Old Republic toys from Kenner?

Nyaralath

Are there any toylines planned to coincide with the game? I think there are a ton of opportunities for Kenner to bank on this, but haven't heard or read any news about any potential toy tie in. I would buy them up like candy coated crack.

Anybody got a scoop?

If you're talking about TOR itself, nothing as of yet I don't think. But if you're talking about the Old Republic timeline in general, there's several action figures from KOTOR like Revan, Malak, and Bastila. Unfortunately I think they tend to run pretty pricey =/. As time goes on they might totally make TOR figures. A Malgus figure would be epic!

• 1 month later...

It is true there is Old Republic "Timeline" toys such as Darth Revan and Darth Malak and even Bastilla Shan. There is also Pre-Cyborg Grievous etc... As well as a few others.

I have all of the above due to the fact I was playing KOTOR when they came out and I had to have them when I saw the, in Toys-r-Us. They are Pricey like mentioned above now-a-days. There is few out there now.

To be honest the cheapest way to go now-a-days is to make on yourself. For example ( PLEASE SWTOR Forum Moderators etc..., do not take this as me trying to drum up business or sell toys on your site to take from your enterprise, it isn't amd wasn't my intention only to add another avenue to get the toys they so desire)

Now with that said I am what "We" call a "Customizer" in our Toy World. You can find many places online to see such work like Fwoosh, Imperial shipyards etc...

Here is an example. I made my Mercenary Bounty Hinter from SWTOR. He is a Zabrak like Maul different face tattoos but same color/ design as I love black and red together.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=3284.60

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=3284.45

Don't have pics saved on this PC so look on the left for my name Darth Creatine and you will Need to scroll down to the pics. You CAN'T miss it. Looks like Maul in Mando gear.

That's one of the few I have made. If you look on that site back on page 1 one of the first posts I made a Darth Malgus like Sith Lord also but he is Red Caped and Red Breateher make dinstead of Black. He was also made years ago well before the "Deception" trailer sole axe don't think I copied him. Just posted the pic so you can see whT the Old Republic toys look like.

MacksAdrenalin

Up until about a year ago, there was a game called 'Star Wars Miniatures' that was made by Wizards of the Coast. It was a tactical, squad-based strategy game that used collectible plastic miniatures. These miniatures were divided into factions and included a huge number of old republic-era figures. In particular, a large number of characters from the KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 video game series were represented--as well as a few characters from the Old Republic comic (e.g. Zayne Carrick, Lucien Draay, and Jarael). You can still buy singles of these miniatures from online retailers or on Ebay. Some you can get cheap. Others, like Revan, may still be a bit pricey.

Hasbro have a line coming out sometime this year for SW:TOR

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/toy-fair/toy-fair-2012/hasbro/star-wars/139239-star-wars-hasbro

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/toy-fair/toy-fair-2012/hasbro/star-wars/139225-star-wars-hasbro

Need to take some pics of mine. Mostly Sith Lords in my set and various different Clone Troopers

Hasbro have a line coming out sometime this year for SW:TOR

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/toy-fair/toy-fair-2012/hasbro/star-wars/139239-star-wars-hasbro

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/toy-fair/toy-fair-2012/hasbro/star-wars/139225-star-wars-hasbro

Need to take some pics of mine. Mostly Sith Lords in my set and various different Clone Troopers

It's not a line of toys, it's just a few figures scattered throughout the current Vintage line (new figures on vintage '78-'85-style cards)

In addition to Shae Vizla and Jace Malcom that you linked, they also made Darth Malgus. I have to expect we'll get Satele Shan as well, and HOPEFULLY T7-O1, Ven Zallow and Nico Okarr, too (to round out some of the major classes and stars of the trailers). That would only leave the Agent unaccounted for, but they could maybe skirt the rules and give us Eleena Daru, she's rather Agent-y (closer to Smuggler, tho, really). Some of the Companions in their default looks would be nice, too.

The downside is they're gonna be released sporadically, no dedicated wave of figures like TFU had a few years back. Vizla and Jace may be out in the same wave, I'm not sure.

It's not a line of toys, it's just a few figures scattered throughout the current Vintage line (new figures on vintage '78-'85-style cards)

In addition to Shae Vizla and Jace Malcom that you linked, they also made Darth Malgus. I have to expect we'll get Satele Shan as well, and HOPEFULLY T7-O1, Ven Zallow and Nico Okarr, too (to round out some of the major classes and stars of the trailers). That would only leave the Agent unaccounted for, but they could maybe skirt the rules and give us Eleena Daru, she's rather Agent-y (closer to Smuggler, tho, really). Some of the Companions in their default looks would be nice, too.

The downside is they're gonna be released sporadically, no dedicated wave of figures like TFU had a few years back. Vizla and Jace may be out in the same wave, I'm not sure.

Im also hoping for some Comp figures, aswel as Generic Player characters, although that seems unlikely

Don't know about Kenner or Hasbro, but Lego has 2 SWTOR sets announced for August. A Sith Fury that includes Darth Malgus and 2 Sith Troopers and an Imperial astromech droid minifigs, and a Republic Striker, with Satelle Shan a Republic Trooper and an astromech

http://www.brickshow.com/toy-fair-review-of-lego-star-wars-sith-fury-class-interceptor

http://www.brickshow.com/toy-fair-review-of-lego-star-wars-republic-striker-class-starfighter

I've been hoping for generic player figures for years now, since KOTOR. On toy forums, we came up with some nice ideas for getting our Revans and Exiles. The biggest challenge was all the different heads and hands to cover the various skintones and game portraits (since even in the 'what if' threads discussing it, people were whining about their own version of Revan/Exile not being represented).... one idea I recall was having a couple 3-packs: Scout, Soldier, and Scoundrel for one (one set male, one set female), then Guardian, Consular, and Sentinel for another, in different robe colors (I really wanted one to be the blue robes you get on Dantooine while looking for the Starmap). Each set would've had some unique saber hilt but multiples, with the blades in every color the game offered, and a double-bladed saber maybe in yellow, blue, purple, and green.

The Evolutions format Hasbro had for some characters/themes would've worked, since you'd basically get 3 full figures and accessories, but Hasbro was stingy with the accessories and often the articulation as well in those sets, so they wouldn't go for all the extra hands, sabers, heads. Plus it's an awful lot to devote to essentially ONE character from a game (8 sets/2 characters if they made an Exile one). If they did a special KOTOR re-release maybe when the first TOR expansion hits, maybe Hasbro could do that. They'd only need to do male sets for Revan and female for Meetra, after all, and perhaps cut down on the accessories some (but 3 different portraits would be nice in each, so you could swap 'em all out to make 'your' Revan/Meetra, sorta, and the rest would be like NPC figures)

But companions? I'd absolutely love to see them from TOR AND more from KOTOR 1&2.

I just want the ships - Whether full (figure scale) sized or the smaller Micro Machine Action Fleet series that came out about 15 years ago... (holy hell, has it been that long?... quick scan of the internet... 1995)

Or even the mini Titanium line.

I don't need any character figures... ok maybe the droids.

I just want the ships - Whether full (figure scale) sized or the smaller Micro Machine Action Fleet series that came out about 15 years ago... (holy hell, has it been that long?... quick scan of the internet... 1995)

Or even the mini Titanium line.

I don't need any character figures... ok maybe the droids.

I know of at least 1 modeler that is working on a 1/72 scale version of the Smugglers XS freighter, designed to sit next to the fantastic fine molds Milenium Falcon.

Here is an example. I made my Mercenary Bounty Hinter from SWTOR. He is a Zabrak like Maul different face tattoos but same color/ design as I love black and red together.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=3284.60

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=3284.45

MacksAdrenalin

Although I respect the art in general, I looked at your figures and they reminded me of my "Sid Days" (Toy Story 1 ref) when I used to rip off heads on gi joes then super glue on heads from other toys I had like one I did was He-Mans body with a Barbie Head cause I was making a short about when the prince wanted to get a sex change. lolz oh my crazy childhood...good times. I used to really love the crash dummies which broke apart.

Mmm but I digressed...

I have to imagine eventually they will be coming out with lots of toys sense they are so cheap to manufacture and then upsell for 50-60% return on the profits. Thank you china ;P

But in all reality I'd say the first wave is going to be generic characters from the "trailers" which honestly the only one Id want is the smuggler guy which I can't make my in game smuggler look like (damn them to hell for misleading us all) ...

but other than that bad ***, I'd like to eventually see generic PVP or PVE or Maybe Gear where we buy toy and then get a code which unlocks a special store to buy the matching orange armor as to make our in game match out toy/figurine ... and then have removable head(s) hilts as to match our race choice. Of all the classes. They obviously have statistics so possibly, we'd be able to start with the most popular and then each month or so release another class...

it's a dream. but it has me thinking...i just might buy should they sell.

PS: That electrocuted Darth Vader was awesome. It had me rolling with laughter...

Although I respect the art in general, I looked at your figures and they reminded me of my "Sid Days" (Toy Story 1 ref) when I used to rip off heads on gi joes then super glue on heads from other toys I had like one I did was He-Mans body with a Barbie Head cause I was making a short about when the prince wanted to get a sex change. lolz oh my crazy childhood...good times. I used to really love the crash dummies which broke apart.

Mmm but I digressed...

I have to imagine eventually they will be coming out with lots of toys sense they are so cheap to manufacture and then upsell for 50-60% return on the profits. Thank you china ;P

But in all reality I'd say the first wave is going to be generic characters from the "trailers" which honestly the only one Id want is the smuggler guy which I can't make my in game smuggler look like (damn them to hell for misleading us all) ...

but other than that bad ***, I'd like to eventually see generic PVP or PVE or Maybe Gear where we buy toy and then get a code which unlocks a special store to buy the matching orange armor as to make our in game match out toy/figurine ... and then have removable head(s) hilts as to match our race choice. Of all the classes. They obviously have statistics so possibly, we'd be able to start with the most popular and then each month or so release another class...

it's a dream. but it has me thinking...i just might buy should they sell.

PS: That electrocuted Darth Vader was awesome. It had me rolling with laughter...

Some friends in my modeling club keep trying to convince me how easy and reasonably inexpensive it is to literally make your own completely custom figures and action figures. Apparently the hardest thing to do is (obviously) the head and faces. (Unless you are doing a helmet, at which point it is cake). For action figures a few companies make and sell articulated "generic" figures of various scales and sizes. You then build the clothing and details you want using Aves super sculpt, and then paint.

Yea, you can always make plaster molds. we did a lot of that for art class growing up on certain projects working with liquid latex and such...i never made my own head before can't imagine it's easy...id think you need to sculpt a lot of the features...eh.