Artifice or Synthweaving?

jzheng

So...I decided to pick Archaeology as one of my Crew Skills. However, I'm torn between Artifice and Synthweaving. Which do you think is better for a Jedi Sentinel? If you can, please also include some facts/advantages/disadvantages in your comments. From there, I will choose my last crew skill accordingly. Thank you, I appreciate any help :)

Honestly I'd say synthweaving simply for the ability to create your own augment... They get really expensive, as you add higher augment slots so the ability to make your own is huge! Plus at max level you can make a few nice peices of Rakata gear... Even at lower levels, you can make some pretty decent gear relative to your level....

I found synthweaving to be of great help to me and if you are looking to make money, well not much from synthweaving is going to make you money with the exception of the augments because no one is really going to buy gear from the GTN... I craft purple augments for MK-6 slots and put on the market... This usually pulls in around 45-50k per augment

Best of luck :)

The orange belt and bracers from synthweaving sell pretty good and the augments are awesome money makers. Most people will augment thier orange gear so keeping them on the gtn for all levels sell pretty good. Orange gear sells when people want to get into oranges right away. Just need to make sure thry are priced below legact oranges or people will just go there.

Artifice is good for leveling and the market is average for hilts, crystals and enhancments. The shields are hit and miss on the gtn. End game, if your lucky to get ops drops and successful REs, there are serious money there. Maybe not so much now since we are going into the first expansion here soon. But synthweaving, garunteed money maker with people allways looking for augmenst while leveling and at end game.

So to sum up:

Artifice- great leveling, makes credits on leveling items and potential to make tons if you raid and get lucky at end game.

Synthweaving, good for leveling, easy access to augments, and steady garunteed income at end game as long as you keep pumping them out.

First, you seem to be going about this kind of strange. You should choose your crafting skill first, then choose the gathering and mission skills that support that crafting skill. But, anyways...

I have both and have found Artifice much more productive.

- Crystals are ALWAYS on demand. To a lesser extent, hilts ad enhancements, but people are always out for crystals.

- Synthweaving makes clothes for force users. So many armor is dropped on the game and you get it also from flashpoints and heroics, there is barely a need to buy them from crafters. The only exception are belts and wrist pieces, and the thing is that many of the schematics in synthweaving are class restricted (only for Jedi Knight, for example).

I find both armormech and synthweaving have much less demand than what I get from Cybertech (have two of those now!) and Artifice, followed by armstech (barrels) and Biotech (implants).

So...I decided to pick Archaeology as one of my Crew Skills. However, I'm torn between Artifice and Synthweaving. Which do you think is better for a Jedi Sentinel? If you can, please also include some facts/advantages/disadvantages in your comments. From there, I will choose my last crew skill accordingly. Thank you, I appreciate any help :)

I'll link you to my best crew skills for your class guide for the details, but Synthweaving is likely what you should go with. With the +5 crit Synthweaving bonus along with the Archaeology bonus your ability to crit on augments alone, and get two instead of one, would justify taking Synthweaving. I'd highly recommend taking Artifice on a class that doesn't have a valuable crafting crit bonus like the Sith Inquisitor.

If it is your first toon, I would say Artifice.

From a leveling standpoint:

The OH/Enhancements/Crystals will enable you to level your first toon and alternates very quickly. While there are gear drops, the quality and stat allocations can be inapporpriate. With the OH/ENH/CRY you have choice on what stats you carry and can instantly increase them at virtually any level. As a Force-user, you also have access to Hilts with adds to the picture. I know you can do similar things with Syth, but would you put Force gear in your Tank Companion who's main stat is Aim? Conversly, Artifice can outfit him with OHs and enhancements.

From an EndGame standpoint:

As said ealier, Artifice endgame ENH and hilts fetch a pretty penny @ endgame, but the great part about it is if you have been REing stuff like OH/ENN at low levels, you will have access to lower level patterns that people will pay large margins to get. My margins for low level stuff is close to 300%. Blue/Purple LvL 29-45 items are your bread and butter. PvE content gets significantly more difficult at these levels..

Since your first toon if you could find someone that will allow you on their ship for the droid sensor to increase Artifice and TH missions, that would be immensely helpful...

Edited by L-RANDLE