Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TyonYlle
06.20.2017 , 02:02 PM | #981
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
However...realizing that they are an issue to people like you, I'm perfectly fine with Bioware trying to figure out a way to move most, if not all of them, for people (as I said above).
I think that's a nice ending to this thread. All we can do now is wait and see what BW do, because at this point we're just attacking each other, everyone's getting worked up, and it's not doing anyone any good. We all should probably just leave this thread before someone gets a lightsaber through their gut.

AscendingSky
06.20.2017 , 02:02 PM | #982
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I don't care about anything else you wrote, but this set me off...I expressed MY opinion. MINE! Not yours, MINE. You are free to speak for yourself. I don't type for anyone but myself. IN MY OPINION, decos are the least important part of any merger. I don't care if NONE transfer...it's that much of a non-issue to ME. If you can express how important to YOU they are, allow me to express how little I care about them. My strongholds are literally decorated with Meat Trees...that's how little decorating matters to me.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm simply saying I don't care about decorations. 99% of them CAN be replaced, the people leaving because the servers are dead, can't be. Dead servers are a cancer, decos are cosmetic.

However...realizing that they are an issue to people like you, I'm perfectly fine with Bioware trying to figure out a way to move most, if not all of them, for people (as I said above).
Again, the point I am trying to make is just because something is not important to one person, does not mean it's not important to other people, or that it doesn't matter. There's a big difference between saying "Decorating doesn't matter to me personally," and "Decorations don't matter on the subject of server merges," okay?
#FixStrongholds
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

IntegrationArch
06.20.2017 , 02:07 PM | #983
Off topic about this Massively Multiplayer Online Game and full disclosure, I am not from the ME generation.

I do remember leveling new toons in version 1 to 4 and guild mates I just met giving me 100K or a full set of armor or relics or weapons and 22 mk-9 kits they crafted so I could hold up with them in RP HM OPS. 5yrs ago as F2P their behavior made me sub since then and I return the favor to deserving noobs.

If that's still important then lets get this merge sorted faster with more active and full guilds.

DWho
06.20.2017 , 02:21 PM | #984
Quote: Originally Posted by IntegrationArch View Post
Off topic about this Massively Multiplayer Online Game and full disclosure, I am not from the ME generation.

I do remember leveling new toons in version 1 to 4 and guild mates I just met giving me 100K or a full set of armor or relics or weapons and 22 mk-9 kits they crafted so I could hold up with them in RP HM OPS. Then I return the favor to noobs.

If that's still important then lets get this merge sorted faster with more active and full guilds.
It still happens in most guilds. We maintain a guild bank full of Aug kits and Augs as well as other mods. Crafters in the guild are willing to craft gear for anyone who needs it (even the stuff that needs special components). HM content has moved almost exclusively into the realm of guilds. I am personally in 3 guilds with multiple toons in each and we routinely do story mode OPs for training and HM OPs for gear. We almost never use people out of Group Finder to fill out OPs teams. We instead go to associated guilds for additional members. The reason for this was that we had several bad experiences with people out of group finder (not the ones that were ill equipped or new to them - who are usually more than willing to learn) but the ones for who "time is money" (Similar to the "SPACEBAR" crowd in FPs). There is a lot of group activity going on in guilds that is not readily apparent to people using LFG and Groupfinder.

fushnchips
06.20.2017 , 02:27 PM | #985
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
It still happens in most guilds. We maintain a guild bank full of Aug kits and Augs as well as other mods. Crafters in the guild are willing to craft gear for anyone who needs it (even the stuff that needs special components). HM content has moved almost exclusively into the realm of guilds. I am personally in 3 guilds with multiple toons in each and we routinely do story mode OPs for training and HM OPs for gear. We almost never use people out of Group Finder to fill out OPs teams. We instead go to associated guilds for additional members. The reason for this was that we had several bad experiences with people out of group finder (not the ones that were ill equipped or new to them - who are usually more than willing to learn) but the ones for who "time is money" (Similar to the "SPACEBAR" crowd in FPs). There is a lot of group activity going on in guilds that is not readily apparent to people using LFG and Groupfinder.
Time is money and for the space bar thing most people can go do a solo mode FP and view all the videos they want but sometimes in group content watching all the videos can actually be rude to the other players that's why I always suggest to watch it in solo mode or youtube in your own time.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

casirabit
06.20.2017 , 02:29 PM | #986
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
After reading pages of swarm posts I just need to do a little summary of the role player types just so I understand....

RP'ers:

Infrequently participate in Operations, Flashpoints, PVP, GSF, & Events (maybe)
View people LFG on fleet as deplorable spammers
Prefer empty planets or their strongholds/guildships in which to conduct their role playing
Avoid Fleet at all costs
Have a die hard group of best friend guildies who have played faithfully since launch

Seems like this demographic of player is juxtaposed to a successful or healthy MMO in a traditional sense. As I've analogized before nobody wants to eat in an empty restaurant versus a full one and yet they immediately replied and backed each other up that they love empty restaurants. Funny thing is those restaurants that sit empty month after month go out of business.

My theory is that if they boiled 17 servers down to around 5 the game would be healthier & more MMO type players would return to the game because they can do group PVE/PVP and the RP'ers would still be here.
You are totally wrong.

My guild is a roleplay guild on Ebon Hawk but yet we constantly participate in Flashpoints, Operations and PVP. We just group up with each other because we know each other and know what each of us can do. You are making these stupid comments about something you have no knowledge. I do hope that people don't believe what you have spouted off on.

Just because roleplayers are smart enough to group up with their guild and/or friends doesn't mean they don't do group content. We do it just because we know who we are grouping up with.

Furthermore, if doing group pickups means we have to group up with someone like you, NO THANKS I think I pass and stay with the group I know and trust instead of someone like you.

To other: Sorry for my temper but people like this make me angry!
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

IoNonSoEVero
06.21.2017 , 12:41 AM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
After reading pages of swarm posts I just need to do a little summary of the role player types just so I understand....

RP'ers:

Infrequently participate in Operations, Flashpoints, PVP, GSF, & Events (maybe)
View people LFG on fleet as deplorable spammers
Prefer empty planets or their strongholds/guildships in which to conduct their role playing
Avoid Fleet at all costs
Have a die hard group of best friend guildies who have played faithfully since launch

Seems like this demographic of player is juxtaposed to a successful or healthy MMO in a traditional sense. As I've analogized before nobody wants to eat in an empty restaurant versus a full one and yet they immediately replied and backed each other up that they love empty restaurants. Funny thing is those restaurants that sit empty month after month go out of business.

My theory is that if they boiled 17 servers down to around 5 the game would be healthier & more MMO type players would return to the game because they can do group PVE/PVP and the RP'ers would still be here.
Different people have different ways of playing and enjoying the game, just as people have different ways of interacting and being social offline. This is usually where someone will jump in and say, '...But it's MULTIPLAYER!" Yes, but multiplayer doesn't translate to, "groups and plays with other players, does PvP, joins guilds, etc." It just means existing in an online world with other players. One might wave at them, one might group, one might simply run a brisk business on the GTN, one might avoid all interaction altogether,

Frankly, a lot of the players I encounter in the game behave such that I have no desire to hang out with them. The crate ninjas and people who follow you as you clear areas, for one thing, are as annoying as heck. Even worse, the people who go on PvE servers like Ebon Hawk and try to get people to PvP.

TyonYlle
06.21.2017 , 05:04 AM | #988
There's also /cjoin "allies" I've seen many people using that to find groups, including OPs groups, heck even last week I did my first ever OPs. I don't really see the appeal in them, personally, but I understand why people like them. I prefer FPs myself, they're much shorter so I don't need to play for hours on end.

I've only just learned about the allies group, though, on this very forum, but I can't remember who mentioned it. There should also be a channel just for guild advertisements, now that would be awesome, and guilds won't need to feel up the chat. I don't mind guild advertisements personally, but I've seen people getting annoyed about it in gen-chat on the fleet.

Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
Time is money and for the space bar thing most people can go do a solo mode FP and view all the videos they want but sometimes in group content watching all the videos can actually be rude to the other players that's why I always suggest to watch it in solo mode or youtube in your own time.
Yeah, I usually ask whether "we're watching or skipping'. Personally, I don't care if people watch, it just makes it a nice and relaxing run, but it's my hope that I'll make the "SB" crowd look like the impatient D. that they are.

TyonYlle
06.21.2017 , 07:10 AM | #989
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Don't feed the troll. He has a clear discontent for roleplaying and is intentionally being an insensitive *** to make a point. This is the kind of player that would go into the RP instance for his own personal lols.
Yeah, kinda just proved why an "RP instance" won't work.

TUXs
06.21.2017 , 07:56 AM | #990
Quote: Originally Posted by TyonYlle View Post
Yeah, kinda just proved why an "RP instance" won't work.
Yes it would. It just needs to be policed...ALL chat does in this game. People can't be allowed to act any way they want without recourse...that wouldn't work here on these forums, it shouldn't be that way in game.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)