Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediTahiri
07.18.2017 , 09:29 AM | #1481
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The have stated plainly, multiple times, that they will not be doing cross-server. Why are you ignoring this fact?
Why are you ignoring the other replies I have made with someone on this issue? Congrats you can just repeat something someone else already mentions. Goodjob
Aela Surik - Jedi Guardian Tank on Star Forge
Caeden Marik - Sith Juggernaut Tank on Star Forge

Andryah
07.18.2017 , 09:34 AM | #1482
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
Why are you ignoring the other replies I have made with someone on this issue? Congrats you can just repeat something someone else already mentions. Goodjob
And.. you did not answer the question.

Oh.. you played defensive pretense in your reply to Icykill, but that boiled down to... "I don't care what they said.. I want what I want.. no matter what". You are destined to be disappointed because they have chosen not to do cross server.. and made that choice years ago. Yet.. here you are demanding they do it anyway.

Icy made the point she did because your position is derailing the discussion, which should stay focused on the known current issues with merges, and suggestions and discussion about how to over come them. We really don't your hand grenade of "cross server NAO!" in the discussion. Of course you are free to toss the grenades, but that will just get you on a bunch of peoples /ignore list.

So.. one more question... do you want to be part of constructive discussion, or just toss hand grenades that make absolutely no sense given the facts on their being no plans for cross server?
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

JediTahiri
07.18.2017 , 09:40 AM | #1483
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
And.. you did not answer the question.

Oh.. you played defensive pretense in your reply to Icykill, but that boiled down to... "I don't care what they said.. I want what I want.. no matter what". You are destined to be disappointed because they have chosen not to do cross server.. and made that choice years ago. Yet.. here you are demanding they do it anyway.

Icy made the point she did because your position is derailing the discussion, which should stay focused on the known current issues with merges, and suggestions and discussion about how to over come them. We really don't your hand grenade of "cross server NAO!" in the discussion.
I never said any of that, in that context. I can tell you are one of those people that twist around everything people say and make accusations if they don't share the same opinion as you. I don't just ignore an entire conversation and then make accusations that the person never said. So I am not gonna even bother with you.
Aela Surik - Jedi Guardian Tank on Star Forge
Caeden Marik - Sith Juggernaut Tank on Star Forge

IntegrationArch
07.18.2017 , 09:44 AM | #1484
The sustained discussion including some toxic ranting (let’s stop squabbling) , sustained and overwhelming unanswered extremely long fix requests, lack of BW earth shaking announcements for months about course corrections, BW staff changes, no hints about megaservers nor painless Guild Migrations, only minor BW hints about re-engaging the systems and minor QoL, we can conclude:

1. SWTOR, whether we like it or not, was placed by EA in low maintenance self-attrition mode. Perhaps in 2018 after The Last Jedi & winter Holiday peak we may see 6.x, but it may be light. EA won’t allow 6.x to take steam out of Battlefront II. By then the population impacts of Battlefront II launch to accelerate this games state so EA can make the final decision.

2. The game's limited and buggy old engine, cartoon like game appearance,32 bit and server glued selfish player base, overall subscription profits, will necessitate SWTOR to set an irreversible glidepath. Then after the grieving period, possibly EA could build a brand-new Star Wars game with Frostbite 3 (EA’S platform of choice) for multi-platform support.

3. Because of the longevity of Keith’s tenure at EA/BW, if above is true EA, they will give this to Keith for an opportunity to fold in many of our SWTOR feature requests into something new yet unannounced. This is tenuous because all the early SWTOR replacement rumors from April have been thwarted as no final executive decision has been made.

Talon_strikes
07.18.2017 , 09:56 AM | #1485
I feel like eventually BW will be forced to merge servers again, which they should. There are PvP and PvE servers that shouldn't exist because they're too low of a population. This is an MMO and there shouldn't be dead or low pop servers. If BW does not merge servers then that is directly in contrast to what they did when they opened up server transfers (that were also FREE) and then ultimately closed all of the dead servers and merged them into the populated ones.
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Andryah
07.18.2017 , 10:06 AM | #1486
I never said any of that, in that context. I can tell you are one of those people that twist around everything people say and make accusations if they don't share the same opinion as you. I don't just ignore an entire conversation and then make accusations that the person never said. So I am not gonna even bother with you.
Sure Pal.

Yeah and I don't believe them. The devs are just not good enough to get it done or they don't want to invest in actually making the game better. They just care about CM garbage and leaving the servers practically dead. So we have to sit in long *** queue times
I haven't kept asking about it. This is the first time I have ever mentioned cross-server queues. I just find it ridiculous that people actually believe that bs when they say it's impossible. That is a flat out lie. Almost all mmo's have cross-server unless they use a mega server. Bioware just lies time and time again. They can never admit they were wrong.
Your viewpoint is both clear and pejorative. You want cross server, insist that it can be done, and that the studio is just lying about it. Completely contradictory to studio statements otherwise.

Your war is with the studio, not Icykill and not me.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

TUXs
07.18.2017 , 10:13 AM | #1487
It's typical of him. Don't fret it.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

AlrikFassbauer
07.18.2017 , 10:32 AM | #1488
I can tell you are one of those people that twist around everything people say .
I can twist my own words. I don't need you for that.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Icykill_
07.18.2017 , 06:57 PM | #1489
I haven't kept asking about it. This is the first time I have ever mentioned cross-server queues. I just find it ridiculous that people actually believe that bs when they say it's impossible. That is a flat out lie. Almost all mmo's have cross-server unless they use a mega server. Bioware just lies time and time again. They can never admit they were wrong.

The thing that annoys me the most about server merges is they seem to care about SOLO players. They should have nothing to do with merges. They do not do group content so queue times and being able to get groups do not concern them. Merges will help the actual mmo players. Which is what Bioware should be catering to. Your character name is hardly a big deal if you are a solo player also.
When I say stop asking for it, I'm saying to people in general to stop beating the dead horse because BIO aren't going to do cross server.

Do you work at Bioware?.. do you know how they have their backend setup?.. no... so you can't just come out and call it BS when you have no information to back up that statement except to say other MMOs have cross server.

I do agree something needs to be done soon for the MMO part of the game or it will be the end of the game.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Jedi_riches
07.19.2017 , 06:42 AM | #1490

The thing that annoys me the most about server merges is they seem to care about SOLO players. They should have nothing to do with merges. They do not do group content so queue times and being able to get groups do not concern them. Merges will help the actual mmo players. Which is what Bioware should be catering to. Your character name is hardly a big deal if you are a solo player also.
Do all MMO's use exactly the same engine? it sounds to me like Bioware heavily changed a Engine to suit their needs and have possibly modified it beyond the ability to add in stuff like cross servers without severe gutting of the existing engine which is almost as easy as starting a brand new engine which is not going to happen to a 5+ year old game.

Also Merges will affect solo players more than you think, players already have problems with ninja's and other players stealing all objectives as it is without adding more players to that mix.

If you really want more 'MMO action' you are free to move to a more populated server, however, there are many players that like quieter servers and once you merge servers you leave those players no place to go other than out the door and leave the game.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock