New Star Wars MMO like H1Z1 or RUST (Idea)

Crip

Hi,

I was thinking the other night about a new Star Wars MMO like rust or H1Z1, And weather it would be a good idea or not?

I think it could work in pretty much the same way as those games, with the way you gather resources/food to build and survive ect. But with more planets as maps.

Here are a few things I thought.

The setting.

It would take place in a remote part of the galaxy that saw a battle between the rebels and imperials both lose and debris from the battle above and also people land on the 6 planets. they (you) would form the population of these planets.

1. six planets, each the size of a RUST/H1Z1 map. 2 Rebel Planets, 2 Imperial Planets, 2 Neutral faction planets(bounty hunters, pirate's ect)

2. Three factions. As mentioned above. Rebel, Imperial , Neutral. it would still be every man for him self on each starting planet but would give you a chance to join players who want to team up. still, it would take a lot of trust.

3. three main class, each with at least 2 sub classes.

soldier (bh, commando, smuggler)

Force Sensitive (Jedi, Sith)

Crafter (Ships/droids, Weapons/Armour, Houses/food( all classes will be able to build a basic hut and eat less substantial food found in the wild)

Crafters would also have a higher chance of finding the best resources .i.e. they show up on mini map when your in the area of a good resouce.

4. to become one of the combat sub classes would mean finding relics around the planets that either spawn randomly in areas or a chance of a drop from NPC's. each class has 3 or more relic slots.

I.e. To become a jedi, you would have to find 3 holocron relics. depending what relics you equip will decide what type of force sensi you are, saber combat/more force orientated combat. rare relics will allow greater/rarer powers.

the same can be done for the bounty hunters and so on. crafters could work this way or choose a craft at character selection.

5. every player is stuck on the starting planet until you have a crafted space ship. bigger, better ships would take more and better resources. meaning players would probably have to come together in greater numbers to build the bigger ships. maybe once you have a certain resource from each planet including enemy planets you could build capital ships.

6. on death you lose all of the gear you have on you and that can be collected by you if you get back to your stuff in time or it could be looted by another player. all except the relics which would vanish with your corpse meaning when you respawn you would be back to the main class and not respawn as the jedi, BH ect. Maybe crafters would still have learned recipes after respawn.

Just an Idea off the top of my head, But what do you think? would it be worth a go? And do you have any idea's to add that maybe I'v missed or what iv suggested that wouldn't work.

Cheers :)

well, it is a budding genre by the looks of it, but since this is star wars it would have to be less harsh than h1z1 and WAY less harsh than RUST.

Ex.

Easing people in more with a very small safe zone (say, autocannons on crashed ship killing anyone who engages in PVP with anyone who has not traveled outside the zone yet (say 100m or so)). This ship would contain simple stuff for first little while of survival, including survival manuals for people to learn from.

Have a few pre-made guilds people are encouraged to join off the bat designated for learning and getting people's feet wet until they want to form/join a personal guild. All the good stuff of course would be found far from pre-made guild territories.

Star Wars has always been targeted for a wide demographic, wheras RUST is more for the teenage troll. This needs to be taken into account, ESPECIALLY with this genre.

Highly unlikely but might be neat.

no it;'s not, it's adapting to the realities of the market, Sub only MMOs are fast becoming things of the past

That is true. Most MMOs and publishers--not just EA/Bioware, mind you--have realized that. Sub only MMOs actually limit the number of players who can join. If this had been followed by EA until now, SWTOR would probablty be gasping if not dead. Many publishers have realized that the best route is actually a combination of having subs and f2p--in short, it's the best of both worlds. You earn much more by having 2 systems working together rather than a sub-only or a completely f2p game.So, that's a fail? I don't think so. As mentioned, it's just realizing that the maximum revenue potential for the game is to go through a combined sub and f2p system.

That is true. Most MMOs and publishers--not just EA/Bioware, mind you--have realized that. Sub only MMOs actually limit the number of players who can join. If this had been followed by EA until now, SWTOR would probablty be gasping if not dead. Many publishers have realized that the best route is actually a combination of having subs and f2p--in short, it's the best of both worlds. You earn much more by having 2 systems working together rather than a sub-only or a completely f2p game.So, that's a fail? I don't think so. As mentioned, it's just realizing that the maximum revenue potential for the game is to go through a combined sub and f2p system.

This is correct. Let's look at this hybrid for a second here. Those that would normally sub will happily do so for the benefits it provides. This gives them a stream of 10-15 dollars a month. Those that wouldn't play due to a subscription cost are now more likely to give it a shot. Increasing the chance they'll at least spend something in the market place or at some point down the road sub. Even if they don't they may, since they're at least playing the game, get other people involved in the game who will also sub, pay some money, or get even more players in.

I agree with that.

The way H1Z1's market place works is pretty good for that type of game. when you buy something from the market place it comes as an air drop so everyone around has a chance to steal it from you. not only that but anything you have bought can be looted from your corpse if you die so ends up in the game available to someone who doesn't buy from the market place.

maybe a better way for hybrid f2p sub could work is giving subs so much credit to spend in the market place and those who dont sub can still buy from the market place if they chose but don't have the restrictions in gameplay. I think its restrictions in gameplay for f2p that spoils it :)