[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

AstralFire

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the Darkness PvE Standard compare to the Darkness Hybrid when it comes to both PvE & PvP?

Hybrid lacks Wither, but produces a bit better Trash spam. As a result you will have: * a bit lower self heal due to lack of procs from Wither

* significantly lower AOE treat on 4+ mobs

* incoming damage not reduced by 5%

* more damage on for 1-2 targets

* another long range (30m) pull/treat tool

In PvP Wither slows multiples of enemies, reduces their damage and produces huge overall damage increase. On the other side you can hit people from 30m even if they are behind some column/checkpoint

How does the change to Crackling Charge affect our rotation? Now that discharge has no CD? Does that Essentially drop Thrash from the rotation? Making Discharge our filler? Or do we use it only when the dot falls off?

**Previous Rotation**

ABILITY OVERVIEW

Priority List (Standard):

1. Death Field (Even single target, every CD)

2. Shock (If Unearthed Knowledge is not active, or about to expire)

3. Assassinate (Target at 30% health or less)

4. Maul (Exploit Weakness, behind target)

5. Crushing Darkness (Raze buff, preferentially on an unafflicted target)

6. Creeping Terror (On a target not currently afflicted, or about to expire)

7. Discharge (every CD)

8. Thrash

9. Saber Strike (Conserving Force)

Discharge is a dot, why would you discharge on every CD over thrash ?

0s CD is mainly great for AOE situation, on single target I would only discharge once my dot expired.

i would like to know and ask how much the surge nerf effects on deception and madness spec, and if the priority of secondary stat is really changed; In particular what are the soft cap values we have to consider to switch from one stat to another.

So does anyone have some reliable math or tested enough to discuss those points please?

Firstly, thank you for an excellent Codex, it really has helped me shape my Assassin!

Secondly, I accidentally found something out that I really have not seen anywhere, guide or not (though I must confess I can only read through so many guides and forum threads).

(PVE)

While soloing a Heroic I cast Mind Trap on one mob to tie it up, then proceeded to kill off everyone else normally. At the end of the first part of the fight I got a bit away from the trapped mob and was too lazy to run over to it, so I used Force Pull to bring it to me.

That's when I noticed that Force Pull do not break your Mind Trap.

I guess since the Force Pull have only aggro effect and no damage it won't break the trap (and Mind Trap states that damage will break it).

So for multiple mobs you can Mind Trap, then run away a bit and pull the trapped mob from the rest of the pack (possibly while sending in your pet if you have a tank companion up), then run in to join the fight. Mind Trapped mob is now far away from the rest and you can use AoE effects to your liking.

Sure, when the mob breaks it will be pretty pissed on you, but since I am a tank I don't mind.

Sorry if it was common knowledge, but I honestly did not know about it before i stumbled upon it.

The sections on Crowd Control, Mind Trap and Force Pull don't mention it either.

All tips and tricks are nice, and this certainly makes handling groups of mobs easier.

/Andreas

Hey guys i've been wondering about the darkness pvp spec of 31/0/10, I've been told this spec is still viable for pvp while stacking up your gear and stats as if your were still a dps, is this true or should i be going for tank gear before respecing into darkness (currently decep Chain shock pvp spec) Edited by deags

Hi!,

Please help me because I am really confused on which one to get? or which one is better for PVP.

I am a sith assasin and I have reset all of my skill points. I want to get the deception tree with the build ?-31-?. THe question mark indicates 10 points are still remaining in which I want to use for the right skills

Im confused on which skills are better or build is better when it comes to pvp. I want a more damage build but Ok with the survivability. Please help me in my concern.

1. Which is better to have between the skills Crackling CHarge or Sith Defiance?

2. Which is better between Entropic field or Fade?

3. Which is better between the two, CHARGING mastery or CHAIN shock?

Kindly answer me with your best response based on experience because I believe that it is better to believe the experience of the players rather than relying to a certain calculator. If you have screen shots of your damage or skill tree please post it.

Many thanks my co-sith assasin. It will be a great help for me and for my brothers and friends who is a assasin as well.

Funny thing is we all have FAT body type and I think we will create a guild which includes al FAT bodytypes.. hahaha

I will await for your responses SITH LORDS! Glory for the EMPIRE! STRIKE WITH FURY AND PASSION!

After playing one particular MMORPG for 3.5 years, I decided to dive into this one over the weekend, so I'm very new. I was hoping to come across a guide, and this is exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much for putting the time into it.

The Survivability Madness build looks like the one that I would use when im level 50 but this is my current build that allows me to survive longer than with other builds. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZZfMfRrbkb.1 I know that it is for a level 34 but i will have everything above what I already have and nothing below the top tier that I don't have. Please tell me what you think of that build and any advice is welcome. (When I am level 50 the build will look like this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZGhMZfMfRrbkbfz.1 I have no tested that build so it may not be great.)

• 2 weeks later...
Ideally you would have both the stalker and survivor set, and replace the mods between the same pieces (pull the tank mods out before you put the dps ones over them) but that is slightly ridiculous with the BM gear. Just use that as a comparison point. Look at the stalker chest and get whatever level mods you can of the same type to put into the survivor chest.

Hello, I scanned through several pages and didn't see what I was looking for, so I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed.

I seem to be having a bug with Death Field. Instead of giving 1% for each target hit, up to 3 targets, it is just giving me a flat 1% regardless of how many targets are hit. In fact, I can cast Death Field on empty space and get 1% back - no targets hit. Am I missing something? The difference between 1% and 3% health return is small but noticeable, but when it's 2% vs. 6% it will be much more so. I submitted a bug report and got standard "sorry, we're looking into it" response back.

why is this post no longer stuck?

Because there is quite a bit of misinformation that needs to be updated.

The Deception tree carries a lot of misinformation on it, which should be changed.

To name a few.

1. Any Deception build without Charge Mastery is a bad build. VS and Maul desperately need the improved Armour Pen. The only reason you wouldn't use Charge Penn is if you planned on running around in Dark Charge at which point why not just roll Darkness spec.

2. The rotation is a bit off.

1. Assassinate

2. Maul (Duplicity Up)

3. Discharge w/Reck (with 5 Stacks of Static Charge)

4. Discharge w/o Reck (with 5 stacks of Static Charge)

5. Shock (Induction Up)

6. Voltaic Slash

7. Saber Strike

3. Discharge should not be used on CD except possibly in pvp when you don't have time to build a stack of five, but it is a significant dps loss to do it. It's 6 percent more per stack. Losing 12-18 percent damage is a significant dps loss.

4. Force Slow should not be used all the time. I am almost positive it builds resolve though I will have to double check.

5. Low Slash with Whirlwind is almost ridiculoulsy comical. There isn't a single Deception Sin I know who uses Whirlwind except in Extreme Circumstances. It's like using Forced Lightning. It's never used except when you have no other options.

Still shouldnt be a reason on why it should be unsticky. All the other information is a big help for new assassins.

Resticky please!

Edited by Skorpeo

The Deception tree carries a lot of misinformation on it, which should be changed.

To name a few.

1. Any Deception build without Charge Mastery is a bad build.

3. Discharge should not be used on CD except possibly in pvp when you don't have time to build a stack of five, but it is a significant dps loss to do it.

I really think you don't play PVP so you really don't know every viable spec. currently playing with http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MZhGrRkhMbtzZf0c.1 I've found it to be the most viable Chain Shock spec for PVP, Charge master isn't greatly needed in PVP with a chain shock spec, Waiting for 5 stacks to use Discharge in PVP is an awful idea discharge should be used on Every CD.

Discharge is used on CD regardless of pvp/pve..simulationcraft has proved it.

If you are talking about the sithwarrior.com forum. They have even stated in the thread that it's best to wait for 5 stacks, but the dps loss is ~1percent DPS. Please don't state things that are random tosses of misinformation spouted by the misreading of a thread.

I stated in pvp is the only time not waiting on 5 stacks is not a dps loss. This is inherently true a loss of 1 percent is still a loss. If you feel you can't use discharge when it hits 5 without waiting a few GCD's to pop it than use it on CD between 3 and 5. Using Discharge with less than 3 stacks on it is a significant dps loss.

If you are talking about the sithwarrior.com forum. They have even stated in the thread that it's best to wait for 5 stacks, but the dps loss is ~1percent DPS. Please don't state things that are random tosses of misinformation spouted by the misreading of a thread.

I stated in pvp is the only time not waiting on 5 stacks is not a dps loss. This is inherently true a loss of 1 percent is still a loss. If you feel you can't use discharge when it hits 5 without waiting a few GCD's to pop it than use it on CD between 3 and 5. Using Discharge with less than 3 stacks on it is a significant dps loss.

Ive never seen a post backed up by numbers in a simulcraft chart that shows discharge used on CD doing less dps than not using it on CD....could you link that info please?