be accomplished by any class.

PVP Stats:

Flame On!!!

It requires speccing a lot into lightning to get these talents which means a free kill for every class. They dont heal for much if they not heal specced.

Edited by Wekeltes

I would agree being a Hybrid Sorcerer (very similar build) they are pretty nasty out there. Thing is...the ones that are OP are few and far between. we will start seeing these threads more and more as people start learning the tricks of the class. It would be difficult to figure out how to change the class TBH. when the bubble isnt up, they melt. raising cooldowns might be the best way without destroying the other aspects of the class. Hard to say

As a heal spec sorcerer, I feel grossly underpowered compared to every other mmo I have played going back a decade. I can see how the dps specs can be OP due to the fact that you get better defensives and actually have the damage to kill people, but running as a pure healer is definitely not OP. Sure a few noobs complain about heal spec combined with guard, but you arent facing one person then ...you are facing two working together.

and you're not puttin gout 400k-600k a game with 70-100k healing. SCREEN SHOT POST 1.1 PLZ

I did the reverse .... 550k heals and 100k damage. Not too hard in voidstars.

Of course the damage was worthless as it was mainly splashing AE around by neccessity due to how badly the medal system ****s healers, but um yeah.

Edited by pathiss

troll. It requires speccing a lot into lightning to get these talents which means a free kill for every class. They dont heal for much if they not heal specced.

Max heal i have done with this spec is 6.1k with Adrenals and expertise buff. on Average dark infusion heals for 3k non crit 5k crit.

As a heal spec sorcerer, I feel grossly underpowered compared to every other mmo I have played going back a decade. I can see how the dps specs can be OP due to the fact that you get better defensives and actually have the damage to kill people, but running as a pure healer is definitely not OP. Sure a few noobs complain about heal spec combined with guard, but you arent facing one person then ...you are facing two working together.

I know how you feel as healing is my main spec that is why i switched... Healing sucks now. I do little damage which is fine but the medals i receive isn't worth healing my team.

The spec you listed is the problem and is completely, utterly ridiculous.

People who just pew pew with lightning arn't the problem. That spec is.

edit: Actually looked and that wasn't the spec I thought it was, lol.

Edited by yukirshiro

and you're not puttin gout 400k-600k a game with 70-100k healing. SCREEN SHOT POST 1.1 PLZ

This is absolutely correct. OP is a complete liar. Hes putting up these numbers is as likely as him actually being a sorc. The best ive seen since patch is 350 with 100 healing. Ive seen this once in about 75+ warzones. Proof or take a walk.

This is absolutely correct. OP is a complete liar. Hes putting up these numbers is as likely as him actually being a sorc. The best ive seen since patch is 350 with 100 healing. Ive seen this once in about 75+ warzones. Proof or take a walk.

Scroll Up..... :)

Edit: Go to Page 2... Then Scroll up.

Edited by Fhatal

Well at least we know this guy didn't read the entire thread. Scroll up a bit and read please.

I know how you feel as healing is my main spec that is why i switched... Healing sucks now. I do little damage which is fine but the medals i receive isn't worth healing my team.

Yea i also respecced to the hybrid build. A LOT of sorcs have done this cause healing is so stupidly unrewarded and completely unfun to play in Hutball which is the majority of wzs then and now.

Wow congrats on the idiot poster of the day award. Do people seriously not bother reading all responses before posting their own nonsense garbage?

I was doing 300k damage and 70k healing at level 26 on my sorc regularly. Can only imagine what it's like at 50 with gear.

Edited by Tooslick

Well at least we know this guy didn't read the entire thread. Scroll up a bit and read please.

You are correct. Putting up those numbers on voidstar are in no way shape or form an indicator that those numbers are consistently earned, especially if you are imp and play VS once a day on average.

As a healer before i respecced, I put up 550k healing with 160k dps once prepatch. All it takes is some baddies that group up in one spot of map the whole round.

Now as a hybrid spec that still hasnt learned how to fully play the role, i admit that theres some room for error, but everything that I have seen so far since patch point to hybrids posting around 300k and 100k on average for an ABOVE AVERAGE player which is not OP. There are definitely some excellent players out there that get pocket healing and guard on them and can put out better but that represents a very small percentage of sorcs. If teh nerf train keeps rolling on all the popular classes, you will see one hell of a failure pretty quick.

Still cant believe they nerfed ops so quickly even though I agree they should have been toned down a little bit.